Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#376 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
I'm thinking about it. One of the ones I have lined up I just really don't like. I think I'll toss it out and go with a bin house.

The would be good, but I would like to tell us where to place the lot in Pleasantview. I would like to keep the houses and place the families in afterwards.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#377 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
MimiSim I've finally uploaded my Jones house to my journal. http://www.modthesims.info/journal....wjournal&j=1221 Sorry for being so slow.

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Visit my simblr for sims 4 mods and more &
My simstagram =(^_^)=
Lab Assistant
#378 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 6:54 PM
Thanks karen lorraine and Phaenoh! Sorry for asking for that again I didn't know you mentioned it before. I try to keep track of all posts but I might have missed that one
Test Subject
#379 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 10:09 PM
Here's my entry for the Gardener family

Lab Assistant
#380 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 12:19 AM Last edited by sharill63 : 20th Oct 2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Corrected attachements for size
Jones, Family of one!

Thanks for your patience and indulgence!
Lab Assistant
#381 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 12:31 AM
...hhhmmm I think I'll have to reposition the stairs by one tile. I had reversed them and after clarification, I put them back. It that is ok, with the powers that be???
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#382 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 12:44 AM
You're not allowed to do that. They will probably take off points if you do.

Your pictures are really tiny, did you use full size shots?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#383 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 12:56 AM
You're not allowed to do that. They will probably take off points if you do.

Your pictures are really tiny, did you use full size shots?

Yeah, they are small, joandsarah77! I tried using the tab key trick to try to get better quality pics they ended as shown. I think that I'll just have to practice some more with both pic options and use the one that works best for me! I thought probably not, but I can still hope! *next on my list is learning the spoiler trick...going to read up on that now...
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#384 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 1:07 AM
Your images have a bunch of white space around them as well. You really should edit that out at least because its not helpful to the image and its making the page really long unnecessarily.
Lab Assistant
#385 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Your images have a bunch of white space around them as well. You really should edit that out at least because its not helpful to the image and its making the page really long unnecessarily.

I'm working on it. Thanks for taking time to provide feedback on my entry post, Phaenoh! Hopefully, the edit will solve all that!
Lab Assistant
#386 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 1:34 AM
Curious question...Is there a thread that address what the abbreviations mean? Examples: WCIF and OTT.

Thanks in advance!
Site Helper
#387 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 1:40 AM
Try google.
Lab Assistant
#388 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sharill63
Curious question...Is there a thread that address what the abbreviations mean? Examples: WCIF and OTT.

Thanks in advance!

It took me a while to figure this out, so here it is:

WCIF = Where Can I Find?

OTT = Over the top (At least I think that's what it means )
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#389 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 2:56 AM
sharill63, your wanting to move them because they are still off one square from where they were originally right? By all means go ahead so you don't lose points And Phae is right, you really need bigger pics. You are likely to lose points if we can't really see the house to judge it.
Lab Assistant
#390 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
sharill63, your wanting to move them because they are still off one square from where they were originally right? By all means go ahead so you don't lose points And Phae is right, you really need bigger pics. You are likely to lose points if we can't really see the house to judge it.

Oh, thank you jones! That is exactly what I wanted to do and I'm glad for the clarification. I have already taken the pics off and will re-add them to the original post as soon as I can...definitely before this round is over!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#391 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 3:20 AM
Sorry sharill, I thought you wanted to move them one square off where they should be.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#392 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 3:31 AM
My entry, for Mr. Jones.

The three required pictures:

Steve wanted somewhere relaxing, so he gave a feng shui consultant several large bucketfuls of money and said "Go for it."

In fact, Steve let somebody else decorate and arrange the whole house, except for the one room where he indulges in his favorite, if unconventional, hobby.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
#393 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 3:41 AM
@Phaenoh:

I love your ode to Steve! Is that a Maxis wallpaper in the office? Whether it is or not, I have it and have never liked it, but seeing it in there has completely changed my mind. You make it look slick and chic, which I didn't think was possible.

WCIF: The silvery room divider thingymajob? (crosses fingers it didn't come from a stuff pack).

Are those ceiling tiles Apartment Life specific, or are they recolors of one of the downloadable types?

I'm still trying to figure out how I might use my downloaded ceiling tiles but still get unblocked top-down shots. We're allowed to drop a sim into the lot to take pictures, right? I know my downloaded ceiling tiles came with some controller to flip them and stuff, but I think I can only use it in live-mode (still learning). I so totally want ceiling tiles next round!

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Theorist
#394 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 3:43 AM Last edited by esmeiolanthe : 19th Oct 2012 at 3:44 AM. Reason: It's late. I forgot.
GlorianaGlowbee, I also have those downloaded ceiling tiles. What I do is I get everything right except for the tiles, take my top-down shots, add the tiles, and then take the rest of the pictures. Slightly tedious, but it works.

EDIT: You're right, the controller only works in live mode -- but you can get the shots without it.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#395 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 3:54 AM
Gloriana, by all means you can put a sim in there

joandsarah don't feel bad, I just examined the pics closely to see if they were in the right position
#396 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
GlorianaGlowbee, I also have those downloaded ceiling tiles. What I do is I get everything right except for the tiles, take my top-down shots, add the tiles, and then take the rest of the pictures. Slightly tedious, but it works.

EDIT: You're right, the controller only works in live mode -- but you can get the shots without it.

That's perfect. I didn't particularly want to drop a sim down on the lot (though I still might since I think the lighting might look hella better in live mode).

Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
In fact, Steve let somebody else decorate and arrange the whole house, except for the one room where he indulges in his favorite, if unconventional, hobby.

Designing women's clothing. (Because there are too many windows for him to be a serial killer, that's why.)

So much love for this. I like clothing designer Steve! (I love the rock path as well.)

I don't know why, but I imagined Steve being gay. By the time I finished the house, I had a whole idea in my head that he was in love with a fella named Bill from the office, but wasn't sure if he was ready to cohabitate and lose his beloved solitude.

I'll probably get all sorts of ideas about the other families, but I'm pretty sure Steve will remain my sentimental favorite, haha.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#397 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
Is that a Maxis wallpaper in the office? Whether it is or not, I have it and have never liked it, but seeing it in there has completely changed my mind. You make it look slick and chic, which I didn't think was possible. WCIF: The silvery room divider thingymajob? (crosses fingers it didn't come from a stuff pack). Are those ceiling tiles Apartment Life specific, or are they recolors of one of the downloadable types?
Yes, that's a Maxis wallpaper. I love it but it rarely works with anything, so I'm glad I got it working here. The silvery room thing in my living room is, according to my notes, XM Sims Screen. Also likely part of another wcif request from here that lead me there. The ceiling tiles are from AL, and Steve has been living in the house since I started, so I didn't have any trouble with that.
Lab Assistant
#398 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 5:15 AM
Sorry sharill, I thought you wanted to move them one square off where they should be.

Tis okay, joandsarah! No worries from me!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#399 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 5:21 AM
That's good sharilla.

Lol, so many differing views on Steve. I pictured him firstly as a bit of a player but then thought not with a single bed, so my view changed to a guy always wearing a suit who brings home work from the office-which is why I gave him a printer. The kind of guy married to his computer and work whose idea of unwinding is with a drink and some old time music on his stereo. He probably thinks his bedspread and bathroom are a bit too trendy, but that's what you get when you don't decorate it yourself. :P

~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#400 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 1:09 PM
Last day of round one! Still need a few entries. I know you are working on your pics, sharill63. But haven't heard from Lauratje86, kayls42 and Hencing.

Page 16 of 45