Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#651 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 8:25 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 29th Jun 2016 at 8:36 PM.
I didn't have any issues in your version. So could you also zip the final neighborhood version in that way?
I'll continue zipping using Winrar, because I mess it up if I use 7zip.

Anyway, as for the neighborhood, I've playtested some of the community lots and found some issues. I've fixed those and also added the last family to the neighborhood. Okay, this really is the last household. Lol!

The last household consists of two female sims.
@Jojoa777
I thought it'd be funny if one of the women was pregnant with the Mayor Caesar's baby as a result of an affair. Is it even OK if she's pregnant with the Mayor's baby? Of course, she doesn't need to be pregnant with the Mayor's baby. She could be pregnant with someone else's baby instead. But that would bring more drama in the neighborhood. Especially if the child meets one of the Wentworth children. Then we'd have uncles/aunts and nephews/nieces at the same age.

Because we have two lesbian sims and one gay sim, I thought we should also have at least one bissexual sim, so I've set one of the two women as bissexual. (2.5 attraction to males and females)
We could also include a sim who has -2.5 attraction to females and males. (Not sure how that's called. Asexual? Idk. But basically no attraction to anyone.)
@Peni Griffin
Maybe Dr. Adam Splitter would be such a candidate - since he's never had his first kiss and has never been in love with someone.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#652 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 8:43 PM
Asexual is the term, yes. If we're going all out for representation, sure, Dr. Splitter can be ace. Why not? It won't make him completely immune to players who want to hook him up, due to the way the preferences work; but it can make him hard work to pair off, and he really ought to be hard work on that front.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#653 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I didn't have any issues in your version. So could you also zip the final neighborhood version in that way?
I'll continue zipping using Winrar, because I mess it up if I use 7zip.

Anyway, as for the neighborhood, I've playtested some of the community lots and found some issues. I've fixed those and also added the last family to the neighborhood. Okay, this really is the last household. Lol!

The last household consists of two female sims.
@Jojoa777
I thought it'd be funny if one of the women was pregnant with the Mayor Caesar's baby as a result of an affair. Is it even OK if she's pregnant with the Mayor's baby? Of course, she doesn't need to be pregnant with the Mayor's baby. She could be pregnant with someone else's baby instead. But that would bring more drama in the neighborhood. Especially if the child meets one of the Wentworth children. Then we'd have uncles/aunts and nephews/nieces at the same age.

Because we have two lesbian sims and one gay sim, I thought we should also have at least one bissexual sim, so I've set one of the two women as bissexual. (2.5 attraction to males and females)
We could also include a sim who has -2.5 attraction to females and males. (Not sure how that's called. Asexual? Idk. But basically no attraction to anyone.)
@Peni Griffin
Maybe Dr. Adam Splitter would be such a candidate - since he's never had his first kiss and has never been in love with someone.

I think that pregnancy sounds like a great idea!! Caesar clearly has an awful relationship with his wife at the moment, and I don't see him having any moral issues with cheating!
Instructor
#654 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Asexual is the term, yes. If we're going all out for representation, sure, Dr. Splitter can be ace. Why not? It won't make him completely immune to players who want to hook him up, due to the way the preferences work; but it can make him hard work to pair off, and he really ought to be hard work on that front.

When I started testing the neighborhood, Dr. Splitter immediately hooked up with his housemate Mata Dore before I could even play his household. I guess that won't happen next time I play if he's asexual though!
Mad Poster
#655 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 1:11 AM
I just finished poking around in the most recently available version, and Dr. Splitter had a want to woohoo in his opening panel. He obviously thinks he still has things to learn...I'm afraid if he isn't set as ace, then hooking up with his new assistant will be so common as to be dull, just because it's so easy for people who share a house to do that, especially with ACR.

The pizza trick is working great, but I think pizza for breakfast is one of those things Mata would feel it was her role, as assistant and as mother, to prevent.

Love that Maribel now starts the game visiting Holly at the group home! Should one of them get a different hairstyle, or should we leave players to assume that they've been doing the best-friends-get-matching-stuff thing? Claire, by the way, immediately dished dirt on the mayor to Maddy in the bathroom!

This is the first time I've spent any time to speak of poking in the houses I had nothing to do with, and I'm impressed. There's a lot of interesting families and storylines going on here, from the traditional single-guy-in-a-house to the poor-little-rich-kids all alone in the big house with the ghosts to the blended family. I put it into my full game so I wouldn't be seeing everybody in the middle of a featureless desert, like I was doing in base game. A couple of weird things happened. The Splitters, the only family I took anywhere, had a hard time leaving both the home lot and the community lots they went to. The first time I think it was just that the portal was full of materializing NPCs, but the problem in the science labs may have been a routing problem in the auditorium. And in the Patch household, the toddler was in the nursery when I opened the lot, but when I told the dad to go potty train her, she teleported down to the greenhouse with her mom. No idea what that was about.

The Bachelors are going to be a fun household to play, but I think they should start in the Family Bin. If the player moves them out of that high rise to change it to apartments, which is clearly what they're for, they're going to be richer than God. Also, using the phrase "nice guy" in the bio of the Romance sim is going to set a large proportion of female players against him - "nice guy" being code for "somebody who feels that he's entitled to sex without doing any proper courting and gets rude and abusive when turned down."

