Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 1:11 PM Last edited by hal100 : 18th Nov 2015 at 1:37 PM. Reason: Solved
Sims 4 Watching TV Channel Not Working - Pathing Problem?
Hi

Ever since I purchased Sims 4 I have been unable to get my sims to watch a TV channel. When I click on the TV and tell sim to watch, for example, the cooking channel, he or she acts as if they cannot reach it. I see a bubble with two small blue footprints and a red cross. It is as if something is blocking their route. I have searched online many times since I have bought the game through Origin but have been unable to find any solution or even a mention of the problem. I do have cc and mods installed but nothing that includes televisions and it did not work even when brand new without cc or mods. Can anyone help please? Much appreciated

Edit: Okay, I must have been talking utter nonsense about not having mods or cc in my game when i first bought it. After many months of searching for a solution and just minutes after posting this message I tried searching again and rephrased my words several times and eventually came across a poster that had a similar, if not exactly the same, problem. It was all down to a mod called 'Emotional Overcharge (Social Interaction Tuning) by Florian PTME. I removed the mod and could not believe my eyes when my sim went straight to the tv and began to watch the channel. Thank goodness, at last. My fault.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 10:17 PM
It's not just PTME that does that, the same happens with autonomous interactions. Basically anything that changes the sim autonomy seems to screw up the tv action.
The mods desperately need an update to fix that.

~ formerly known as trüffelschaf ~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 2:40 AM
for me it was a mod names " McDonald's LCD Digital Menu Board - No Autonomously Change Channel " that did this, after removing the tv channels worked fine