Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9001 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 4:58 PM
I've been setting my sim's tokens in ACR to static to stop them from being auto-reset constantly because it's the dynamic token setting that causes them to change frequently.I wouls want to control their romance behavior because I want to decide for myself if anybody is going to cheat on a parner or they're all loyal.It's a little more likely that some might possibly cheat if the town is a larger long-established town with multiple neighborhoods and a lager population.What I love about ACR is how it gives you a way to control behavior of spawned visitors to community lots by setting restrictions and tuning sim tokens.
Advertisement
Theorist
#9002 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@Orphalesion -I think most of us want to have control over wether sims are cheating in our towns or being loyal based on what shage the town is at and how far it progressed in the game.Mine is just starting out as two homesteads with a service center where they can shop for clothing or grocereies and also have options for earning money vocationally as well as there's a cafeteria for when hey need to eat.I agree that the game should work the same for all and just let us control what happens and wether we get any cheating or not as I strongly believe it should be fully up to each of us to choose what happens.

No I meant Vanilla Game should be the same for everyone.
Because, see, I can't remember my Sims autonomously cheating even before I used the Romance Mod. It didn't happen, unless they had already been directed to flirt at some point. I just got the Romance Mod so that Romance Sims could have polyamorous relationships and so that married family Sims would reject advances if I have a Sim flirt with them.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#9003 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 11:37 PM
I find YAs will sometimes flirt and choose their own partner if left to their own devices in the dorms, but I've never had an adult Sim, or a teen or YA who had a crush on someone, flirt with anybody they weren't already romantically involved with (except the Drama Professor, obviously, since that's what they're programed do).
Scholar
#9004 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 1:45 AM
I discovered I’ve been organizing my mods all wrong! I was doing exactly what Pleasant Sims said was the way to make long load times and crashes. So I’m going through all my mods and organizing them her way. I have terrible organizing skills, but I can follow someone else’s system.
Lab Assistant
#9005 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 2:07 PM
This is not what I've discovered today, it was a long time ago but I just want to share since I can't play TS2 for two years (really want to play, but my old PC is broken and my old saves' still here)

I remember the time when Grim Reaper took someone's soul after they died, then Grim Reaper use a toilet in their house before he's gone.
Yeah, good guy, you took someone's life then you also use their house's toilet. Good guy.

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Forum Resident
#9006 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 2:25 PM
Try having him watch your TV for a whole sim week It made my sister paranoid

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#9007 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I discovered I’ve been organizing my mods all wrong! I was doing exactly what Pleasant Sims said was the way to make long load times and crashes. So I’m going through all my mods and organizing them her way. I have terrible organizing skills, but I can follow someone else’s system.

Do you have a link to this? I couldn't find it on google.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#9008 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 12:25 PM
I had the grim reaper come once to take children away after a stove fire on my old computer years ago and he ended up playing on their comuter and braking it.I had sims with too low of cooking skill trying to use a stove by mistake and had not placed a fire alarm or sprinkler near the stove.I exited without saving and on entering the lot again I deleted the stove and decided they would have to make do with lunch meat sandwiches and cereal until they got better at cooking.
Forum Resident
#9009 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Do you have a link to this? I couldn't find it on google.

If you still need the link.

Scholar
#9010 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 1:57 PM
https://youtu.be/6EAfACulJxY

@simsfreq There is Cindy’s video. The link for her cc organization template is down in the description.

Oop someone beat me to it!
Forum Resident
#9011 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 12:56 AM
I discovered that urns/gravestones while in someone's inventory have the description "Deepest sympathy! [Name] has just died. Though the body is gone, the spirit will always remain", i.e same as the pop-up message that appeared when sims died in the first The Sims. I might be easily impressed when it comes to things like that, but I found it quite brilliant.

I am Error.
Field Researcher
#9012 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 9:17 PM
OMG!! I have been having the worst time because I could not figure out how to make bodyshop a decent size on my nice shiny new big 2k monitor, and I kept getting a headache and still not being able to really see what I was doing. But, making bodyshop full screen using ALT-ENTER put it into the wrong aspect ratio so the sims looked stretched and weird. Well! I just found this:

http://www.brianapps.net/sizer4/

It ends up being a little wonky because the interface does not go down into the right corner of the window but ends up in the middle. However you can use the hotkeys to make the interface go away and come back as needed. I CAN SEE MY SIMS in body shop even with my old-ass eyes.

