Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 1:47 AM
Default WooHoo in Sims 2 - Am I missing something?
In Sims 3 and 4, WooHoo maxes out the fun and social meters, and in 4 it gives a positive (and sometimes negative) moodlet.
Having gone back to 2 recently I'm sort of bummed out to see that it barely raises fun at all. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to do something special for the WooHoo to be good? Or is it really only good for roleplay purposes in this installment?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CosmicEcho
Or is it really only good for roleplay purposes in this installment?

I mean, it does fulfill wants.

I know I've seen people say it's fun for sims, but I guess maybe my sims always already have their fun pretty high or completely maxed before they even get to that point (Red Hands and tickling are both pretty fun), so I've never noticed.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 2:01 AM
In Sims 2 the reward for woohooing is really just if you do it when your sim has rolled a want for it. Romance (primary or secondary) sims will roll the want randomly, and roll the "woohoo with x amount of sims" wants, but anyone can roll the want on a date with someone they like enough. It gives enough aspiration boost to put you to platinum, usually.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 2:12 AM
It does raise fun. It doesn't max out the bar, I don't think there's anything in the game that maxes out any needs immediately except for going on a honeymoon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 2:32 AM
Ì see.. Bit of a bummer, that it's only good when they roll a want. I feel like having it raise fun makes a lot of sense, unless it's a bad WooHoo of course.

Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
It does raise fun. It doesn't max out the bar, I don't think there's anything in the game that maxes out any needs immediately except for going on a honeymoon.

Fair point, but the amount of fun it gives is extremely minuscule. Playing red hands or watching tv for a couple of seconds is probably way better for fun and that's a lil sad. But I guess that's just how it is.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 2:38 AM
It's definitely more effective than a couple of seconds of TV. It's not more effective than red hands, but then again, I think literally nothing in the game is more effective than red hands, so that's kind of a high bar.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 3:00 AM
I definitely feel like TV is better for fun. By the time your sims both relax and (if you care to) cuddle and kiss, TV would've already restored more I feel. The relax animation takes a long time and doesn't restore any, and kissing only restores a little.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 3:01 AM
I don't know, TV hardly does anything for most of my sims.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 3:19 AM
I don't really have confirmation on this, but I found that certain types of sims like watching different channels.. Kids seem to enjoy KidzTube a lot, and I had a sim whose one true hobby was music and dance and they gained a lot of fun from the dance channel, and another one whose was sports and the same was true for them and the sports channel. But I haven't done much testing on this, all I know is the fun gain was pretty strong.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 3:28 AM
Oh sure, I suppose if you use just the right channel with just the right sim it could be better. But usually if I want them to watch TV it's to build cooking, or build a certain hobby. There are far easier ways to get fun.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 3:47 AM
Okay, but here's the thing.

You can control when woohoo wants roll, by understanding the want trees. One of the greatest overall longterm moodboosters in the game is a dream date ending in woohoo. I won't explain the strategy because you should have the fun of figuring out the mechanics for yourself, but I promise you - a committed couple with multiple toddlers in the house can sail serenely on the afterglow of a properly timed and orchestrated dream date. A Romance sim who dates regularly weathers all storms.

Just as in real life, woohoo is not an isolated occurrence, and if you treat it that way it will disappoint. Integrate it into your lifestyle and learn to make the most of it, and you and your sims will be happy little campers.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 4:18 AM
I think literally nothing in the game is more effective than red hands, so that's kind of a high bar.

According to Pescado, kicking stuff (gnomes, flamingos) is the fastest source of fun.

