Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#176 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 12:47 PM
A new pet peeve of mine: whoever keeps knocking over my sims' garbage cans. I'm no outdoorsy person and there really isn't much for my sims to do outside in the area where I can see the garbage can until somebody (usually Ripp Grunt; not pointing any fingers) goes out there to squish cockroaches and gets the flu, and THEN I need to keep them in quarantine because I'll likely forget the next day, load up a related household, have another birthday party for yet another kid and invite all the cousins, grammas, cousins' grammas, etc. and BAM the plague spreads like wildfire all because of a doofus who just thought "oh hey a garbage can! I wanna knock it over!"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Start over with clean or no templates at all. My game spawned a very cute male clerk.

i did do that, and wound up with ... one male clerk. Period. He was cute, but every other clerk spawned was a female!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#178 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
A new pet peeve of mine: whoever keeps knocking over my sims' garbage cans.

Simply fence it in on three sides.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
A new pet peeve of mine: whoever keeps knocking over my sims' garbage cans. I'm no outdoorsy person and there really isn't much for my sims to do outside in the area where I can see the garbage can until somebody (usually Ripp Grunt; not pointing any fingers) goes out there to squish cockroaches and gets the flu, and THEN I need to keep them in quarantine because I'll likely forget the next day, load up a related household, have another birthday party for yet another kid and invite all the cousins, grammas, cousins' grammas, etc. and BAM the plague spreads like wildfire all because of a doofus who just thought "oh hey a garbage can! I wanna knock it over!"

I try to notice who is doing it, make him or her selectable, and clean it up him or herself. That Sim will usually hang around and get to know the family which often stops him or her from doing it again.
Mad Poster
#180 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You just need to visit community lots with your sims. You probably have them banned through a mod.

MTS2_NDR_AL_NoNPCWitches.package
So yeah, this is why (duh!) Ahhh..those banned things you forget, because..you banned them.

And yes! I often make a little shed just for the garbage bin, with a door that is locked for all except household. The maid is still allowed to open it.
Or as Jo said, just fence it..depending on how pretty you think it is, or depending on your layout.
I also observe this, as telemwill said, if your sim starts talking to the trashcankicker...it stops. Like if now that they actually know who lives on that lot, they'll look silly. lol
Of course, if your sim has been naughty or mean to a sim..he might just come back and kick some more!
I have noticed also, that sims with a very low mood or aspiration, paired with low nice points personality..will also show up.
One came a few times to kick my sim's trash can. he came back for their newspaper, too and i caught him! :

It runs in the family, as his child son also came and stole a newspaper on some other lot!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#181 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 5:10 PM
The trash can kicking annoys the hell out of me. Fencing it in doesn't seem to work either. I wish there was a mod for it. I wouldn't mind it if the sim is furious, but when they are just mean, in a large hood there is always SOMEONE mean.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#182 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
The trash can kicking annoys the hell out of me. Fencing it in doesn't seem to work either. I wish there was a mod for it. I wouldn't mind it if the sim is furious, but when they are just mean, in a large hood there is always SOMEONE mean.
I use the no kick trash can mod from simlogical. Nobody kicks the trash can now.
Mad Poster
#183 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq

Cyjon does have a mod for it here: http://www.cyjon.net/node/308 There is two versions of the mod, one that stops it completely, and one that only allows it if the Sim is furious or an enemy. I use the one that stops it completely.
Mad Poster
#184 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 8:10 PM
Perfect! Thank you. Why did I never look for a mod like that before?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#185 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 8:17 PM
Another fun thing for trash kickers is to put a sentry bot near the front and it will zap them good. I find that rather amusing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#186 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 10:03 PM
Agreed about the trash kicking. Festering pile of garbage -> roaches -> flu -> No Fun.

Me, I treat any contagious disease as if it were Ebola - quarantine. I seal the victim in with only the bare essentials until they recover, unless I have a housewife / servant type character who can make the comfort soup (and not burn it, because burning food is a nuisance in itself) to get rid of the disease. Most of my Sims with actual lives and personalities don't bother with gruntwork.

I posted something like this. The official forums "PLUM" (ain't they cute! ain't they funny! My response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSyVIbLh4QU ) censor out "Ebola". Is it because it's too threatening?

