Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#7926 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 5:21 PM
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7927 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 8:33 PM
Have not received Shiva-related pokings as the universe moves around us.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#7928 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 12:34 PM
More like "OMG WTF DID I DO". Ši I started a new household in a fresh new game of sunset valley and after playing I decide to save, and that's where horrific thing happens to any gamer. Į think when the prompt to name a save file appeared, I just clicked without looking to 'accept" without renaming it and thus in turn overriden my other save that had the common town name.

While it's my fault for oblirerating my household's, I would have like it if itgavę the default "Sunset Valley (#)" whenever you're in the procesas to make a multiple save game of the same common world. Į Doubt I'll be able to retrieve my previous household's *cues my tearing face*

Well, there's way still be hope. Į think just creating a save as... duplicato of the current hold and play it from there without touching initial one. How would it be possibly to reset it though?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#7929 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 2:52 PM
There might be a backup save folder of your previous sunset valley household?
Mad Poster
#7930 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
There might be a backup save folder of your previous sunset valley household?

Oh yeah. Shows it's modified two days ago, so it ought to be safe. I'll have to try loading that one. Į assume I have to rename it to erase ".backup" part?

Yup. It shows up. Thank!

Instructor
#7931 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 8:35 PM
Testing some custom tweaks to a writing mod I plonked two bin puddings on an empty lot in Builder's Island, gave them just the necessary writing equipment and set them off to write away. Set it to speed 4 and didn't pay attention for a while until I noticed there was no writing happening at all anymore. The woman has dropped her queue and has just "Upset!" in it instead. Still not paying very much attention I get rid of it and tell her to go the hell back to work. Two seconds later she's queue stomped again, this time complete with a highly suspicious "Betrayed" moodlet. Now I look around for the guy (her husband apparently) who's nowhere in sight only to find him on the far corner of the lot, right in the middle of leaping into the arms of a visiting alien.

Even in a completely empty world with squat to do they still find a way to be annoying and not do what you told them to. Oh, and Mr Alien fu- lover managed to squeeze one more flirt in before I nuked both said alien and all of his alien-lovin related wishes (a disturbing number of them, I might add.)
Test Subject
#7932 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 12:33 AM
Ugh newest WTF moment. I moved my sims into a house across from the beach in SV. Then I placed a new lot, Prisim Art Studio, on the 40x40 lot. I intended for my teen artist to go there and make decor for there home....routing failed! she dissappeared and ended up at worlds end and nothing would move her. I reset her, sent her home and tried again....same issue...ugh. So I moved her family across town and tried again....it worked! Finally!
Test Subject
#7933 Old 15th Oct 2019 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
reminds me, ive seen many a sim go running out to a lake (any given lake, really) in SV as if their life depended on it (unable to stop to say hi until they complete the action)...only to stand there for 10 seconds, then turn around and go home. they dont do anything, they dont even talk to each other when theyre there together. awkward.

and just general routing issues.
like when you tell them to "teach to walk" a toddler in a crib, they have adequate space in the nursery on the second/third floor to set them down and do so...but they insist on walking out into the front yard/backyard on the first floor to do it ._.

Or they go to the basement as with my sim and his alien daughter...
Mad Poster
#7934 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 7:44 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 16th Nov 2019 at 3:51 PM.
Contrary to frustrated reaction, I actually find it amusing when my Sim needs to use carpool despite her workplace being walking-distance close. Like when the carpool came, my sim hop in and it did a weird 305° turn on the same lane. Then when it came to return her home, it only rode her for an half a meter drive.

ETA: where the fuck you sailing away? That gondola suppose to be used on a track, not to sail away from the lot onto plain grass fields.

Oh, a Sim needs to pass out? Better take a flight stairs up and down, take miles and make turns, just to pass out by the canal.

Mad Poster
#7935 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 5:23 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 24th Nov 2019 at 7:39 PM.
Routing issues. I had to destroy the Alto home's front garden because simbody couldn't walk around a simple wrought iron fence segment.

I know Naru Osaka wasn't that street smart. But her average scores in school were 85%. Surely anyone with such grades could go around the fencing. I expect this from Usagi Tsukino back in her 8th grade year, before becoming Sailor Moon.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Lab Assistant
#7936 Old 11th Dec 2019 at 9:10 PM Last edited by mypantsfelldown : 11th Dec 2019 at 9:20 PM.
I was searching for gems in China when my camera pans over to a bunch of women on fire in a public toilet. Funniest part is, there wasn't enough space in the toilet where one of the women died so Grim had to reap her soul from the toilet next door.