Now if there was only a way to move the interface to the corner of the window, life would be perfect!
Scholar
#9013 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Try having him watch your TV for a whole sim week It made my sister paranoid

That freaked me out, too. I still don't let the last Sim on the lot die; either somebody moves in with them, or they move in with an heir.
Forum Resident
#9014 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 3:45 AM
If you send the about-to-die sim outside and then lock all the doors for All Sims, Grimmy won't be able to get inside. He'll stamp a little, but he zaps away sooner all the same.
Mad Poster
#9015 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 3:50 AM
That's kind of funny, given that people have reported that the social worker can walk through walls.
Mad Poster
#9016 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 5:38 AM
I've discovered that my sims no longer are grabbing snakcs from their fridges when I'm not watching and can only use the fridge if I direct them to cook a meal after installing a no autonomous fridge patch to end the non-stop taking snacks out instead of cooking meals.Another simmer here just recently reported having a bug of their sim doing the very same thing mine were if not being watched and I got a fridge patch to solve it.I do have to watch that my sims do cook food for themselves and direct them to eat now though it's better than aving to cancel out the snack grabbing action to force them to cook meals.I had a sim get very hungry and become close to starving though I caught it in time and she was almost late for work from that and had to eat more after work.
Scholar
#9017 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
That's kind of funny, given that people have reported that the social worker can walk through walls.

No! that is not an ability that should be taught to them!
Mad Poster
#9018 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 8:12 AM
I discovered that there are sims who want to cook (it shows in their wants too) and sims who do not want to cook and prefer starve until someone makes a meal. In my Workers household there is no one with culinary hobby but one sim likes to cook and rolls wants to learn new meals. Even though I did let them all learn 3 cooking points, so everyone can make a meal. Hamburgers FTW!
Forum Resident
#9019 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 8:54 AM

It is kinda funny. I'd assumed Grim could go through walls, same as ghosts. I just locked the door because the sim kept trying to go back inside instead of staying put, and it was almost 6 pm. That's how I found out Grim can't go through walls or doors.
Lab Assistant
#9020 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 9:18 AM Last edited by BlademasterX2 : 28th Feb 2021 at 9:37 AM.

"Walking through the walls is for low-level ghosts and rookies like you guys, now let me show what the real man can do..."

*teleports from the truck to 9th floor even there's no front door*

Grim, sorry pal, but you're weaker than social workers and repomen now. Try to take these guys' life if you dare. Perhaps they might teach you something from their soul.

♒ Aquarius Sun, ♈ Aries Moon, ♈ Aries Rising

Sorry for my English :)
Forum Resident
#9021 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 10:20 AM
In messing around in SimPE, I recently discovered the fear "Have 4 children"

Awfully specific, to be honest, and considering it's a fear it's probably meant for romance sims, which makes it even weirder... might just give it to Don and have him impregnate half the population again for the vine (is that still relevant anymore?)
Forum Resident
#9022 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 12:50 PM
Is it rare for that want to roll in game or something, because I've never seen it roll in normal gameplay. It sounds really interesting though.

And yeah... Social Workers are powerful. When I was playing the game years ago, I had seven children living on their own, because their parent died. I tried to prevent them from getting taken away by selling the doors. When the Social Worker came to begin her job, she complained about route failure a few times before zapping my kids out of the house.

It fascinated me that much, I began killing parents on purpose and building walls around the children. I was a strange 6 or 7 year old...

Top Secret Researcher
#9023 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 3:57 PM
The pottery wheel has a snowy texture, but the restorable car does not. Odd considering which one of those would be more likely to be outside.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Instructor
#9024 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 9:43 PM
I thought only children could sell lemonade.

Nothing weird about this at all.

Instructor
#9025 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 5:48 PM
There's snow days in sims 2 like sims 3. Wonder how I've never noticed that before.
Page 361 of 445