Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 8:55 PM
Help Me Please!! Censor Mosaic Disappeared And I Don't Know What Caused It!
Good afternoon.

I loaded up my "Sims III" game today for another fun session and was stunned to see that the Censor Mosaic that blurs off Sims was GONE, including on children and toddlers. That is unacceptable and I cannot play the game in a situation like this.

The thing is, I do not have an anti-censor Mod present, have never had such a thing, and don't plan on having such a thing, because I am a civilized man.

The only thing I can think of is that I used the CASP Editor Tool yesterday. Is there some way that could have botched the censorship?

I would appreciate any assistance you can render. I want to get back to my game as soon as I can.

Thank you.
-TURTLESHROOM

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 9:41 PM
No idea how to help, but if you think this is bad, you should see some of the mods around lol.
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 10:20 PM
If everything was fine before the CASP editor than I think that's what caused it. Do you have backup?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 10:32 PM
The CASP tool could've caused this by affecting the "nude" outfit. I think there's some sort of flag that tells the game whether the outfit qualifies as nudity or not, so it can blur.
But I'm being entirely too helpful for something this amusing.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chocoberrychoco
No idea how to help, but if you think this is bad, you should see some of the mods around lol.

I've played this game for now on five years. I've seen what they've done with the babies.

-------

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
If everything was fine before the CASP editor than I think that's what caused it. Do you have backup?

Yes. I am thinking the same way. Thankfully, the Easy CASP Editor doesn't edit actual Packages, it only creates an override under your PC's user name that changes what outfits show up where.

-------

Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 1:26 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 31st Dec 2019 at 2:23 AM.
I don't get why some people make such a big deal of it being "not decent" to play with mosaic turned off. If it's your choice to have it turned on, then fine. If young kids play the game - then sure. But there are lots of completely normal simmers who leave it off and that's fine too. It's a choice you make.

(I kind of understand why some people may want to use the BBQ, because there aren't a lot of other ways to get rid of unwanted sims at the baby or toddler stage, and it would make a rather disturbing but effective prop for a horror story - but personally I don't like the mod and don't use it. May have tried it out once just to see how it worked, but figured that was more than enough and was pretty sure I'd never use it again, perhaps getting a bit creeped out too, so I removed it. Perhaps if a similar concept came in a different wrapping, so to speak - it's quite disturbing to think about BBQ-ing babies, even if they are just pixels).

We are talking about a series of games where pixel people can get eaten by plants (and then be consumed by other pixel people), get swarmed (and eaten) by insects, can get sick and die from stomping on cockroaches or from getting bitten by rodents, can burn down the house because they looked away from the stove for a minute or two, can drown in the pool, starve, die from embarrassment or anger, and a multitude of other horrible ways to die or get tortured by the game AI or the player (depending on strategy), and is also relatively modding friendly, with a lot of various people playing and making CC, so after a while you kind of expect some questionable mods and CC. It's up to the individual player (and parental control, hopefully) to use which mods they are comfortable with. If it's very explicit content, it's often only available on sites with age control or limited access of some sort (though how well this system works is questionable).

The mosaic always bothered me, so I've kept it turned off ever since I figured out why. Sims more often than not get covered by mosaic even if they're fully dressed, and the mosaic covers up a lot of good animations (like potty-training toddlers - they're clothed, so why???), which is really annoying for various reasons. I would of course leave it on if kids were playing, but for now I rarely let anyone else play my game, so it's not a problem. I take a lot of photos of my sims for stories and whatnots, and not having the mosaic does help, but I do make sure to keep the sims as decent as possible on the photos. Besides, I'm long past 18, work as a nurse (which happens to be a very effective desensitizer), I've played the game for almost 14 years, so it's not like anything under the mosaic comes as a surprise.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 1:37 AM
I don't understand the mosaic either. It's a giant blurry square that doesn't even hide anything, since there's nothing there anyway, but it does make much of the Sim entirely blurry from many angles. I'd much rather accidentally see a Sim nipple once or twice than these ugly blurry squares. Worst case scenario, the game bugs out and I see everything the HD skins I use come with. I'm older than 16, so it certainly won't be anything I've never seen before. Though when it comes to the male Sims, a certain memorable quote from Ghostbusters does come to mind....

Same with the Plumbob. I don't get why people think they need it as a gameplay feature. I've never lost my Sims, I always know where they are without the giant glowing crystal. It just gets in the way!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 1:54 AM
It is entirely up to the player to choose how to play, but I got rid of the mosaic almost immediately. And I do have some more realistic skins and a male plumbing mod. These are pixels. I have dolls as a collector and redress them all the time so see them buck nekkid all the time. As for the toddlers, one of the cutest photos I have taken was one in a bubble bath. If the mosaic had been on I would not have been able to get that photo. I do not want to see a mosaic. And solely my opinion, nekkid Sims are like Barbie and Ken dolls and all other dolls. Kids play with them all time time. IMO seeing nekkid pixel dolls/Sims is fine for kids too.

But sorry, as this thread really was not meant to discuss the use of them............ but.... as the door was opened...
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 2:18 AM
^ Bathing babies and toddlers ingame is so adorable (particularly in TS2), but the mosaic (and TS3 blanket) ruins it all!

If I was playing purely with barbie skins, I'd probably be kinda fine with no mosaic for kids playing (depending on age and maturity level of that kid - they see a lot worse nowadays), but the skins I prefer are a little bit more detailed, though not overly so (usually details upstairs, barbie downstairs).