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#656 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 3:04 AM
Dr. Adam Splitter doesn't need to be strongly set as asexual. Maybe -0-5 attraction to males and females is enough. That would mean, he needs to flirt with at least 6 female sims to become straight. Or at least 6 male sims to become gay.

I could place the pizza in Steve's room then. Kind of a secret breakfast. It would be funny if Mata had low cooking points, so it would make sense for Steve to have pizza in his room.
But of course, I could remove the pizza and place unprepared pancakes instead - just like it was originally intended to be. Maybe the pizza trick also works here.

I've prepared Maribel and Holly's first kiss scene. If only the music wouldn't change in later EPs.:/
I switched to R'n'B music but in later EPs, it becomes heavy metal music... Who would want to have his/her first kiss in such a noise?!
But this also happens in other housholds too. :/

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check the Science Lab and fix the auditorium. As for the Patch toddler, this issue also happens in the Davenport and in the King-Montes household. When toddlers get reset, they automatically teleport to one of their parents and jump into the arms of a parent. There's nothing I can do against this. Doesn't this happen in the Broke household as well?

The Bachelors aren't the only household that would have such an issue. There are some more households that live in apartment lots. I guess, the player will need to use the familyfunds cheat after moving into an apartment.
Or we could create a TS2+AL only game and convert the apartment lots and fix the family funds ourselves. Everyone who has AL and want to have aparment lots could download that version instead then.
As for the bio, well, it won't be ambiguous if we change it to "friendly guy" instead.... Maybe also taking out "guy" - so it's "friendly person" or "friendly man".

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Forum Resident
#657 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 5:52 AM
Just thought that I would pop in to say that I have been following this project and earlier today downloaded for a sneak peak. And I am truly amazed! Between the map lay out looking so real, the amazing lots and the realistic diversity among the characters I am..well..speechless ((LOL))! As a player may I put in my two pennies worth? I believe that those of us who do have AL will appreciate an Apartment Life version ( if that is not way too much extra work!!). My sincere compliments to all who have come together to make this possible.
Mad Poster
#658 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 4:54 PM
I just remembered something as I was browsing through the a thread just now in the Sims 2 forum section about alien genetics. Since Knight is pregnant with an alien hybrid, we'll have to notify downloaders about the possibility of the parentage being borked up. Just like with Sirius Stahrr from Meadow Creek. So they'll have to fix it if necessary.
Trainee Moderator
#659 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 7:12 PM
Oh, right! I forgot about the alien pregnancy issue. Well that will spoil the surprise but it's better if they know about it. Otherwise it could corrupt the neighborhood.

Has anyone tested whether Dahlia shows up in the graveyard?

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#660 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 8:54 PM Last edited by Tigercat58 : 4th Jul 2016 at 9:04 PM.
Why can be there an issue with the alien pregnancy?
Look how cute the little Xana Blaque is in my game :lovestruc
The gravestone shows properly on the graveyard.
Screenshots

I´m not a native english speaker.
Trainee Moderator
#661 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 10:05 PM
Ooh! She's so cute! :lovestruc
The mainhood version won't be issues. But the subhood versions can be tricky sometimes. The game can change the father NID when the subhood is being added to a neighborhood, so the father can end up being somebody else instead of PT.

As for the graveyard, I'm glad all the gravestones are still there. But does Dahlia spawn as a ghost? In the playtest, I didn't see her ghost but all the other ghosts appeared just fine.
Maybe that's because children are not allowed to visit community lots at night. And yes, Dahlia is a child ghost.

I wonder whether she appears if there's a special mod for children - allowing them to visit community lots at night.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#662 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 1:22 AM
We should warn people about the child ghost - the animation's wonky and a lot of people don't like having them.

Trainee Moderator
#663 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 10:27 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 6th Jul 2016 at 6:12 AM.
I'm not sure about the child ghost. Maybe she won't even spawn up as a ghost in the graveyard.
Children cannot visit community lots at night. Maybe also not the ghosts.

Unless someone has a mod for that. I've spent days with constantly cheating to max all motives waiting for little Dahlia to appear; all of the other ghosts appeared but she didn't appear.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#664 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 12:00 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 6th Jul 2016 at 12:48 AM.
Well, apparently, I'm luckier than you because I have managed to get her to spawn after staying there for two days (second day, 7 pm or so, she spawned). I've uploaded some pictures that I took (with captions).

She's quite an angry ghost! However, I'm not sure why (no idea why she has the family aspiration icon in her thought bubble either), and her mobility animation is, like you said, a bit quirky. She'll start to walk, but gets stuck before suddenly vanishing and popping up in another location, and basically repeats her angry/pissed gesture and so on... Other than that, she didn't seem to cause any issues, she did scare her mother, Isla (she wanted to see her ghost, so...).
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#665 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 6:10 AM
Oh, that's good then! Did she spawn any universal sims who came to get her? Because that happens on residential lots. I'm not sure whether it happens on community lots but it wouldn't make sense on community lots.
She's angry because the last few sims who lived on the graveyard lot weren't her family. That's why she's angry. I don't think it's a bug though. Since that's what the game does if you move a new household to a house with ghosts.
But is there a way to reset that? So they aren't angry?

