Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 3:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Roof problems
I'm trying to make some changes to a Maxis house in Belladonna Cove (I think the Cordial sisters lived there initially; it's very similar to the Pleasants' house). I wanted to make the upstairs bedrooms more usable, so I took off the roof and built up the walls to square off the rooms. Then I tried to put on a new roof - but the new roof only covers the new bit. The rest looks as if it has a flat roof, but that 'roof' cannot be removed with the Remove Roof tool. Maybe it's a ceiling? But shouldn't I be able to put a roof above a ceiling anyway?

Is there some really simple thing I've missed (I don't do a lot of building!), or do I need to raze the whole of the upper floor and start over with it?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 3:59 AM
The flat roof is probably floor tiles because they are for both floors and ceilings. Just delete them as you would floor tiles on the floor. You can still draw the roof over it, the only thing that doesn't work with ceiling is auto roof. Auto roof is unlikely to give you pleasing results though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 4:30 AM
Thanks, Jo. It's not floor tiles because I can't delete it or even click on it, but I've only ever used auto roof (I actually didn't know there was any other way!), so I'll see if I can figure out how to draw the roof and see if that works.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 2:16 PM
If it looks like a kind of wood texture apply a floor tile over it and then delete it.

Show us a picture and I will see if I can help with the roof. Roofing isn't easy but there are a few tricks that help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~