I played with barbies (even one pregnant with twins) and a somewhat anatomically correct baby doll when I was a kid, and nobody found that any disturbing (I had more creep-factor issues with a battery-powered doll that continued talking when the batteries were out... or so I thought, anyway). To me, Sims is a bit more like a dollhouse in computer game format. There is no mosaic in a dollhouse.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 4:18 AM
Personally I need the mosaic because the skins I use are anatomically correct with no option for barbie anatomy and I play while others are around (my parents.) So yeah...

But I do wish there was a mod that made the mosaic a bit smaller. TS4 has a mod like that so why not TS3? What's the difference on how mosaics work between the 2 games?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Affinity
Personally I need the mosaic because the skins I use are anatomically correct with no option for barbie anatomy and I play while others are around (my parents.) So yeah...

I am sure some folks could make far more clever remarks than me about your parents seeing nude pixels and so on.............. as you are here! I have a feeling they know about nudes already! LOL
Forum Resident
#13 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 8:00 AM
TS2 's mosaic was fairly small compared to TS3 and I never felt the need to get rid of it in my TS2 game, but 3's is absolutely hideous. It is huge and blocky and disgusting.
I removed it because its gross and looks horrible, and I'd still like to consider myself civilised, despite removing it. Besides, sims are just pixels, I can't imagine worrying about seeing naked pixels.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 8:36 AM
Let's arrest Barbie immediately!

Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 2:07 PM
I think she's off again making 1997's best novelty pop song.

Which, being a man who plays The Sims, is of course the only meaningful way in which I'm familiar with Barbie dolls. Come on Barbie let's go party, ooh ooh ah yeah....

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Affinity

*sees absolutely no point of using anatomically correct skins if you're going to hide them behind mosaic anyway*
There are tons of perfectly fine Barbie skins. Why not use those? Or perhaps Barbie-fying the skins you have. Shouldn't be the most difficult project in TS3, but requires a bit of texture tinkering.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
*sees absolutely no point of using anatomically correct skins if you're going to hide them behind mosaic anyway*
There are tons of perfectly fine Barbie skins. Why not use those? Or perhaps Barbie-fying the skins you have. Shouldn't be the most difficult project in TS3, but requires a bit of texture tinkering.

I think what Affinity was implying is that the skins they use have only an anatomically correct version, as in the creator doesn't provide a barbie version. I could see liking a particular skin's details but not being in a position to have pixel bits front and center.

As for me personally, with all of the strangeness that happens in reality alone, having a few nude pixels here and there hardly seems like the most awful thing in the world. I'd assume most people know what nudity looks like if you bathe regularly, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Honestly, not having them be AC seems more weird, since the entire basis of Sims is obviously representative of the human form.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 4:14 PM
I'm also not going to spend like an hour zoomed in on pink, stink and other fun types of Sim equipment to remove it, just so I never have to see it again from a much greater distance.
I'm not that fussy about the Great Sim Pee Pee Shortage, even if I do think it's slightly creepy that the ladies are fully normal mapped down there.

Besides, have you seen skin textures? That stuff was not meant to be seen unwrapped.

insert signature here
Scholar
#19 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 11:14 PM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Dec 2019 at 11:27 PM.
I agree that the TS3 censor blur is ugly and I usually use Nraas Decensor to get rid of it, except for when they sit on the toilet. I find it preferable to seeing them taking care of business without first dropping or lifting the appropriate garments.

Whilst we're on the subject: can anyone explain why certain female sims seem to prefer showering in a bra and panties? I thought at first it might be the 'never nude' trait, but few of my own sims ever have that one.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#20 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 11:48 PM
Probably the nude outfit bugging out. I've seen them shower in sweaters and jeans.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Whilst we're on the subject: can anyone explain why certain female sims seem to prefer showering in a bra and panties? I thought at first it might be the 'never nude' trait, but few of my own sims ever have that one.

Yeah, probably wrong nude outfit. With NRaas Master Controller you can change it so your Sims are really nude. It happened to me a few times too and unless that Sim had Never Nude trait, I always redressed them to nude outfit. Just change that Sim to the nude outfit and then choose Stylist option in Master Controller main menu. Then you can change their nude outfit as you wish.

Anyway, since it got started here, I personally got used to no censor mod back in Sims 1, where the pixelation did have some impact on game performance, even if that pixelated Sim was not on screen yet. So the decensor mod was necessity to play the game smoother. Now in Sims 3 that's not the case. The pixelation has no performance impact. But I got so used that my Sims are nude, that I only play with censor when my niece and nephew are playing with me, since I use some realistic skin mods I don't want them to see yet. If I played with Barbie skins, I wouldn't bother, since I feel that in 11 and 14 they are old enough to see Barbie skins.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am sure some folks could make far more clever remarks than me about your parents seeing nude pixels and so on.............. as you are here! I have a feeling they know about nudes already! LOL

I feel like they actually won't react that badly to naked sims, but they would most likely find it weird and ask questions and I don't feel like dealing with that.

Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
I think what Affinity was implying is that the skins they use have only an anatomically correct version, as in the creator doesn't provide a barbie version. I could see liking a particular skin's details but not being in a position to have pixel bits front and center.

Spot on!
Theorist
#23 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 4:44 PM
Yeah, I don't use a mosaic and usually play with someone walking around. My husband would not understand the need for naked Sims and call me a pervert. My son would run away averting his eyes. I don't care, it's my game. The skins I use vary but none are fully equipped if you get my meaning.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#24 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 5:02 PM
Considering sims are generally dressed except for while showering or taking a bath (unless on a University lot with streaking, or with any kind of mod that makes them run around naked more than the game usually lets them), it's not that often the mosaic is even needed.