I believe the animation can be fixed if someone makes the regular ghost walk available for children. As it's only available for teens and up. For some reason, the scaring animation IS available for children. So EA probably forgot to enable the ghost walk for children.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#666 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 5:27 PM
Oh, that's good then! Did she spawn any universal sims who came to get her? Because that happens on residential lots. I'm not sure whether it happens on community lots but it wouldn't make sense on community lots.

No, I didn't notice any universal Sims of any sorts showing up. Plus, I was playing the Blaques so that could be the reason, considering they are/were her parents. Perhaps someone could play a different household and try it out instead(?). :/
Trainee Moderator
#667 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 8:13 PM
I've had child ghosts on residential lots and the "parents" still came even though her real parents were already on the lot.
The "parent" that the game is using is just a random person from that household - in this case, the Default household.

And ghosts are in the same household as the universal sims.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#668 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 9:30 PM
I moved Dahlia´s gravestone back to their home.
Dahlia appears at 08:30 pm and about 2:00 in the morning the Witchdoctor from Twikki Island came to take (?) her
How is this possible? I have the Sims 2 UC, but at the moment, no Vacation Neighborhoods added to Emerald Height.

But little Dahlia is not going somewhere with the doctor, she is a independet Ghost
She moved around until 6 or 7 o'clock in the morning and then disappaer in her gravestone.
The doctor stays the whole time at the entrance and desperately need a shower

Then i "sell" the doctor in buy mode with the "moveobjects" cheat.
Screenshots

Trainee Moderator
#669 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 10:18 PM
That's exactly what we were discussing about.
If child ghosts appear on residential lots, a random sim from the Default household (in your game, it's Witch Doctor) comes and tries to take Dahlia away.
And the random sim from the Default household is not really a sim; it's actually an object.

That's why it's "dangerous" to have child ghosts on residential lots. This doesn't happen on community lots, thankfully!
So that's why we need to warn the downloaders about this thing. It's not known whether this can cause neighborhood corruption or not but Objects Sims are not supposed to appear in that way.
And as you know, TS2 can be easily corrupted - so leaving her at the community lot would be the safest thing to do. Moving her back home won't cause corruption but it may cause corruption if her ghost appears.

But if the player has a mod that prevents parents from coming at night, it wouldn't be so risky. And I believe I saw a mod like that somewhere. I just can't seem to find it anymore.
It was a mod for children, so they could stay at the current household's lot until 12 am without their parents coming.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#670 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 6:59 AM
Thanks Jawusa, i understand it better now.
The whole "Child Ghost Maxis Thing" is so weird. Then it's probably better leave the gravestone
at the Community Lot.
Or i resurect little Dahlia and the family is reunited

Trainee Moderator
#671 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 12:29 PM
That's something that I didn't even think about.
When the grave is on the community lot and you resurrect a sim, does the gravestone get deleted or is it still there?

My Simblr
Space Pony
#672 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 3:06 PM

But if the player has a mod that prevents parents from coming at night, it wouldn't be so risky. And I believe I saw a mod like that somewhere. I just can't seem to find it anymore.
It was a mod for children, so they could stay at the current household's lot until 12 am without their parents coming.

@Jawusa, you looking for this? http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,99418.0.html (Its an AL version, but anyway )
Lab Assistant
#673 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 5:55 PM
That's something that I didn't even think about.
When the grave is on the community lot and you resurrect a sim, does the gravestone get deleted or is it still there?

I have already resurrected a Sim, when their gravestone is on a community lot.
But usually i resurrected a Sim only when the gravestone is at home.
The gravestone get deleted and so Dahlia´s too, only the burned Satellite is there.

Trainee Moderator
#674 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 4:32 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm glad the gravestones get deleted when the ghosts are resurrected.

By the way, this is the latest version of Emerald Heights.
I've added some more memories to the sims and fixed some issues here and there.

Deja View Movie Theater and Joe's still haven't been edited yet. Sorry!
If you see any memories that shouldn't be there or should be included, please let me know!

I'm not sure whether everyone should have Mystery Sim memories. And should ghost sims have any memories after death?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#675 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 5:00 PM
If you look at dead sims in SimPE, or at resurrected sims in the game, you'll see the standard memories that are added when life events happen to relatives: Jane gets A+, John Gets Married. I think that the point of diminishing returns would be reached more quickly on ghost memories than on living sim memories, though.

As for the Mystery Sim memories, since a lot of people wipe them routinely, my own vote is to leave that up to the player unless there's a story or character reason for an adult not to have had a first kiss. Dr. Splitter, as an asexual with other things going on, should not have had one and therefore doesn't need a Mystery Sim. Mata Dore, as a divorced mother, will need hers. Claire Voyante could easily have reached adulthood without bothering to get her first kiss, but if she led a full teen existence she'll be better able to help her girls and there's no reason to assume that she has always been as driven as she is now, so let her keep hers and if the player wants to erase them with the batbox it's easily done.

Page 27 of 34