Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 6:31 PM Last edited by TheLionzHeart01 : 24th Jun 2010 at 6:45 PM.
Default Game Clock/Time Too Fast
This is my biggest gripe about the game. There is just not enough time to do the things I want in the game! I'm not talking about overall. I'm talking about within 1 "sim day". For example.

Real-Time Game Time
1 second = 1 minute
1 minute = 1 hour

My Sim stays awake for about 15 hours.

So that equals 15 minutes of Real-Time = 1 Sim Day. NOT including speed ups!

How am I supposed to cram a whole entire Sim Day into less than 15 minutes of Real Time? Doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous?

I've played The Sims since it first came out back in 2000. And like I said, this has always been my biggest gripe. I really really wish there was some kind of mod that doubled, or even tripled the amount of time on the game clock.

I really find it hard to enjoy the game when my Sim wakes up at 9am. Goes to work comes back at 2pm. Works out at the Gym until 5pm. Goes back home to eat. Then it's time to go to bed. SERIOUSLY. This really pisses me off. The only time I get to squeeze any "fun" in my Sim's day is on his days off. And even then it goes by VERY fast.

/rant finished

/discuss

P.S. I also apologize for any ignorance, because I've only played the Sims 3 for a few days now. I'm fairly new to it. So if there is anything I'm missing please let me know. Thanks!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLionzHeart01
I really really wish there was some kind of mod that doubled, or even tripled the amount of time on the game clock.

It is called Relativity. Look to my signature.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 6:59 PM
IDK, IMO that's pretty much how I feel about real life. I wish I could have more time in my day to get everything that I need and want to get done.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

Cheers.

Wonderful! Just what I was looking for! I'll head over to your website and read that thread. Thanks!
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treegardner
IDK, IMO that's pretty much how I feel about real life. I wish I could have more time in my day to get everything that I need and want to get done.

i totally agree with you, same here its almost like my everyday life is a routine that won't just change.

And i really doubt there will be a mod for slowing the game time since i think many people prefer faster time. especially if your waiting for a sim to finish a job.
Banned
#6 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 11:32 PM
Can you make one of those for real life, too?
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 10:50 PM
I posted a topic about the same exact thing on the forums at the Sims 3 site. It was in the suggestions section, so hopefully EA actually reads that stuff and they might do something. However, looking at what Aya said before and based on what I have seen, there are a ton of people that want the clock even faster. Why you would want to rush even more is beyond me, but everyone has their reasons.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 2:09 AM
Use testingcheatsenabled to keep your Sim awake 24/7. It's what I do when I want to try out new things. Like when I wanted to find every gem/metal/rock in the game. I just keep the Sim awake the whole time and had her search for stuff day and night.
Instructor
#9 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 5:59 AM
me too, i make their need static if im really stressed out, especially if i have many sims in my household.
Scholar
#10 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 6:23 AM
I agree. I'm not happy with the calibration or whatever you call it, of the Sim clock. However, I find that I pack about as much into my day as my sim does. I'm rather astounded at how long I actually do take in the bathroom, for example. Especially now that I'm a mother. It's great that the little buggers can't get at you in there! Every now and then I just need to be in a room where I'm not expected to answer a question or put something to rights. Not for lack of trying on the part of my kid--it's always 50-50 whether or not she'll hover just outside the door. The funny thing is that my cats knock on the door, too. I am never sure whether it's my daughter or one of the cats tapping on the door of the bathroom. The cats never want anything. They just don't like closed doors. They always suspect something absolutely fabulous in the world of felines is taking place beyond that closed door.

If I'm not relying on the microwave and trying to cook meals from scratch, then cooking takes an inordinate amount of my day, too. As does cleaning. I spend a lot of time cleaning. But of course, I'm a neat freak, I have 5 cats, a very large dog and a five year old. 5 cats, a five year old, and a very large dog have the potential to put a neat freak like me into the mental hospital. I own all manner of vacuum cleaners and steam cleaners and hard floor scrubbing machines, yet I can not keep a floor clean for more than five minutes. I think to save my sanity I should just weave a massive carpet out of fur, hair, food crumbs, small toys, and regurgitated hairballs and be done with it.

I used to use cheats on Sims1 and Sims2 all the time. I never do in Sims3 because I somehow got the hang of managing them. And it may just be my imagination, but I think their needs decay at a more reasonable rate now.

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Scholar
#11 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
I am never sure whether it's my daughter or one of the cats tapping on the door of the bathroom. The cats never want anything. They just don't like closed doors. They always suspect something absolutely fabulous in the world of felines is taking place beyond that closed door...

Thanks, I just choked on my coffee reading this. Your cats are very polite. When I close the bedroom or computer room door my cats don't knock--they stand on their hind legs and put a paw on either side of the doorknob and turn until it opens. I suspect the cats don't like you locking the door since you didn't clear it with them first--let's face it, they're the boss. Read their memo. LOL.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

Cheers.

You Mr. are epic.
I love you sooooooooooo much now. ♥

This has always been a majour disappointment for me. My sim gets a day off, I decide to take him/her to the park to meet new friends. Half of the day is spent just driving to the park (a small exaggeration but meh), then the rest of the day is spent greeting/smalltalking with a sim.

So the next day I decide to invite this new sim over, bake a cake or something. Half of the day is spent showering and baking, then the guest takes around 4 hours to arrive, and after the cake they just ditch my sim D:
Ohlookatthetimeit'ssolatebai!

