Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harry Potter Quidditch Robes - YngAdlt/Teen, Everyday/Athletic

by lady_darkshine Posted 15th May 2006 at 6:11 AM - Updated 8th Jun 2006 at 5:53 AM by lady_darkshine

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th May 2006 at 2:09 PM
Yeah first ^^! Great thanx my magical Sims will love you for this!

Open my Grave, and let the Sunshine in, 'cause I am just a lost soul, help me to crawl, show me the way, the way into your heart, oh can't you see how I'm dying?! [...]
God save the Queen - but why can't God save me?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th May 2006 at 2:25 PM
Great details! Just too bad there are no teen female robes *shrugs*

I am free of all prejudices; I hate everyone equally. ~ SS ~
Instructor
#4 Old 15th May 2006 at 2:40 PM Last edited by tipoual : 15th May 2006 at 2:57 PM.
OOOOOOOOoooooh! these are fantastic!!! :clap:

I hope you will make the robe for teen female!
I remember that post, maybe it can be usefull:

Quote: Originally posted by Tustin2121
gildmuse, you don't have to make brand new meshes for the girls, just edit the meshes you have to look like a girl's body then re-export it the same way so it is on the boys. when you have your completed outfit for the girls (on the boys) use SimPE and change this one little proprty:

the proprty is either one or two, so which ever it is, switch it! (the pic is for a boy's clothing.)

BTW: this package file to edit is under the My Doc's Sims folder/SavedSims/ the pick the file that has your project name at the end. as in: 7feb390c_QuidditchOutfit.package
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th May 2006 at 3:54 PM
thank you for sharing! Something was missing in my HP world... now you made up for it!
Thanks again & again & again...

Sigh.....Sometimes I wish I was a Sim...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 15th May 2006 at 4:36 PM
wow! these are brilliant! thanks! =]

you got as close as anyone would ever get to the real thing

in desperate need of improving my rupert grint sim :|
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th May 2006 at 10:03 PM
These are quite lovely. Once again you have done a wonderful job.

(and it is nice to see a H/Hr supporter)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2006 at 12:19 AM
tipoual: I have no idea what that quote meant -_*. But thanks for the compliments

Lady_Isilnis: As soon as a trenchcoat mesh for teen females becomes available, you'll be sure I'll upload a recolour of it here But for now, I'll look around for one.

Canadian music: No hate, no façades, no fakes. Just good music.

Broken Social Scene, Arcade Fire, Joel Plaskett, Ron Sexsmith, Feist, Stars, K-OS, Metric, Sam Roberts, Sloan, Bell Orchestre, Sarah Harmer, The Most Serene Republic. Favs of mine.

H/H supporter :D
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th May 2006 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lady_darkshine
tipoual: I have no idea what that quote meant -_*. But thanks for the compliments

What she means by that quote is that it tells you how to convert the teen male trench coat to use with teen females - only problem is the neck, it looks very very odd!!
Instructor
#10 Old 16th May 2006 at 8:50 PM
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th May 2006 at 3:26 PM
When you upload the Female Teen Robes? I so want them!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 18th May 2006 at 6:23 PM
Wonderful! The clothing has Great texture and deatil.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th May 2006 at 8:47 AM
I love them! And you did get the ravenclaw colours right - they're blue and bronze in the book too.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th May 2006 at 12:46 PM
Thank you! Now I can put my students into houses!!! ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st May 2006 at 5:18 AM
Thanks for the compliments and gratitude, everyone! It means a lot :D

BluesAngel: Oh... right. Thanks. I'll change that in the discription. Somewhere on this site there was a pointless fight over what the Ravenclaw colours were, so I didn't want to bring the hassle over here.

Broken Social Scene, Arcade Fire, Joel Plaskett, Ron Sexsmith, Feist, Stars, K-OS, Metric, Sam Roberts, Sloan, Bell Orchestre, Sarah Harmer, The Most Serene Republic. Favs of mine.

Instructor
#16 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 3:51 PM
Oh wow! I love your potter stuffs! Will you do more???
Well, i hope that you can make the teen ones too. That is the best texture ever. Very impressive in the game!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 11:31 PM
I was looking around and it's not quite the same, but have you considered using "Chobits - Freya's black gothic dress" for the teen female's outfit? Take off the big sleeves and it should look great. Just an idea. Wish I could do clothing recolors to share but computer make them look horrible.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 5:35 AM
crimsonbutterfly: I looked at the skin your pointed out - it is the closest thing I've seen that matched the robes at all. I thought by 'big sleeves' you meant long, which I could fix. But, alas, there is no way in this life that I can make those sleeves any less puffy -_-

I'll check out this Sims PE thing. I'll make it work somehow. Thanks for the tip, though :D

Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 3:18 AM
They look SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good in the the Sims! I can't wait to see if you can make teen girl ones...it'll make my life complete! Or at least my Sim collection. ^^ Thanks for these...they are fantastic! <3
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Jun 2006 at 11:43 AM
These are such great robes. They look really excellent in the game. Thanks!!

"I feel better than a nice tub of good things"- Freakazoid!

Click here to play the most infectious online game ever. You'll never be the same. . . .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 6:07 AM
Teen Robes Coming SOON
OK, all. The Sims PE thing worked - I converted the young adult robes to teen, and they are usable. Only... since they were meant for adult, they do not look convincingly like robes for teen - they are a bit bulky. I will post them as soon as I get some snapshots of them nonetheless. I'll let you be the judge if you like them.

BUT in the light of all this Teen robe business, I've tried a new mesh for the female robes. It has more of an hourglass shape like they should have. They are a tad tricker to make - it included a shirt instead of pants in the original mesh - but with some alteration, they should look fab. I would have had them done by now, but my computer decided to crash and I lost interest for tonight

Stay tuned tomorrow for the teen robes and snapshots, and thanks so much for the compliments! :D

Instructor
#22 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 2:11 PM
Thank you! I can't wait to see them!
I hope you will do more, you are so talented! :clap:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 6:08 AM
The deed is done - female Teen robes are now available. PLEASE tell me if they work in your game - it would be VERY much appreciated.

Also, just a little note about my previous post - the new mesh I was working on for the female robes is a no-go. I tried it in the game and it was a disaster; the cloak would not move with the body. Nevertheless, the teen robes I have uploaded turned out to be much better than I anticipated. There's no wonky mistakes and it looks fairly convincing as a set of teen robes.

Again, please tell me if they work in your game. Thank you.

tipoual: Awwww, gee! Thanks! :D

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 5:19 AM Last edited by lady_darkshine : 11th Jun 2006 at 1:05 AM.
29 people have downloaded my female teen robes and someone has yet to tell me if they work properly.

Y'all are on the new adult site, aren't you???

Instructor
#25 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 1:29 AM
sorry, my computer had a power supply problem (affraid to lose everything...) but now, his back and i will open my game tomorrow to tell you!!!!
One week without computer in rainy days... that's awful!!!
Page 1 of 2