Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Update: Laundry Detergent *FIXED* PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD 2 new meshes: a washing machine and a functional laundry detergent * Add: V2 Larger washing machine and a recolor

by -Maylin- Posted 22nd May 2007 at 3:06 PM - Updated 17th Sep 2011 at 3:31 PM by leesester : fix image links

145 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 119 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Instructor
#51 Old 27th May 2007 at 7:21 PM
So cool! Thanks!!
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th May 2007 at 5:00 PM
You're a godess of many, thank you for this!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 11:00 AM
WOW!!! These are AMAZING!!! You're soooo GREAT!!!!!
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 7:02 AM
Awesome work, Maylin. Thank you for this wonderful mesh!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 7:27 AM
Thank you so much for this, it makes the game so much more real. I will put it to good use. Thanks again!!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#56 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 11:56 PM
Thanks so much! I found the washer no problem, and I have looked in decorative sculptures, but cant find the laundry detergent? I even unzipped it to reput it in the folder, and wrote over it. I will look again however, but could you tell me how much it cost in game? Maybe that would help me locate it! I love the way it looks! Does the recolor work no matter which size is in the game?
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Thanks so much! I found the washer no problem, and I have looked in decorative sculptures, but cant find the laundry detergent? I even unzipped it to reput it in the folder, and wrote over it. I will look again however, but could you tell me how much it cost in game? Maybe that would help me locate it! I love the way it looks! Does the recolor work no matter which size is in the game?

You can find the laundry detergent under decorative/sculpture. Price: 110
The recolor works with the 2 versions (they have the same GUID)

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#58 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 1:34 AM
ok thanks! I found the laundry detergent the second time, I think it just didnt unzip properly the first time for some reason, because I found it no problem when I looked for it after re-unzipping the files. Right in plain sight, go figure! I played with this last night, and it worked wonderfully! I really appreciate this as a washer was something I always missed in the game
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 10:03 AM
I LOVE it, it's such a good idea. Really, it IS great.

Swedän rules, not.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 5:55 AM
Yaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Thankyou so much!

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#61 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:16 PM
I think I fail at life. It doesn't show up in my game but all my other custom content does. Was I supposed to do something more than unzip the detergent, washer v2, and the recolor and put them all in my downloads folder? Custom content is currently enabled. What am I missing/doing wrong?
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:57 PM
weird!
You should find the detergent under decorative/sculpure (price 110) and the washing machine under Appliances/Large (price 200)

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 7:19 PM
:lovestruc: I love the washer and detergent. I've seen a few other washers but did not like the style. Now all we need is a dryer (pretty, pretty please) to match. I've seen a few people ask if you are going to do one, but never saw an answer. If there was an answer just slap me and point me to the post #.
Test Subject
#64 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 5:08 PM
The first time I saw this, i downloaded it happily, and i was really excited! i couldn't wait to try it out

but..

i'm kinda disapointed to be honest =/ because i expected it to do more, the sim just stands there and makes a small action, no clothes are put in..

but thanks anyway! my sims world now looks a lil' bit more realistic =]
Test Subject
#65 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 6:18 PM
wow that is awsome
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 3:43 PM
I have a suggestion. first I love the idea of this object, way to go! I think it would be cool if you had an option to wash your own clothes, or wash a load for the whole household. then you could raise your own hygeine only, or the whole household's hygeine. Also, earning cleaning skill would be a good addition.
Test Subject
#67 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 3:23 AM
Thank you so much again. This is brilliant!! Oh, by the way, not to sound like a complete and utter geek, I had a D&D character named Maylin. However hers was spelled differently and for the life of me I can not remember how I spelled it. Anyway, thank you again for all the wonderful stuff. I know I will enjoy!
Test Subject
#68 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 3:26 AM
I just now remember how it was spelled!! Not that it really matters but it was Mailyn. Hee hee I am such a dork. I don't know if this has been done yet but how about a clothes dryer, or maybe for all the old fashoined sims a line dryer? That would be rather interesting
Test Subject
#69 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 7:51 PM
Err nevermind, I think I found the problem! Sims click on the DETERGENT not the washing machine, lol.
Test Subject
#70 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 6:04 PM
This looks awesome. It would go great with a movie with chroma-keying. If you see, the clothes in the washer are blue so yea.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 11:16 PM
Ah cool I always wanted my sims to do laundry. I cant say why exactly as RL laundry is very tedious. It Might fall under the "Its more interesting to watch a computer animated person scrub a toliet then to do it yourself" category.
Test Subject
#72 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 6:37 PM
It would be great if you or someone else made a laundry basket that sims put their the clothes in at the end of the day and then they put on something else for the new day. And later that day, a sim would wash the clothes and put them back in the drawer after being hung on a washing line.

Just a suggestion!
Test Subject
#73 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 11:48 AM
Um, I really like this, and I think it's great, but I've spotted a MAJOR problem:

Every time (in buy mode) I click on the washing machine to buy it then a little beep happens and a warning message comes up saying the programme has crashed. the programme will now terminate.

Your washing machine is busting up and crashing my game!

It might just e my pc, so no worries and it's a great creation, just a shame I won't get to use it...

xxx alex xxx
Test Subject
#74 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 4:31 PM
What about an option to put your cat in there?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 4:47 PM
This is fantastic, thank-you so much.
Page 3 of 6