Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2020 at 9:28 AM
Default Wtf?
This is popping up literally every 5 seconds?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Untitled 1.rar (203.8 KB, 8 downloads)
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 13th May 2020 at 10:02 AM
Yeah I noticed that too - it's a new CMP for the ad provider.  I've disabled that code and will look into it and why it keeps popping up.

Thanks for the message.  (For future reference you can just upload a screenshot directly rather than a text document)

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2020 at 12:17 PM
Thanks for the quick response!
Theorist
#4 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 11:07 AM
I just started getting the pop-up. Neither agreeing nor disagreeing seems to dismiss the pop-up properly, because it reappears once I open a new MTS page in another tab.
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 1:53 PM
Make sure you're using the https:// version of the site - and either just https://www.modthesims.info/ or https://modthesims.info/ - additionally make sure you're allowing the cookies for this site.

Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 4:45 PM
@Tashiketh it's the same for me and I always use https://www.modthesims.info and also allow cookies.

I've tried both just clicking "agree" and changing + saving my settings under "more options" - nothing helps, the [expletive] popup still comes up every. single. time. I open a new page or return to a previously opened tab.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 5:38 PM
Hrm, something has to be blocking the cookies.  For me, it works both in Chrome and Firefox in both logged in and incognito/private mode.

There's specific cookies the Quantcast plugin uses and if this cookie is missing it pops up the dialog.  The cookie in question is "euconsent-v2" should be on the domain for the site. (more specifically one for www.modthesims.info and another for modthesims.info).

Unfortunately, cookie privacy laws mean that I have to have some kind of cookie permissions dialog box popup for GPDR.  So my guess is that there's something else in your browser or network blocking them.  

Theorist
#8 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 6:03 PM
I'm using Chrome, and I noticed a small eye icon appearing in the address bar on the right hand side. It was blocking third party cookies. Once I disabled the blocking, the pop-up appeared once more. I've made my choice, and then it vanished.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#9 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 7:24 PM
@Tashiketh Just checked my cookies (FF 77.0.1) and I do indeed have one "euconsent-v2" cookie for www.modthesims.info and one for modthesims.info. I've disabled FF's enhanced tracking protection for this site (and also whitelisted both www.modthesims.info and modthesims.info so they're always allowed to store cookies, just to be the on the safe side). Didn't help - I even got the popup when I opened the smiley list just now.

But you know what, it doesn't really matter. I'm not on here that much anyway. I guess I can close a few popups when I am.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 4:31 PM
The popup is frustrating, though. It pops up with every single page.

I never had any issues with this one on the Classic MTS page - which I've preferred up until now, but then I got a Java issue (a popup of some sort saying there was a Java issue with the site?) so I (grudgingly) switched to this version, and a couple weeks later I get this annoying popup every page. I'm considering switching back to Classic...

I do have 3rd party cookies disabled for a reason, and normally I can deal with these kinds of popups, but at some point it does get a bit much.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 5:52 PM
I've switched the Ads CMP away from Quantcast and am now using Cookiebot instead.  Hopefully this should help with the popup situation.

Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#12 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 8:02 PM
@Tashiketh Thank you! It works for me, at least; told the new popup I only wanted it to use necessary cookies and hasn't seen it since. .
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 8:57 AM
Great to hear   @simmer2 how is it for you?