Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#476 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 1:46 AM
Thank you , after looking at the correct method, I think will just delete the neighborhood and start over. Hopefully I will do it right this time.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#477 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 5:16 PM
Hey everyone.
haven't checked in for a bit because my Belladonna Cove mega-hood is still running fine. Thanks again Mootilda!!!!
But I'm getting ready to start something new and a little nuts, and I may be completely out of my mind for even attempting this... but I'm gonna start moving around all the tombstones, and I figured I'd share it here and get your opinions... or laughter... hehehe.

I'm using all of Tarlia's great mega-hood templates, with Belladonna Cove as my main hood... so I have access to all the Belladonna Cove family tombstones in Gamesend grounds.... 35 total. Now counting all the other family graves I can find thru-out the sub-neighborhoods I come up with 81 total graves & ghosts. There may still be more, bit I think I've located most all of them now.

So before anything... yes I backed up my neighborhood... lol.. then I started experimenting and playing around a bit. So far, as long as I only move a grave, and don't delete it, I've had no problems moving family graves from the sub-neighborhoods into Gamesend Grounds in the main hood. All the relocated ghosts showed back up fine, and the game still seems stable.

My original intention was to just make one huge cemetary... but then when I sent my main character, a half-alien witch named Moonkricket to go visit Gamesend Grounds... hehehe... I noticed the gravestones have the option of "Move ALL back home".... or something to that effect. And I thought... wow... 81 ghosts in my backyard... that's NUTS!!!
I could make it a home business and call it a "Dead & Breakfast"... hehehe

Then I thought... why not???? And this is my insane idea... a 5x5 massive lot... part cemetary with outside graves and also a mausaleum and crypt of some sorts... more than anything to fit all of the graves into the lot.... and also my babe's house, and some sort of ground floor restaurant.... The Moonkricket Dead & Breakfast!!!

I'm actually not so worried about the mass amount of ghosts killing off my sims... one thing about ghosts is apparently they can't cross over water... I need to double check this, but if it's true, then I should be able use decorative moats and bridges and such to keep them isolated to certain sections of the lot and not all mass haunt my babe's house all at once.
The big question is whether my computer and the game can handle 81 ghosts on one lot without crashing.. I honestly don't know yet.

So this is my insane idea... I'm gonna spend the next few days seeing if it works... if not, no big deal, I'll just load the backup and try something different... if so, this is gonna be one strange home business!!!!

JJ
Field Researcher
#478 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 7:33 PM
The game generates a maximum of 3 ghosts at one time so you don' t have to worry about being overwhelmed. Having more tombstones just means a greater chance of getting the full complement of 3 ghosts each night.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Theorist
#479 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I think you should be able to retrieve that one. You'll need someone that knows the original lost sim and the batbox. I think. Anyway, the option to recreate their tombstone will be on the batbox. You might have to summon the dead sim to the lot (Inge's cat) but I've forgotten exactly how to do it. You can find the instructions at MATY.

I lost four tombstones that way, the sim carrying them died, and their character files got shredded . So I think this method doesn't really fix anything, unfortunately. Tombstones back or not, the effect of having deleted those sims incorrectly has already been done.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#480 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
I lost four tombstones that way, the sim carrying them died, and their character files got shredded . So I think this method doesn't really fix anything, unfortunately. Tombstones back or not, the effect of having deleted those sims incorrectly has already been done.

Oh, if that's the case, you won't get the tombstones back. Sometimes, if they disappear, you can but if the game shreds them, it's basically deleting them, as you say and there's no comeback from that. No matter what Pescado says about it, I don't put tombstones in inventories. I move them with the move option. With that, if they disappear en route you can usually retrieve them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#481 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:22 PM
Default Crumplebottom :s
I've known for a few days that there may be an issue in my BACC neighbourhood, as I started to see speech bubbles with squiggly lines instead of an icon. Today, however, I saw something that scared me even more. Mrs. Crumplebottom appeared on one of my residential lots, just hanging around. (I have NEVER touched her in any way, knowing that it can corrupt my entire game.)

As I was watching (hoping she would leave), a ghost on the lot scared her. I clicked on her and am able to interact with her (though I didn't). Does this mean that my game is completely corrupted? I honestly don't know what I could have done for this to happen. I installed this neighbourhood with empty templates, never touched any of the characters with incomplete data, etc.

Do I need to reinstall? Can I put in backups of the neighbourhoods I have, or will those also be messed up?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#482 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rachelwielinga
I've known for a few days that there may be an issue in my BACC neighbourhood, as I started to see speech bubbles with squiggly lines instead of an icon. Today, however, I saw something that scared me even more. Mrs. Crumplebottom appeared on one of my residential lots, just hanging around. (I have NEVER touched her in any way, knowing that it can corrupt my entire game.)

As I was watching (hoping she would leave), a ghost on the lot scared her. I clicked on her and am able to interact with her (though I didn't). Does this mean that my game is completely corrupted? I honestly don't know what I could have done for this to happen. I installed this neighbourhood with empty templates, never touched any of the characters with incomplete data, etc.

Do I need to reinstall? Can I put in backups of the neighbourhoods I have, or will those also be messed up?

Wait, did she appear in a Downtown residential lot?

And may I ask: what picture-taking program are you using that allows the pie menu to appear in the shot?
Test Subject
#483 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Wait, did she appear in a Downtown residential lot?

And may I ask: what picture-taking program are you using that allows the pie menu to appear in the shot?

