6 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Replies: 11751 (Who?), Viewed: 498507 times.
Page 347 of 471
Mad Poster
#8651 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 9:45 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that does it face up under the grill. If it's a UK thing then Dad must have brought it over from Scotland with him. XD

I have also had cheese toasties. We make those in a sandwich maker and butter the sides of the bread that are on the outside.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#8652 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 1:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
I was talking to my mom the other day about an article I read that said that modern parenting practices--such as leaving babies unattended in their crib for a long time, letting them "cry it out" instead of tending them, and using only formula when you don't have to--have been scientifically proven to stunt brain development. She jokingly replied, "Well, that's what my sims do for their babies!" And I was like, "Yes, and they grow up to have parties in bathrooms, take the long way around the house to go into the next room, and become unable to step over a newspaper!"
And, honestly, that explains so much.

"How do I go to the next room? Oh, I know. I'll go out the back door, walk up the stairs to the roof of the house, walk right back down the stairs, and go all the way around the house to the front door." Sims.
#8653 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 2:01 PM
What is a sandwich maker?

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#8654 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 4:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeTownChick
What is a sandwich maker?

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#8655 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 4:52 PM
Nah, Charity, thats a JAFFLE maker. A sandwich maker has two flat plates.

Like This: https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/brev...press-bsg520bss
Scholar
#8656 Old 26th Oct 2019 at 7:21 PM
Sorry @kidhedera but I want to disagree.
You'll notice that on the breville sandwich press page you're linked there is a statment "This Breville sandwich press' 2 slice capacity enables you to whip up jaffles with ease"
Ergo it is also a jaffle maker according to brevilles or good guys own marketing.

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/brev...maker-bts200sil
While this is listed as a jaffle maker
"Make a variety of toasted sandwiches thanks to this Breville sandwich press"

They are both toasted sandwich makers which work by pressing down on the bread. They are both listed under sandwich press on the website.

I have only had the Breville original toasted sandwich maker, never heard of it refered to as jaffle maker and now want both types of sandwich presses in my game despite not knowing I wanted them 20mins ago.

I was suddenly so passionate because of the jaffle term which had me confused as it sounded so close to jaffa (OZ-NZ Chocolate ball) which I would not recommend putting in either sandwich press.
Scholar
#8657 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 12:10 AM
I think jaffle is just Australian for toastie, isn't it?

Now, to me, the face-up-under-the-grill thing is called cheese on toast; if you make a cheese sandwich then put it under the grill (no butter on the outside) to melt the cheese, it's a toasted cheese sandwich; if you make it in a sandwich maker, it's a cheese toastie; and if you fry it, it's inexplicably called grilled cheese - or, in this house, a grilly. We put fried bacon and onion in ours, and then fry it in the bacon fat.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8658 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 2:15 AM
I stopped one of my Sims playing a computer game and made him make his bed. Yet I was playing The Sims 2, and I was well aware that I hadn't made my own bed. Indeed my bedroom is a total tip.

Andrew says, "Hypocrite!!"

P.S. We have a sandwich maker just like Charity's.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8659 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 4:01 AM
Yeah, apparently Jaffle is just Australian/South African for toasted sandwich. Our sandwich maker is actually flat, although we've had one with ridges, but that was the best picture I could find in under a minute when I should have been going to bed lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
I stopped one of my Sims playing a computer game and made him make his bed. Yet I was playing The Sims 2, and I was well aware that I hadn't made my own bed. Indeed my bedroom is a total tip.

I can't make my bed; there's a cat on it. You should get a cat. :P
Mad Poster
#8660 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 10:19 AM Last edited by Justpetro : 28th Oct 2019 at 1:15 PM.
I miss cats on my bed.

Making my bed is never needed, since I sleep on top of the bedding, I just have to put the pillows back (when I feel like it).

We put mince meat in jaffles in South Africa - it is a very popular shack at festivals and church bazaars and school sports!

And this is what you use to make jaffles in!

And this is what a jaffle looks like here. I have never seen anyone putting cheese in it (sometimes added to the mince, yes).

Apologies for all the editing here: our internet went on a slow strike, but seems to be back at work now.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8661 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 1:40 PM
Mmmm...all this talk of cheese toasties makes me want to run to the bakery by my school and get one...

But I'm on half-term, why would I run to school just to do that?

Still, tempting.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Scholar
#8662 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 1:44 PM
I have grilled cheese aspiration right now. Thanks a lot, MTS!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8663 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 2:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justpetro
And this is what you use to make jaffles in!
We've got one of those! It's been in the house for as long as I can remember. (And, yes, we have brought it to the new house.) My father called it a pantoadle maker. So the things you made in it were pantoadles. (I can't guarantee the spelling of that!) I've never used it myself -- though I have occasionally used the fancy Breville electric one like in Charity's picture. I'm sure I've eaten pantoadles that other people have made though. Fillings can vary, but certainly can include cheese. Chopped tomatoes and/or tomato ketchup can be added.

Quote:
I miss cats on my bed.
I'd be ashamed to let a cat see the state of my bedroom. Currently we have a dog rather than a cat (we look after whatever comes to us) but recently she's gone blind and can't climb the stairs. So she can't see the mess in my room.

Andrew would go ballistic if he saw it. He's a Virgo and he hates mess.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#8664 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 5:37 PM
@AndrewGloria - I have actually heard people referring to that appliance as a pantoadle maker! Here, we make cheese sandwiches either in the oven or on the thing Charity posted, which we simply call a toaster as well!