I'm beginning to think this is some kind of scripted event...
Instructor
#7937 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mypantsfelldown
I was searching for gems in China when my camera pans over to a bunch of women on fire in a public toilet. Funniest part is, there wasn't enough space in the toilet where one of the women died so Grim had to reap her soul from the toilet next door.

I'm beginning to think this is some kind of scripted event...

Damn that newfangled flammable plumbing
Forum Resident
#7938 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
Damn that newfangled flammable plumbing

Nah, somebody just needs to lay off the spice. I'm not surprised the toilet combusted with that many Sims fighting to get in.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#7939 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Nah, somebody just needs to lay off the spice. I'm not surprised the toilet combusted with that many Sims fighting to get in.

Fair enough, but what about the charred sink?
Forum Resident
#7940 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 7:22 PM
Well, considering that I've walked into public bathrooms before and have witnessed the most unholy terrors imaginable in sinks alone... make of that what you will.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
#7941 Old 13th Dec 2019 at 9:33 PM
I'm in the category of "there's a fire don't stand there screaming just gtfo"
Mad Poster
#7942 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 7:40 PM
Not me, but been watching some of thequxxn's videos. In Pet' let's play, there are her pets in the household and the dog started be obnoxious when he did the routing-salsa dance, preventing the cat from getting catnip from the toy box. I chucked when out of annoyance she humorously said

"Dino, do you want to go to the ****** adoption shelter?!
Do you want to go to the adoption shelter?! I think you do!"

Scholar
#7943 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 10:47 PM
I just hated it when two of my sims thought their little cat were at the size of a bigger dog. They could not move anywhere when the cat was present. Me: "Oh come on damn it, it's a cat not a dinosaur".
Mad Poster
#7944 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 7:41 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 7th Jan 2020 at 8:40 PM.
Trying to get 8 children out of the pool so I can bulldoze that part of the Landgraab lot. It's likened to cat herding or getting one's ducks in a row.

I just want to bulldoze that part of the lot for farm land.

"CAN'T YOU JUST STAY OUT OF THE FUCKING POOL LONG ENOUGH SO I CAN DEMOLISH IT!?" was the thought going through my head during this afternoon's play session. First I get upset, and learn what happened afterwards and now I'm yelling internally at polygonal people.

Definitely need to see my team about this.

Instructor
#7945 Old 15th Jan 2020 at 9:54 PM
My celebrity sim got hit with the false rumor thing and after losing the slander lawsuit was $3k poorer and in a horrible mood. Lost a bunch of friends, Humiliated, negative Got Recognized ("Oh, it's YOU. No discount for you!" ). There was a SimFest going on so I decided to send him over to watch, have some fun before work. Apparently the performance was so bad he got downright depressed after

(It was a pudding doing mime so kinda fair, tbh, but still hilarious.)
Mad Poster
#7946 Old 19th Jan 2020 at 1:29 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 19th Jan 2020 at 1:55 AM.
"i'M gLaD yOu'Re fInAlLy LeAvInG, mArIbEl (my active Sim). tHaNkS fOr MaKiNg My PaRtY lAmE."

B!tch, were you even at your own party as you were hosting it? Doesn't look like when centering the camera after i clicked on your ugly face thumbnail. Maybe then I could find from the map tag displaying the party icon, which I assume it doesn't since you're not at your own home. But yeah, you're welcome!

Instructor
#7947 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 7:20 PM
Lots of things recently, but the last 2:

• The Uni awnings will block sims from going through doors, creating a routing nightmare. None of the other awnings do it - Ambitions or WA or even store. Just these bastards.
  • Invisible lights will cast a (very visible) sunshadow when outside during the day. on the invisibility part.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7948 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 7:19 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 3rd Feb 2020 at 7:32 PM.
When you load a new sunset valley but then you notice the elixir shop thing and supernatural hangout automatically place lots are inhabited by occupants.... classic EA with its sloppy work.

And uh nevermind. Entering and leaving sub-world (oasis landing) through edit town sets them appriopately back to community lots.

Inventor
#7949 Old 10th Feb 2020 at 1:28 PM
Pathfinding, especially with cars, etc. I'm long past screaming but I still groan when my Sims first think for a minute or two, then go fifty yards in the wrong direction, turn around and go fifty yards in another wrong direction, then finally get it right and stand there tapping their feet until the car appears. Usually but not always.
And that's just with one Sim. Just try to get five of them in one car ...
Mad Poster
#7950 Old 16th Feb 2020 at 1:41 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th Feb 2020 at 2:06 PM.
My last two "life" partners kept fighting with women and winning, which I count as assault in my world.

"If a woman cannot hold her own against the men and win, this is considered a count of assault on the man's part and said offender is to be booted off the lot permanently or until further notice."

-Penal Code of the Peanut Gallery of Traverston by PandaQueen

Page 318 of 321