Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2020 at 12:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default help
When I play sims 2 I always get this error application has crashed please can anyone help me not to throw me out of the game and solve this problem
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th May 2020 at 3:26 PM
I can't really offer any help, but if you can give more info that will help those that probably can help you. Does it happen at certain times of day, on certain lots, after you've been playing awhile etc. More info is always helpful. Good luck !

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2020 at 4:25 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th May 2020 at 6:43 PM.
Telling us what you've already tried, such as the 4GB fix or Graphics Rules edits or similar, is also very helpful.

Other than that, these things are also useful to know for those who are going to help you:
- Game version (Single CDs, collection CDs, Ultimate Collection/UC, Mac SuperCollection, other - and in the case of not having everything, please let us know what you do/don't have since it could matter)
- Computer specs (graphic card(s), laptop/stationary, RAM, Windows/MAC version, CPU/speed, etc.)
- Be as specific as you can about when the problem happens (startup, in buy/build catalogs, randomly after playing for a while, when the game is creating weather like heavy snow or rain, or when doing other demanding tasks, etc.)
- Do you use CC? Do you have a lot of CC (close to or more than 10 GB - anything player-made is counted, defaults too)? Does the problem happen if you temporarily move out your CC?

If you don't add this info, that's usually the first thing we'll ask. We'll also list all the usual things you should try first, so it's always best to start with what you've already done, so it's easier to get those out of the way.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th May 2020 at 5:20 PM
Let's start with the basics. Have you cleared your cache? Have you tried removing all your cc and starting the game that way?

I will be of next to no help, okay, no help at all, after this point , as I have exhausted my available knowledge.

Oh, have you tried turning off your internet and virus protection?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 17th May 2020 at 7:33 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 2 - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.