Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 10:39 PM
Default normal boats
Hi!
I am wondering if normal boats will go under bridges?
Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 12:06 AM
It depends on which height the bridge is, type of bridge does not matter. Are you making a world?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 9:12 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 30th Mar 2019 at 9:26 PM.
Well, I'm trying to remake Shang Simla into a quaint European type village and I want to create some canals with the existing water features. I feel that what is there to start with is just a moat but I'd rather it be connected to the outside "river". And I just wondered if I made a bridge of some sort - it has the Chinese style bridges already ( I find they look European ) - to connect the two areas. So like maybe sims could boat around the canals but would perhaps need to go under said bridge to reach the canal going around the city center.

A bridge might not be necessary - I might just make another canal junction? But I pictured sims boating about on a beautiful sunny day - I know, I'm weird...
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 10:43 PM
From my knowledge, gondolas from the store aren't actual boats. They are just a custom vehicle with custom tracks (canals), that can go through one lot only. They are very similar to the Boardwalk's roller coaster and to the tractor, both from the store. As for the normal boats from IP, sorry, I would like to help you, but I never tried to navigate with boats under bridges, so I don't know...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 11:02 PM
As said, I think as long as the bridge is high enough for clearance you are OK. I saw a post back when about someone testing to be sure a houseboat would go under one. The land and bridge had to be high enough for it to pass under. I would just do a few tests to check what you want to do.

I have a world I have been working on with several bridges and I think I have seen boats go under them, but am not 100% sure, but do not have my Sims 3 game where I am staying now to test.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 11:44 PM
Yes boats, even house boats will go under that chinese bridge. It just need to be high enough.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Do you have that Venice store pack? With the gondola?

I do not. Not sure a gondola would fit the style I'm going for. But thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 8:26 PM
Thank you very much for the help everyone! I appreciate your time!

I will just have to do a trial and error thing. I'm not even to that stage yet and after looking closer at Shang Simla I'm going to have alter the landscape a bit more than I anticipated.

Thanks again!