Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Sourcery - Working wand for magic sims

by Echo Posted 17th Nov 2007 at 8:21 AM - Updated 8th May 2009 at 1:44 PM by Echo

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 273 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 12
Field Researcher
#51 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 6:00 AM
The disapearing is usualy in the kitchen chairs and bookcase object.

As for the chairs being reversed, does that mean they are levitated
then only put down in the fashion i first added them to the sims household?

so if they were added to the table at first placing facing away from the table then i reversed them to face the table
they would then be magicaly levitated then be put back facing opposite from the table each time?

Correcting this would be to make sure they were facing the table at first placement?

I can live with correcting the chairs if needed .. but i am not so sure about the disapearing furniture :p
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 8:28 AM Last edited by Echo : 19th Nov 2007 at 9:03 AM.
fireflies - I'll check out the disappearing now. As for which way things are facing, I'm pretty sure all objects will end up facing the same way once they're dropped, and that's towards the "front" of the lot. I can blame buggy Maxis levitation code for that one.

Edit: Okay, I've looked at the Maxis code where I assume the disappearing is happening. It looks like they've put a 4 tick timeout on the snap, and if the game hasn't caught up by then it just deletes the meta object. *eye roll*. I'll keep looking for a while longer and see if I can reproduce it/fix it. If not then I'll post a big bold warning in the first post about it. Thanks again for finding this so fast!
Test Subject
#53 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 12:50 PM
*speechless*

This is amazing Echo, i've been waiting for something like this ever since i started simming. My HP sims will be over the moon with this proper wand. What can i say? You rock!!
Banned
#54 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 3:54 PM
Thank you for rekindling the magic from makin magic, sure does bring back memories of the sims 1.I'm almost 100% sure that this will win the contest without a doubt.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 9:07 PM
This is magic! You are magic! Thank you Echo, I'm gonna use it soon
Best wishes for the fairytale contest
Space Pony
#56 Old 19th Nov 2007 at 11:08 PM
This is very neat.
Forum Resident
#57 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 12:23 AM
Thanks for this fantastic item! For me it was a matter of time that someone created such a special item. And the only one I expected to do that was indeed you!! Who else? Thanks again for this extraordinary job!
hexameter
Test Subject
#58 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 2:26 AM
Day 4 - Still can't download the "magic skills" files. Still getting 1kb of information and the download quits. I've downloaded two other files tonight with no problem.

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?
Alchemist
#59 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 8:34 AM
Fantastic, this is just the thing I'd like to get in my RL, don't you? Thank you, it's a brillant mod and great addition to the game (maxis, see and learn!). Good luck for the contest!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 9:08 AM
I've just put an extra announcement at the top of the first post regarding fireflies' findings on the random levitation bug. Please take the time to read it.

DixieLilly - There's not a lot I can do to help you. There is no difference between downloading these files and downloading any other files from this site...
Field Researcher
#61 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 12:14 PM
This works beautifully and has entered my 'dont play without' file Thank you VERY much indeed!
Test Subject
#62 Old 20th Nov 2007 at 5:06 PM
I've made lots of HP neighbourhoods and Sims, this will be ideal

Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 1:44 PM
Wow this is really really cool!
The only problem is that I downloaded but I don't know where to find it in the game. Is it somewhere in the catalogue? This has also happened with other HP stuff I downloaded (Cauldron, Books etc.)

Help me please! I really wanna to use the wand!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
Chiarina - You need to put it into your sim's inventory.

Oh gosh! Now it works and it is simply amazing!!! Thank you so much for this creation and for your help!

Any chance to make a Potter-themed wand with Avada Kedavra and so on, too? However this is incredible enough for all my wizards! Thanks again!

Chiarina

"Cute and cuddly!"

My own page on MTS2
Theorist
#65 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 9:22 PM
Truly wonderful! And I am so glad you made this wand compatible with the HP magic skill system.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 21st Nov 2007 at 9:42 PM
*jawdrop*

I am speechless.

All I can say is "OOOOOOH."

Guh. I love you. <33
Test Subject
#67 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 12:32 AM Last edited by zaziezaziebeast : 23rd Nov 2007 at 9:32 PM.
Er, I'm having a bit of trouble. I downloaded it, and the magic skill, put it out for my sims and then stuck it in their inventory... but nothing happens at all. Which is a shame, because this seems really well thought out and such.
Test Subject
#68 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 4:47 AM
This has got to be one of the best downloads i've found in a long time. Can this be expanded on in the future, such as adding more spells or new potions?

If you don't have a plan, the plan won't work...
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 5:47 AM
WOW, it is a good work! i dont know alot of english so i cant express myself, so i will tell u in spanish:

QUE BONITO TRABAJO! PRECIOSO! ESTO ME AYUDARA MUCHO CON HISTORIAS O ALGO PARECIDO..

thanks, =)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 8:08 AM
Chiarina, upinout and everyone else asking about extending this:
Technically speaking, it can be expanded quite easily. Just create a new custom social the same way one normally would, then add (a) a check in the guard for the wand in the inventory, and (b) the code to pull out and put away the wand inside the interaction proper.

But! I'm not intending to add anything else to this wand, at least not in the near future. If anyone knows some BHAV theory and wants to make extensions to it I'm happy to hand-hold them through the specifics, but I'm not making any more myself. Sorry.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 9:59 PM
Can't wait to use the wand in my game!! Hugs to you!! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 3:00 AM
This is great! Good luck for the contest! This is especially good for those who make Sims 2 Movies. Maybe they will make a Harry Potter movie
Test Subject
#73 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 3:47 AM
Oh My Gosh!!! You are an awesome creator. Thank you so much. At first I was a little bummed out that the sims just levitate objects at random and you don't get to choose what they levitate. This is still an awesome creation nonetheless. Besides, updates are always possible.

How to make Voldey mad: Imperius his Death Eaters into a rousing chorus of All Things Bright and Beautiful-Mugglenet
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 7:24 AM
Wow! This wand is amazing! you're such an amazing creator! I can't wait to use this wand, can this wand be used in my story?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 25th Nov 2007 at 8:01 AM
raven - Of course it can, use it however you want. I'm not stressed.
Page 3 of 12