Main neighbourhood. I don't have a downtown yet. And I just used the printscreen function on the keyboard to include the pie menu.
Site Helper
#484 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rachelwielinga
Does this mean that my game is completely corrupted? I honestly don't know what I could have done for this to happen. I installed this neighbourhood with empty templates, never touched any of the characters with incomplete data, etc.

Yes, your game is likely corrupted. What's worse, your installation files may be corrupted.

Your neighborhood may be able to be fixed by restoring from your backup, depending upon when the backup was made (before or after the corruption occurred). However, you should fix your installation files first, since corrupt installation files will just re-corrupt your neighborhood.

First, you'll want to check the dates on each of the objects.package files under C:\Program Files\EA Games (or wherever you installed your games). If the files have been modified since you installed and patched your games, then you have a corrupt installation. The objects.package files are under each EP or SP installation folder, in the TSData\Res\Objects subfolder.

Let us know exactly which files were modified (EP or SP), if any, and we'll explain how to restore your installation.
Test Subject
#485 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
First, you'll want to check the dates on each of the objects.package files under C:\Program Files\EA Games (or wherever you installed your games). If the files have been modified since you installed and patched your games, then you have a corrupt installation. The objects.package files are under each EP or SP installation folder, in the TSData\Res\Objects subfolder.

I checked all of the dates, and none of them have been changed. This is good, right?
Site Helper
#486 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:43 AM
Yes, that's very good. Since your installation files seem to be OK, I would suggest that you restore your save game from backup and see whether your problems are gone.
Test Subject
#487 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Yes, that's very good. Since your installation files seem to be OK, I would suggest that you restore your save game from backup and see whether your problems are gone.

Okay, thank you very much for your help. I will do that.
Instructor
#488 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 6:47 PM Last edited by fruitsymphony : 27th Apr 2012 at 2:58 AM.
In my game I thought it would be a fun experiment to set some households' funds at minus, so did this in SimPE anyways the next time I started the game it was "Borked" (is that the word) some sims were totally bankrupt and owing Billions of dollars simoleons, while others vere "insanely rich." However The households could not load so I have edited their household funds back to normal, in SimPE, however this did not help. Households would now load but sims were all adult, , they were now all the same personality. They looked normal except that minor sims were walking around at some distance above the ground.

It could also be because I have uninstalled University. Now probably I must find the backup folder, and also again install University.
Site Helper
#489 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 9:39 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th Apr 2012 at 9:51 PM.
This is why it's always a good idea to backup your save game before you start making changes using SimPE. This is especially true when running "experiments".
Lab Assistant
#490 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 10:56 PM
Query: Sometimes my Sims get wants to the effect of "buy -unwantable object-" or something along those lines, and the want icon is just a simolean sign with no buy mode category siymbol. Is this corruption?

Also, Novel's names show up as a long line of gibberish instead of the actual name.
Field Researcher
#491 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur
Query: Sometimes my Sims get wants to the effect of "buy -unwantable object-" or something along those lines, and the want icon is just a simolean sign with no buy mode category siymbol. Is this corruption?

Also, Novel's names show up as a long line of gibberish instead of the actual name.

The novel thing happened to me too. Do you have Monique's Hacked ATM and Apartment Life installed?
Site Helper
#492 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur

Does this occur if you remove all of your CC?
Theorist
#493 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 1:54 PM
If I acdientally gave a death token to a sim and she died, what can I do now? I don't really mind her dying, but I need her tombstone.
Mad Poster
#494 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 1:58 PM
I was wondering: Is it safe to (completely) delete npcs such as the drivers? You can't interact with them. If so, how?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#495 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
I was wondering: Is it safe to (completely) delete npcs such as the drivers? You can't interact with them. If so, how?

I shouldn't bother - the game will just make new ones the next time you call a taxi or the school bus comes. Why do you want to delete them? And, no, just like any other sim, it's not safe to delete them (if you mean will it corrupt my hood? The answer is Yes, yes, it will. So don't.).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#496 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I shouldn't bother - the game will just make new ones the next time you call a taxi or the school bus comes. Why do you want to delete them? And, no, just like any other sim, it's not safe to delete them (if you mean will it corrupt my hood? The answer is Yes, yes, it will. So don't.).

I was thinking of getting back antiredundancy into my DL folder, anyway, thanks for warning me!
Site Helper
#497 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 3:58 PM
None of the existing mods will completely eliminate NPCs that are necessary. The game expects to be able to find a driver and will create one if there isn't one available. There are mods which will reduce the number of NPCs, but you just can't eliminate them without modifying every BHAV which needs them.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#498 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 4:16 PM
If you want to change how your NPCs look, one option is to clone over them with SimPE. And, if you have a medieval hood or something, have a look around for default replacements for the NPC clothes.

Lab Assistant
#499 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 5:51 PM
This thread has been incredibly helpful!
One question though ... is it safe to move tombstones/urns to that graveyard in Nightlife (downtown)? Or is it better just to keep the tombstones/urns on the lot they were intended to be on.
Space Pony
#500 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 10:10 PM
As far as deleting Sims goes...I obtained a SimPE add-on somewhere, I'm pretty sure it's Theo's Sim Deleter, and it seems to automatically remove all memory of them from other Sims' files, going by the fact that their names become grey and italicized like when you change something and haven't saved it yet. Does that mean it's a safe way to do it? Or are there other steps I should be taking as well?
Page 20 of 22