Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 6:56 PM
Need help making a mod.
I’ve really been wanting to make an amputee mod for a character I draw to try and do him more justice than my drawings can.

The mod I’m going for is an arm amputee mod for a dude who has both arms missing. I’ve seen someone who feared this kind of mod would be used as a way to fetishized being an amputee like mods for certain skin conditions are used for.

Which is why I simply want to be pushed in the right direction for making this kind of mod to work and just keep it to myself I suppose. I’ll probably just mess around with Blender and some tutorials until I can figure something out.

But if anyone who knows a little or a lot more about this process I would greatly appreciate if anyone could give any pointers, I’ll stop bothering everyone soon lol.

Example
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 6:31 PM
You'll have to make tops and fullbody clothes with the arm(s) removed just like in your picture. It won't be a mod exactly, but a set of CC clothes. There's no way to suppress the arms on all clothing for a particular sim.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 1:44 AM
Would you know where I should start? If the character has to be shirtless that’s fine, I draw him like that anyways, and would I be able to add anything on top of the no arms?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 9:09 AM
You'd make tops and outfits like any other clothing, but without arms.

There is no separate body under the clothing, if that's what you're thinking. Each item of clothing includes the body parts. You'll have to make a nude top with arms removed for when your sim showers or is shirtless, and beyond that you'll have to pick whatever tops you like for him and make CC versions with the arms removed. There are plenty of tutorials around for making clothing and in this case you shouldn't have to modify the texture or do uv mapping or bone weights, just remove the arms from the mesh.

The other possibility that I thought of since my first answer is a CAS body preset with the arms shrunk down to a point and hidden inside the shoulder. That might work for most tops but I'm not sure how the animations would look. If you're interested in trying, TS4 Morphmaker is the tool you'd use and I can help with that process too.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 4:55 PM
I would greatly appreciate any help as I’m new to CC making and I’m gonna run into a lot of trouble, even with getting the right assets into blender but I’ll look into some tutorials when I have time.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Programmix01
I would greatly appreciate any help as I’m new to CC making and I’m gonna run into a lot of trouble, even with getting the right assets into blender but I’ll look into some tutorials when I have time.

Just ask when you have questions or problems.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 12:15 AM
Default Rough Start
Well, I've sorta figured out where to start lol

Here's a very rough wip.

WIP
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 2:01 AM
Default Much better WIP
Here's a much better version, I just need help trying to center the point and make it look smooth.

WIP V.2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 4:02 AM
Default Better view of model arm
Arm

Currently trying to make this smooth, but having trouble.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 5:49 AM
Why are there two points right on top of each other underneath the upper part of the arm?! This really messes up the process.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 8:02 AM
Sorry, but I can't help with using Blender and can't tell what the problem is from those pictures. Two vertices at the same location are probably a seam and should be moved together.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 1:49 PM
Thank you, I’ll try and figure that out later.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 2:05 AM
Update: I just wanted to quickly thank those who helped out with this issue that honestly wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be.