The South African jaffle has mince meat in it, with or without cheese, so that may be why we don't call it a pantoadle

Oh, and you are my best frenemy right now, since I believe our countries will face each other in the Rugby World Cup Final

Now I have to think up something to add to make this post sim-related again. Perhaps it is time to get Andrew and Gloria a cat?
Instructor
#8665 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 5:38 PM
There are so many custom hoods that I want to play. One day I'll get to all of them.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#8666 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 8:07 AM
Quote:
Oh, and you are my best frenemy right now, since I believe our countries will face each other in the Rugby World Cup Final

Now I have to think up something to add to make this post sim-related again. Perhaps it is time to get Andrew and Gloria a cat?

I think that Andrew is from Scotland, not England, so you can be just friends with him. XD

Andrew does need to get Pets. He is missing out on a lot of cuteness!
Mad Poster
#8667 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 8:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
I think that Andrew is from Scotland, not England, so you can be just friends with him. XD

True, that, and Ii forgot for a moment he did not have pets
Mad Poster
#8668 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 8:23 AM
Quote:

As a typical South African, I sometimes forget that the UK does not mean England Even though there are plenty of Scottish and Irish people living here, and descendants of those, and a smaller number of people originally from Wales. Never had a frenemy, though, so @AndrewGloria, you seemed like a good option (We are probably going to lose anyway, but hope springs eternal )

Forgot for a moment that he does not have Pets - sorry, @AndrewGloria, about that. I still think Andrew and Gloria would like a cat though!
Inventor
#8669 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 6:46 PM
That moment when it's raining in the game and in real life simultaneously. XD

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Scholar
#8670 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 7:20 PM
I once had a thunderstrike in the game and irl at the same time.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#8671 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 8:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria

I'd be ashamed to let a cat see the state of my bedroom. Currently we have a dog rather than a cat (we look after whatever comes to us) but recently she's gone blind and can't climb the stairs. So she can't see the mess in my room.

Andrew would go ballistic if he saw it. He's a Virgo and he hates mess.

Our kitten doesn't care. It's all toys to her. She very often contributes to mess, in fact, as she sees no problem with relocating objects with assistance from gravity. (She sleeps with my five and eight year old daughters, and their bedroom varies from neat as a pin to did they relocate the county dump?, often over the course of a single day.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#8672 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 1:29 PM
I feel like I’m getting way too meta - I’m building a Welsh town (haven’t decided the name yet - I want a Welsh name and an English name) which I’m setting in Powys, where I live and go to school. But I’m also setting it on a real river, the Wye, which makes me want to build the real life places Hay-on-Wye and Cardiff (the capital) so my simmies have places to visit, but good god that’d be way too much.

You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Mad Poster
#8673 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 1:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
Our kitten doesn't care. It's all toys to her. She very often contributes to mess, in fact, as she sees no problem with relocating objects with assistance from gravity. (She sleeps with my five and eight year old daughters, and their bedroom varies from neat as a pin to did they relocate the county dump?, often over the course of a single day.)

My kitten treats the litterbox as a training ground for the litter throwing Olympics. I'm glad that simcats don't do that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by didyouevenmakeasound
I feel like I’m getting way too meta - I’m building a Welsh town (haven’t decided the name yet - I want a Welsh name and an English name) which I’m setting in Powys, where I live and go to school. But I’m also setting it on a real river, the Wye, which makes me want to build the real life places Hay-on-Wye and Cardiff (the capital) so my simmies have places to visit, but good god that’d be way too much.

Why? Do what you like.
Forum Resident
#8674 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 2:30 PM
Quote:
Why? Do what you like.

I suppose I could make a part of Cardiff that stems from my imagination but is heavily based off of the city itself, and then with Hay it wouldn’t be AS bad to recreate. It’s just pretty daunting lol.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8675 Old 31st Oct 2019 at 2:55 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 31st Oct 2019 at 4:20 PM. Reason: Silly Little Typo!!
Quote:

Charity is right: I'm Scottish and, sadly, I don't have the Pets EP.

For various reasons I'm not feeling too well-disposed towards England at the moment, so, despite not really being a rugby fan, I'm rather hoping that the Springboks win on this occasion. . . .so, I think I'm still your friend!

Years ago in school I recall a Latin teacher, who was a rugby fan, talking to some of the boys who were also keen on rugby, and they kept mentioning something they called "The Springbox", and I hadn't a clue what they were talking about. It was years later that I realised that they were saying "The Springboks", and that it was South Africa's national rugby team. I believe the springbok is a kind of antelope, and it is South Africa's national animal. I'm sure Justpetro will keep us right.

I did actually once play rugby for my school when I was 12. It was the school's 20th XV, and I only got the game because another boy had called off very late on the Friday. Always slow (like my Sims game today) I was in the school yards about 10 minutes after school had finished, so I was the only 1st year boy the P.E. teacher could find. Anyway he asked if I'd play on the Saturday morning, and I did. We lost about 21-3, and I never got picked for the school again!

The only team I really support these days is Veronaville All-Stars and that's mainly because Gloria Jones (my best friend's mum) plays for them. I'm not even sure what game they play: I think it might be women's football ("soccer" to Americans).

Good luck with your Welsh neighbourhood, Diddy. Personally I've no Welsh family connections, but some of my Veronaville Sims (Gloria and Andrew Jones, and Gwyneth and Edgar Edwards) claim Welsh ancestry. I never gave a thought to them being Welsh, until one night (in about the oddest Sims-related dream I've ever had) I dreamt they had an Eisteddfod!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Page 347 of 471