I prefer red hands because it raises social as well, and my neighbours/guests never steal my sim's hands
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 4:35 AM
It does raise fun, maybe as not as much as the other games, but sims 2 is designed to be a harder game.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 5:45 AM
I'm not sure kicking the flamingo is actually faster than red hands, but it's certainly not much less fast, and it's also more convenient because the flamingo just sits there waiting to be kicked, as opposed to sims who often want to satisfy their own needs and wants and aren't necessarily around to play red hands whenever you want them to be. Admittedly I haven't actually looked at the numbers, so maybe Pescado is right.
Inventor
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 6:39 AM
Well , on the plus side , at least they don't sometimes make retching noises or cry inconsolably like they did in Sims 1. ( I so want a mod that adds those "features" to Sims 2 now.)

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 11:30 AM
And here I thought that playing the piano raises the bar to max. Silly me!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Inventor
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
According to Pescado, kicking stuff (gnomes, flamingos) is the fastest source of fun.

I prefer red hands because it raises social as well, and my neighbours/guests never steal my sim's hands

Also watching posters/pictures raises fun quickly, tell sim to watch any picture like 3-4 times and they have full or nearly full bar of fun.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 2:19 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jun 2020 at 2:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CosmicEcho
In Sims 3 and 4, WooHoo maxes out the fun and social meters

In 4 pretty much anything you do maxes out the need it raises, including social, and pretty much removes the challenge. I've had sims go from being complete strangers to married in just a few sim hours, and barely had to work for it when I realized they hardly needed their social/romantic bars at half levels to get that far...

The needs in TS2 aren't designed to immediately fly up to full like for instance in TS4. They are more gradual, and sometimes you need to do more things to satisfy the needs than just one "quick-fix".

TS2 is designed to be a bit more difficult, but there's more stuff to do and more ways to have fun. My sims tend to have plenty fun (kissing, flirting, tickling, massage, etc. before woohoo tend to get them in the right mood and very happy). In some ways, TS2 is slightly more realistic, if you think about it . If you start them out with a bit of flirting they will roll wants for more flirting, kissing, then woohooing, so they actually seem to prefer it this way.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
My sims tend to have plenty fun (kissing, flirting, tickling, massage, etc. before woohoo tend to get them in the right mood and very happy).

tbh if your sims haven't played Red Hands as part of foreplay, they're doing it wrong
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 9:28 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jun 2020 at 9:46 PM.
You're missing the "etc."

Haven't tried "red hands", but they've definitely tried a lot of other things to keep their fun up. Lots of other fun things
I think the only motives going down while they're... well, you know -> is energy and hunger, and I tend to make sure they're well-fed, because when my simmies are having that kind of fun, soon it's + = [and it goes on and on]... And kids do tend to help with the fun, don't they?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
Well , on the plus side , at least they don't sometimes make retching noises or cry inconsolably like they did in Sims 1. ( I so want a mod that adds those "features" to Sims 2 now.)

They don't throw a tantrum when you get them out of bed early either.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 2:29 AM
I'm not sure kicking the flamingo is actually faster than red hands, but it's certainly not much less fast, and it's also more convenient because the flamingo just sits there waiting to be kicked, as opposed to sims who often want to satisfy their own needs and wants and aren't necessarily around to play red hands whenever you want them to be. Admittedly I haven't actually looked at the numbers, so maybe Pescado is right.

Pescado made an object specifically designed to be kicked - "Kick the Cheat". This will raise Fun faster than the flamingo because the Cheat doesn't fall down like the flamingo does. Your sim will never have to waste time standing it back up. This was designed to work with Pescado's Macrotastics mod but can be used without it.

kickthecheat.zip - should work with all versions of Sims 2
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/objects/
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 8:02 PM
Yeah, you guys are right, I guess I just expected woohoo to raise it a little more, maybe not to full but at first it felt like very little, but I don't feel that bad about it now. It's fun to use all sorts of different things to raise, well, fun. I guess some things like red hands are outliers in this game, honestly I tended to avoid it even before this thread because it just seemed odd that it raises fun THAT much.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 8:50 PM
i could have sworn having your first woohoo with someone raises fun significantly. i have vivid memories of this occurring when playing back in 2010. and then woohooing after this didnt effect fun as much. same with social and amazingly, sleep.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.