Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 5:27 PM
Stop Townie's\"normal sims" being generated in game.
I don't know if i'm posting in the correct area, but here goes ..

I wondered if it's possible or if a mod exists that stops the game from moving sims into my town. So Here's the full story, i have created my own island with the create a world tool, and i want to populate it with berry sims, sort of a rainbowcy island, but here's the thing, the game keeps generating "normal" sims that my berry sims keep flirting/having babies with. I have Twallan's master controller, story progression and overwatch mods. I have searched google but can't seem to find a definitive answer, i've read that i need to change the immigration control to 0 on the story progression mod, and ive also read that, changing that setting wont do anything apart from stop the game from having homeless sims? So if anyone can help me find out how to get rid of the 'townies' then i'd be super happy lol.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 5:48 PM
Changing the immigration gauge will stop any new sims moving in to houses. However, the game still generates NPCs like the stylist, and I think (but am not sure) that the game will generate bosses for your sims. The only option I can think of is to create all the sims you want and move them in before you start playing.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
However, the game still generates NPCs like the stylist

One can use Register mod to stop that sort of immigration.

Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
, and I think (but am not sure) that the game will generate bosses for your sims.

Immigration of that nature is shut down by StoryProgression mod.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 6:51 PM Last edited by SusieCC : 16th Aug 2011 at 9:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

And are those your mods? Can i get them @ the-isz ? oh yeah and what version should i get; my patch level is 1.21 i have generations but i didn't install the patch that was released with it or with town life. Also i have the woohooer and when i try to get teens to woohoo the option is grey'd out, when i try to click it, it'll come up that teens cant perform that interaction ? any idea's ?
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 5:39 AM
Those are his mods, and he is happy to support them at his site You'll find lots of helpful answers over there!
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st May 2013 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

I am actually using your story progression mod, but even though immigration is set to 0 there are stil townies moving into the empty houses. Did I do something wrong?
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 8:27 AM
Register & story progression are great mods but it isn't doing nothing on that. Every sim hour I gotta force kill 50 newbie sims & manage the dead & delete all of the urnstones. No way they populating my towns graveyard. I'm extremely annoyed