Even worse is when a disease kills. Little Chillgood died of the flu because everyone else was sick and struggling to keep themselves alive? Sorry, Two-Door Galore, you are going to give up your dream of becoming the President to pursue the paranormal and resurrect him! What good will you be as President when I'm - sorry, Little Chillgood - is still dead? If you hurry, the legacy heir (Crisponix Adequate)'s Uncle Chillgood will now be "Cousin" Chillgood. And now Crisponix will be the spare because Chillgood can continue the legacy with the rightful heir Llamark!

Also: Nanny wastes time baking mega-calorie cakes when my kid-Sims aren't even hungry? I just throw the food in the trash! That'll teach you to make my kids fat!

The ends justify the means. Do my Sims prevail in the end? You bet! No more Sims trapped in unfulfilling lower-class lives when they could have had so much more!

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Instructor
#187 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 10:32 PM
If you dislike the flu, you can use the boolprop cheat and spawn the sickness tester (or however else that big yellow box is called that's spawned) and as long as the sim isn't sick at the time, you can make them immune! Do it with everyone and no more flu!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#188 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 11:26 PM
The sim manipulator can also fix illness.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#189 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 12:59 AM
Orange juice too, if you have an orange tree, a juicer and of course Seasons EP.. But yeah...you can cheat too.

Undead Molten Llama
#190 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 2:09 AM
I must be weird. I like sickness so much that I have Real Sickness. Die, my pretties, die!

No, really, it's more like I like random population control. When my neighborhoods get really big, it's appreciated when Sims die younger and randomly. So much so that I "seed" illness at random times with the sickness tester and then declare a plague. It kills random Sims pretty quickly and efficiently, which I like better than having to pick who dies.

Beyond that...Well, pretty much any annoying thing in the game, someone has modded out or modded to work properly at this point. (Don't like the weather reactions? Mod them out. Don't like the useless nanny? Download the smarter nanny. Don't like toddlers playing in toilets? Download the fix so that that code actually works as intended. Etc., etc., etc.) To me, the most annoying thing is routing issues. I like to play small houses, and small houses are where routing issues are far more prominent. I'm perfectly willing to use move_objects when needed, but it'd be nice if I didn't have to.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#191 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 3:12 AM
The main trashcan kickers in my neighbourhood are the dogs. Just had a bath? Damn, I need to get dirty again. Let's roll in the trash (which is sooo like RL). XD At least the cats can take care of the roaches.
Mad Poster
#192 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 4:46 AM
I have the cats hunt roaches mod too..but I have yet to see them in action!
Can't wait. lol

Forum Resident
#193 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 3:42 PM
1) It bugs me that if you click on a sim to interact with another sim, the first sim will stay put until the second sim stops doing whatever. I wish the first sim would go to the second, then wait to engage. So annoying. Sure, I can click Go Here, then the desired action, but blah!

2) I wish pizza and grocery delivery NPCs would drop their delivery right away and leave! They futz around way too long before finally dropping their delivery. No, game, I don't want my playable(s) meeting that NPC; my user-directed actions are planned accordingly, okay?
Scholar
Original Poster
#194 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Everyone
"There's a mod for that"

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#195 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
2) I wish pizza and grocery delivery NPCs would drop their delivery right away and leave! They futz around way too long before finally dropping their delivery. No, game, I don't want my playable(s) meeting that NPC; my user-directed actions are planned accordingly, okay?

In my game, they leave so soon, that I barely have time to tip them..
And since i cannot interact with them until a certain point in game, once there are interaction on the NPC..they leave. I hate this.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#196 Old 5th Dec 2014 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I have the cats hunt roaches mod too..but I have yet to see them in action!
Can't wait. lol

Same here! I tend to notice everything, and something like a pile of trash normally gets picked up and composted pronto. I must leave it in houses with a cat or I shall never see this mod in action. Same goes for the bed wetting mod I have in. I've never had a sim child wet the bed because they are all trained.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#197 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast

They hang around for a long time so as to give you plenty of time to get to the door and accept the delivery.
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 6:28 PM
Ugh, I hate it when Sims feed toddlers and leave the bottles on the floor.... Really annoying.
And the little detail when Sims are closing their eyes, if you look down, you see a bit of the Sims' eye which is creepy.
Forum Resident
#199 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
They hang around for a long time so as to give you plenty of time to get to the door and accept the delivery.

Since they'll drop the delivery and take the money anyway, I don't see the point. Simmers who want their sims to meet the delivery person can send their sim outside after hanging up. I find it obnoxious.
Inventor
#200 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 3:44 AM
My pet peeve is that my computer doesn't really like TS2, and thus I have a black square under each Sim's feet.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Page 8 of 275