Love you!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th May 2011 at 12:57 PM
hm i do like the game time clock very slow ^^
i have had this in Sims 2 as i do not play 3

but like by many other the time speed i have seen as way to fast

till i did find "Merola's Time Control Clock "

is a really really nice mod to sims 2

and i always be on -30 % (make it a real long day and night) 0 % can even freeze the clock ^^

then at day i play my normal sim
and at night i do play my vampire ^^

i know this be sims 3 discussion^^
but maybe if someone know a similiar link or mod that has the same item or similiar to sims 3
many ppl may be helped on the time problem ^^
here is a link to the sims 2 mod

http://www.modthesims.info/d/85710
Instructor
#14 Old 13th May 2011 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Angie26
i know this be sims 3 discussion^^
but maybe if someone know a similiar link or mod that has the same item or similiar to sims 3
many ppl may be helped on the time problem ^^
here is a link to the sims 2 mod

http://www.modthesims.info/d/85710

Welcome to the forum!

Anyway...that was a bit of a necro-post there. If you had read through the earlier posts, you would have seen that Twallan mentioned that he already developed such a mod for TS3.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th May 2011 at 3:27 PM
Also it looks a bit ridiculous that a sim is making a peanut butter sandwich for 35 sim minutes
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 13th May 2011 at 8:33 PM
The great thing about Twallan's mod is that you can change the clock speed according to what your sims are doing, for instance speed up time when they're sleeping or working, and slow it down for parties or gardening.

I'm looking forward to using it when Generations comes out, because I don't see how the kids and teens are going to have time for the new stuff otherwise

However, on the whole "realism" issue... I don't think it's as bad as most people assume. That's because sim actions "stand for" a whole host of related actions that don't happen in the game, but do IRL.

Take the 35 minute peanut butter sandwich, for instance. That can be seen as including not just preparation time, but shopping time and cleanup time... which is only very partially represented in the Sims (dishes never have to be put away, for instance, and food prep equipment is never cleaned at all, aside from countertops).

As for bathroom tasks, consider all the things that we do that our sims don't have to: cleaning and clipping and maybe painting nails, washing and combing and maybe styling hair, shaving whatever it is you shave, and so on. So if a lil time gets tacked on to the toilet or the shower to represent all that, it seems fair to me.

Still, realism is not necessarily the most fun playstyle, and IMO you enjoy the game the most if your sims spend most of the time doing those things that you as a player find entertaining And THAT is the real value of the relativity mod.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 13th May 2011 at 11:47 PM
I'd love to see sims shave and that.. and see the mens (and womens) facial hair grow.. Then you could have a "Hairless" LTR which prevents you from ever having to shave your legs or underarms, like alopecia (of all the conditions to have I'm glad this is the one that chose me).

But then there's the whole practical game/graphics/playability issue..

Is anyone else a little disturbed that sims don't even wince at the fact that they've shat/peed through their clothing?

^A little off topic...

Yeah, the relativity mod is amazing.. especially for parties.

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th May 2011 at 12:16 AM
omg, I thought I was the only one who felt this way ! I feel like my Sim NEVER gets enough done! By the time she gets out of work and showers, it's already past her bed time. By the time she wakes up, she doesn't even have enough time to shower and get downstairs on time for her car pool. God forbid she tries to hang out with friends after work.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 14th May 2011 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The great thing about Twallan's mod is that you can change the clock speed according to what your sims are doing, for instance speed up time when they're sleeping or working, and slow it down for parties or gardening.

I'm looking forward to using it when Generations comes out, because I don't see how the kids and teens are going to have time for the new stuff otherwise

However, on the whole "realism" issue... I don't think it's as bad as most people assume. That's because sim actions "stand for" a whole host of related actions that don't happen in the game, but do IRL.

Take the 35 minute peanut butter sandwich, for instance. That can be seen as including not just preparation time, but shopping time and cleanup time... which is only very partially represented in the Sims (dishes never have to be put away, for instance, and food prep equipment is never cleaned at all, aside from countertops).

As for bathroom tasks, consider all the things that we do that our sims don't have to: cleaning and clipping and maybe painting nails, washing and combing and maybe styling hair, shaving whatever it is you shave, and so on. So if a lil time gets tacked on to the toilet or the shower to represent all that, it seems fair to me.

Still, realism is not necessarily the most fun playstyle, and IMO you enjoy the game the most if your sims spend most of the time doing those things that you as a player find entertaining And THAT is the real value of the relativity mod.

I agree with all that, except .... it took my sim 1+ hour from her apartment unit, go down to get mail, and go back up the apartment through elevator.

In fact, the worst would be ... the stair from the building entrance to the car, it took her nearly 30 sim minutes to grind that stair. There is an apartment like that in Bridgeport that has an inclined stair as a foundation for the whole building. This causes her to be always late for work even she would start walking out the door the moment carpool is honking.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 10:56 AM
Any new mod ?
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#21 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 2:00 PM
Please check dates when posting in forums. This thread has not had any replies since 2011. Here is the rule about necromancy for future reference: 12. Do Not Bump Threads/No Threadcromancy: Do not post to an old thread just to bump it up to the top of the forum if you have nothing new to add, or to get it more visible (especially if it's your thread!) Don't resurrect old threads unless your comments are relevant and would be seen as a important addition to a thread. Continuing on a conversation dropped months ago is not a good idea - check dates.