Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Skin collection #2 - non-defaults

by Enayla Posted 18th Feb 2006 at 1:59 PM - Updated 19th Feb 2006 at 1:11 AM by Enayla

141 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 137 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 8:20 AM
They are gorgeous~! Thanks~!!

My Free Sims2 Site:
www.sims2bnp.com
Instructor
#27 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 9:03 AM
Thanks a lot! I've been waiting for them because they're wonderful! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D

If YoU cAn'T gEt WhAt YoU lIkE, wHy NoT TrY tO lIkE wHaT yOu GeT??
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 9:10 AM
fantastic work! Thanks a lot for sharing them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meremale
You skin tones are extremely beautiful and I absolutely respect your decision not to make fully anatomically correct skins. However as you do make the breasts complete and many of us are using Warlokk's hi resolution female top meshes I have a painful decision. Which one to use.
Is it possible for you to rework your most popular skin tones to be compatible with his mesh? I do not believe the quality of your work will suffer as Warlokk uses the default mesh positioning for correct effect.
Thank you and I will likewise respect your decision on this.

Hey there. I'm afraid I really like the size of the Maxis' breasts: in my opinion, not too big and not too small. I won't be adapting any of my skins to any other meshes. It makes no sense since I don't use them myself, and won't be using them in the future. Maybe the Maxis mesh is undetailed in the chest area but I can't honestly say I could care less about that - I added the nipples only because I was asked to frequently, and I'm almost regretful that I did, as it led to inquiries for a nude, realistic skin, and then later for adaptions to all kinds of different meshes. I prefer making a LOT of different skins for variety in skin colour, than to try to find meshes I like and do a few adaptations to a lot of different meshes instead.

What I like the most about the Maxis mesh is the fact that I can use any clothes I like with it. I've yet to see any other mesh with that kind of variety. If I still play Sims2 in half a year from now (perhaps doubtful), maybe there will be a mesh around that I'll respect, and that has the same clothing variety as the Maxis ones - perhaps I'll move on to that then.

In the end, what it comes down to is time. This is a hobby, and I have a very time consuming job - I do skins for me and my friends because I find it relaxing and fun on the side. I have to pick what I want to do the most on what hours I have to spare, and I doubt it will be skins for something I won't even be using I'm really sorry.

And, thank you everyone
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 11:53 AM
Snifff... Humphh... My computer say me your files are broken!! :sad:
Test Subject
#31 Old 19th Feb 2006 at 1:46 PM
They're gorgeous, thanks!! And thanks for making them non-default. =)
Field Researcher
#32 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 6:09 AM
Your skins are always awesome!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! Thank you!!! :D
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 9:10 AM
Now just one file seems to be broken, that's my favorite : EarlySpring... You're skins are awesome, I've already have all your "normal" skin beacause I don't really like to have sims who isn't like a real persone. But your horror skins or black skin are really cool, you do a amazing job!!! Thanks a lot
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 11:10 AM
Oddly enough I do not like the enlarged breasts either. I was not asking you to resize your skins but to place the nipple where Maxis intended it to be (if they had had the nerve to display it). After all the blur still exists (for junior players) although it is rated M (mature). I respect your decision but please consider for future projects so that the many users of Warlokk's meshes (smaller sizes as well) can use your marvellous skin tones
Thank you for your time
Regards MM
Instructor
#35 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 6:48 PM
These skins are really beautiful. Congrats on them, Enayla.

But, like several people around here pointed out, there might be something wrong with the downloads. I could only download the "Early spring" skin. The others stopped at diffrent times, no matter how many times I tried to redownload them. I don't know whether this is because of the download links or because of the fact that the site is very crowded, but it makes me really sad because, as I have mentioned before, they are really woth having in the game...
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 7:57 PM
You are lucky, because I can't download it, and it's my favorite!
Scholar
#37 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 8:37 PM
Thank you so much for making them non-default for that I worship you :bow:
Test Subject
#38 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 1:19 AM
:bag:
I, too, respect your decision not to make skins that are 'correct'. If folks want skins that are correct then there are many available.
Your skins are trully a work of art and I thank you for sharing your gift with us.
One note, however, when you capitalize words you are shouting over the internet. After the umteenith request to do something you have alread said you would not do, I can understand the frustation.
One can only wonder what would have happened in the Sistine Chappel(mispelled, I think) had the good Fathers critized Michaelangelo on aspects of the paintings. (The truth is, they probably did.).
The bottom line?
Simple. Thank you, again, for sharing your gift with us.

The three greatest gifts in life are: The gift of Love; The gift of Life: The gift of Laughter!
Test Subject
#39 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 2:06 PM
Aw no.. So beautiful, but i can't download them.. Non of them.
Can anyone tell me what i can do?
My WinRAR says that's these files are broken?
I read more post's with this information, but no one does anything about it..
Pleae, can someone do something about this?

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 11:15 PM
These are beautiful, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mloentje
Aw no.. So beautiful, but i can't download them.. Non of them.
Can anyone tell me what i can do?
My WinRAR says that's these files are broken?
I read more post's with this information, but no one does anything about it..
Pleae, can someone do something about this?

Thanks!

Mloentje, just use winzip. Mine DL'd no problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 12:34 PM
I just tested all the downloads and they're working fine for me. Try to download again and unzip with WinZIP - there shouldn't be a problem.
Test Subject
#43 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 1:45 AM
Hiya! I think all of your skins are awesome. Keep on making the skins! And bring the eyes soon too.

Chyah!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 2:13 AM
Amazing XD

All I ever use is your skins now :D

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” -- Oscar Wilde
Find me on: Facebook Xbox Live: Aceofblue
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 12:37 AM
I'm obsessed already! I feel like...singing in the rain! I looooooooooooooooove you!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 5:25 AM
It's brilliant, My PC is going slow as they are all downloading but I don't care... I can't wait to use em!

Yay I'm back~!
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 7:20 AM
I downloaded the defaults not realizing they were replacements (silly me!) and while they are beautiful, they don't look so good on all of my Sims ^.^;; Thank you so much for making these non-default, I love your skins and I will be awaiting to see what you come up with next : )
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 6:16 PM
I can't use Winzip, because my pc only had winrar, and when i "désinstalle" (sorry i'm french and i don't know the good word to say that) they isn't winzip! strange...
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 6:20 PM
Sorry but I had an idea!!!! Can you upload a sims with this skin?! Me and other cannot have it, will.
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 12:17 AM
Wow! Thank you so much!
Page 2 of 6