Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 9:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Open For Business - Employees that just hate to work
Hi there,

I'm not sure how active the Sims 2 community is anymore but I thought I would join the forum anyway to see if I can find some solutions.

I'm currently building a fairly elaborate clubbing district but I've encountered a couple of issues regarding gameplay that may need mods to be corrected. Essentially I have created a district with numerous bars and clubs and I was hoping to be able to employ staff to work at these specific venues. I wanted the employees to work at the bar/club they have been assigned to but they tend to end up working in different bars or clubs. Additionally they tend to work for a short period of time and then decide to stop working and do whatever they want.

What I had hoped to create was an environment that works for sims visiting the community lot (I'm not too concerned about the gameplay for the community lot owner), so that when I decide to take a sim to the clubbing district, the employees remain on the bar they were assigned to and don't appear in different clubs/bars or stop working suddenly etc.

Usually if you are to create a community lot that isn't owned by a sim, bar tenders or cashiers automatically appear and stay in place. I essentially wanted the same thing but be able to pick who works in which venue, and also have some employees roam the lot freely if they aren't assigned to a specific job.

I wonder if there is a mod available that can help with this.

If you have any advice or suggestions then please feel free to send me a message.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 11:30 PM
The sims 2 community is very active.

There are numerous business mods that help with running a business but I'm a bit confused by your first issue. Your sim hired workers -I am guessing townies? Like Goopy? and you see them working on other lots? Maybe take a picture of these sims because that one is very strange. They should not do the second either.

Have you run the hack Conflict Detector to see if you have clashing mods?
Were you sure to assign the staff and save with the owner on the lot before leaving?

Perhaps you might like "Business Runs You" by Pescado.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The sims 2 community is very active.

There are numerous business mods that help with running a business but I'm a bit confused by your first issue. Your sim hired workers -I am guessing townies? Like Goopy? and you see them working on other lots? Maybe take a picture of these sims because that one is very strange. They should not do the second either.

Have you run the hack Conflict Detector to see if you have clashing mods?
Were you sure to assign the staff and save with the owner on the lot before leaving?

Perhaps you might like "Business Runs You" by Pescado.

So I'm using my own created sims and I've made a clubbing district, so in one lot there are several different clubs/bars. For example, I've assigned three employees to work in club A however if I then visit the lot with a different sim, those sims are not working in club A but instead club B, or, are not working at all. Essentially they seem to just pick which ever bar (bar as in object) they want, instead of the one I had assigned them too.

Yup, assigned the staff with what ever role and saved with the owner, then left the lot and then visited the lot with another sim to see how it works and they still end up working in a different place or not at all. It would be nice if they are somewhat fixed to their working station similar to default employees on normal community lots.

I found the "Business Runs You" mod but there doesn't seem to be any info on what the mod actually contains. Is there anymore info on the features or will I just have to see for myself?

Thank you for your response and glad to see the community is active! (And if it is better to explain with photographs then let me know!)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 12:35 AM
I've played this game for 15 years and play OFB heavily and I have never seen workers hired by one business show up on another. I would make a backup, pull all your CC and playtest because it sounds like a mod.

Not being assigned or say finding the cashier restocking can happen but not all the time.

I only use the BRU sign myself as I dislike employes running around but a lot of people like it and I am pretty sure it helps with assigning staff which is why I thought of it. I tend to use smaller stand-alone mods like 'no complaining' 'lower wages' things like that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 4:26 AM
I think the game is getting confused because you have multiple businesses on the same lot. If you have multiple bars, for example, you probably won't be able to control which bartender works at which bar unless you're playing the lot owner.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 4:53 AM
It's the same lot? I thought they were different lots.

I am really tired today I read again. Yeah, the game can't deal with multiple businesses on one lot, it regards it as one business. If a bartender is still tending bar that is as good as you can expect, not that they stay in one area versus another.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#7 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 10:06 AM
I wonder whether a mod could assign a worker to a specific object, even if there are others of that type on the lot?

Failing that, I don't see any way to force your employees to work at one section of the lot rather than another.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 12:28 PM
Yeah, if this is all on the same lot, they'll just run to whichever one they think needs attention right now. I had dreams of setting up Blue Water Micro Mall with themed staff, but when they all kept running to different cash registers, I had to give up and dressed them in generic retail outfits. If you do find a workaround, I'd be very interested in it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 9:17 PM
Sorry for the late reply, thanks for the responses!

@sushigal007 @RoxEllen1965
Yea, I figured this might be the case, since the different bars and clubs are all on the same lot, they obviously won't recognise them as being different places. It would be really nice to have the illusion of a district with multiple venues with specific staff working there but I suppose it won't be possible unless I can find a mod to alter this.

@joandsarah77 @aelfaed
I will give the mod you suggested a try, see if I can find anyway around it.

I'm determined to try and make this district function-able since it took so long to design the lot itself so I will update this discussion in a week or two if I find any solutions or if its unsuccessful.

Again thanks for the responses - glad that there is an active community for the Sims 2