Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 8:03 PM Last edited by sarathedancer : 3rd Apr 2020 at 2:32 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop Crashing/Not Opening
Now that we are living in the apocalypse, I am back at my parent's house playing the sims 2 on my old computer. I remembered I had an issue with bodyshop for some time, and when I attempted to run it - sure enough it won't open. It loads for a few seconds but continues to give the "Application has crashed, application will now terminate" error. I can't remember how long this has been happening, but I believe it did work on this computer at one point in time. I tried removing all my CC from the downloads folder but that didn't fix anything. I attempted deleting the cache files as well. I've seen a lot of other users with this issue but most of them have Sims 2 Double Deluxe - I do not. I have the original base game and every expansion and stuff pack. I'd rather not reinstall my entire game - anyone have another idea of how to solve this?

My Specs:
Windows 7
AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor 3.00GHz
8.00 GB RAM (7.75 GB Useable)
ATI Radeon HD 4200
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2020 at 8:33 PM
- If you have M&G, make sure you're using the Bodyshop EXE that comes with M&G - the others won't work properly.
- Did you delete all the cache files? There are up to 4 files (not just the ones named cache).
- Have you tried removing items from SavedSims? Sometimes if this folder gets too cluttered, it can cause Bodyshop to misbehave.
- Try the 4GB fix on the Bodyshop EXE. It helps a lot on Bodyshop.
- If you've had to do any GraphicRules or VideooCards edits to make your game work, these probably will need to be applied to Bodyshop, too (copy and overwrite those two edited files from Config to CSConfig).

Double Deluxe is a variant of the basegame with some extra EPs/SPs thrown in. If you have M&G it shouldn't matter too much which basegame variant you have, because you'll want fixes for M&G. It may matter if you have the Ultimate Collection (UC), though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
- If you have M&G, make sure you're using the Bodyshop EXE that comes with M&G - the others won't work properly.
- Did you delete all the cache files? There are up to 4 files (not just the ones named cache).
- Have you tried removing items from SavedSims? Sometimes if this folder gets too cluttered, it can cause Bodyshop to misbehave.
- Try the 4GB fix on the Bodyshop EXE. It helps a lot on Bodyshop.
- If you've had to do any GraphicRules or VideooCards edits to make your game work, these probably will need to be applied to Bodyshop, too (copy and overwrite those two edited files from Config to CSConfig).

Double Deluxe is a variant of the basegame with some extra EPs/SPs thrown in. If you have M&G it shouldn't matter too much which basegame variant you have, because you'll want fixes for M&G. It may matter if you have the Ultimate Collection (UC), though.

Ah! It was the SavedSims file, thank you so much for your help!