Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Skin Collection #2 - defaults

by Enayla Posted 5th Feb 2006 at 2:10 AM

286 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 280 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 12
Test Subject
#201 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Megan J
great skintones! i downloaded it without noticing that it was default skintones but i want the maxis ones too! help!?

Here's help: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...2941&comments=1 :nod:
Test Subject
#202 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 2:49 PM
when I saw this, I've almost started to cry. Seriously. And that's because I've looked so long for some good defaults. These are the best ever! And, they include that shiny dark skin I've also been looking for, for a really long time... Enayla... THANK YOU!!!!

*pushing the "thanks" button*

"If a human brain was so easy that we could understand it, we would be so stupid that we didn't understand it anyway."- Jostein Gaarder
Test Subject
#203 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 3:46 PM
Oooops... Something happened! WinZIP said there was something wrong with the two lightest skins of yours, unexpected end in arcive, or something. But, WinZIP managed to download the two darkest skintones, however. I'll try to download the two lightest skintones some other time. Maybe it's just my computer that's fucking up. But, I would be very glad if you, Enayla, could check if there is something wrong with these files... But as I said, it can likely be a coincidence. Thanks anyway.

Johanne

"If a human brain was so easy that we could understand it, we would be so stupid that we didn't understand it anyway."- Jostein Gaarder
Test Subject
#204 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 1:22 PM
i absolutely love these... i really want them in my game but i cant open them in winzip... cud anybody let me know if ive missed something?

To make our dreams come true... we need to wake up
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 5th Mar 2006 at 12:44 AM
I LOVE them! May I ask a question though? If I install these will the sims that I already have which use Maxis skintones have their skin replaced or not?

Yay I'm back~!
Test Subject
#206 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 3:06 AM
Thank you so much. You are amazing. These are beautiful skins :P
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 7th Mar 2006 at 4:17 AM
Here are two sims that got converted, on is the papergirl and the other is goopy. They look fantastic now!!!

Field Researcher
#208 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 11:36 AM
I discovered that any sims younger than teenagers that use your "Summertime" default skin appear as zombies. Somehow the skintone for your "Deceased" skin made it into the baby, toddler and child files of your "Summertime" default skin.

I checked all of the other default skins and the only one with this problem is the "Summertime" tone, so I'd let you know. I prefer to use your skintones over all, so I'd rather not have to revert to my old defaults for the "tan" color. If you have time to fix this it would be most appreciated...I tried to do it myself but I don't know how to assign skins as default.

For a species that claims to be intellectually superior to all other life forms, humans do some stupid things.
Test Subject
#209 Old 11th Mar 2006 at 2:11 PM
How can I get rid of them ,I have deleted the files, but they still show up.
i love ur skins but i´m not satisfied on how they looked on the npc...
plz help
thx
Test Subject
#210 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 10:00 PM
These are gorgeous! One more step towards making sims look realistic. We've come a long way from the original!
Test Subject
#211 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 7:52 AM
These are amazingly beautiful! Thank you! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 2:45 PM
The skintones are absolutely beautiful! I hope you will make more of the beautiful eyes that came with your skintones. They are so wonderful !!! Please oh please make more eyes??
Scholar
#213 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 5:42 PM
I'm always looking for beautiful skin and I love yours, thank you.
Test Subject
#214 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 1:41 PM
Thank you, best work , beuatiful skin :jaw:
#215 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 10:05 PM
hmm
unfortunantly i'm unable to download your 'autumn' skin tone. it says there is an unexpected end of the archive? i dont know if this is my problem or a problem with the skin...hopefully it can be fixed though, because i'd love to have that skin in my game.
Test Subject
#216 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 11:09 PM
I loved these skintones.
One minor problem though. They're faces are too shiny. It looks like they have oily skin. My girls look fine with these skin tones, but my guys faces look white.
I'm not knocking your skins, by all means, I love them and you've done a fab job on them.
Test Subject
#217 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 11:47 PM
Enayla, You probably wont reply to this but I have to give you some constructive criticism and make a request.

1: As a lot of people have stated, and I agree, the faces are a little too shiny on the up turned portions, the cheeks and bridge of hte nose. you may want to tame that down a little.
2: The shading on the breasts looks a little to much like they have had a breast job.
3: I think that the body's look a little to toned for "normal" body types.

Those are just my opinions and hopefully will be take as constructive criticism. Maybe instead of adding that shine you could bump map (normal map) the skins, I think that would probably make it look even more realistic. I have tried this with a couple of your skins but am not the artist that you are so they failed miserably. I immediately deleted them.

I love these skins anyway and am using them in my game. I also can't wait for he default eyes.

I was also wondering if you could possibly do a Forgotten Realms (tm) Elf skin set, using the descriptions from the books to do it? Your skins from the "Improved Skin Collection #1" are almost perfect, the only problems I have with it are that 'The Fae' is too blue for a Moon elf, and the 'Blue Midnight' is too light for a drow.

But over all I love these and the rest of your artwork. I hope to see more from you soon.

Sorry, but no I will not do ZIPs.
RARs are universal and smaller and I'm on Dial-up. If you can't download a rar file then find out why and fix your computer.

If you have problems getting complete downloads try Mass Downloader. It saves me plenty of hassle.
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 1:00 AM
Oooh yay! Thank you! The maxis defaults are just soo....flat. Beautiful
Test Subject
#219 Old 5th Apr 2006 at 5:51 AM
Absolutely over the top! Superlative work... thank you!
Test Subject
#220 Old 23rd Apr 2006 at 5:13 AM
Default Beautiful!
I really love these skin tones on the women. Is there any way to make them the defualt for just the women and not the men?
Test Subject
#221 Old 3rd May 2006 at 4:52 PM
Thank you for your generous work! All my sims look amazing now!
So talented!
Test Subject
#222 Old 8th May 2006 at 6:17 AM
I just downloaded these yesterday, and I obsolutely love them. The skins make my sims look so much more real, especially their faces.

I really like the faces of the model sims that you used in the pictures. Do you have any plans to upload these in the future, or maybe other faces to match this skin set? I always love to see what faces skin creators come up with, since you have the best feel for what facial structures would look best with a particular skin.

Thank again for your beautiful skins,
Anya
Test Subject
#223 Old 18th May 2006 at 7:27 PM
OMG! You're the creator of Furiae?! O.O I absolutely adore your art, and these sims skins. Thank you ^.^
Field Researcher
#224 Old 23rd May 2006 at 10:28 AM Last edited by Max3D : 1st Jun 2006 at 4:57 PM.
... the male rember me Big Jim :P
i mean 'cause muscle and no bodyhair

great skin btw
Inventor
#225 Old 29th May 2006 at 1:07 AM
thank you for your post

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Page 9 of 12