Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#1376 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 5:31 AM
I've been spending a good chunk of time playing Spelunky HD for the past month and a half. Currently working on a "Low Scorer" run (completing the game without collecting any money), which is harder than you'd think.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Advertisement
Theorist
#1377 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JillianWong
currently obsessed with Dragon Age:Inquisition

This. I'm totally addicted. Already put 100-hours into it in the past 2-weeks, and there's so much more gameplay left. Hadn't even been on MTS at all the past 2-weeks because I spent all my free time playing. I'm just back because Christmas/New Year break is over and I'm not at home so I can't play. Also pretty blown away by the graphics in it. Didn't really notice how good they are, till comparing my screenshots with the previous DA games and Bethesda games.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#1378 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 3:26 PM
Well, I am currently obsessed with Borderlands 2 and Warriors Orochi 3...

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Scholar
#1379 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 8:06 PM
Worms Armageddon.
Mad Poster
#1380 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 9:07 PM
Driver San Francisco has been keeping me busy lately, as well as The Sims 2. I've also found myself playing Gran Turismo 1 occasionally these last two weeks.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

#1381 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 10:24 PM Last edited by Mordecai and Rigby : 22nd Jan 2015 at 1:12 AM.
I got Assassin's Creed Unity for my birthday and it is AMAZING

EDIT: Well I can see why people called this "glitchy". At first I had no problems but now I have my first glitch: I dropped off of something and now I'm floating in midair.
Forum Resident
#1382 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 2:43 AM
Puzzle Pirates. An old MMORPG with a very clear title and a variety of puzzles. If you want to find me, look up Purpure on the Emerald server.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Scholar
#1383 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 10:57 PM
Rimworld

Im very addicted with this game atm, even though it is still in alpha stage. It is difficult to describe , but for anyone familiar with Dwarf Fortress or Prison Architect, they will recognise the gameplay.

You are crashed on a planet, trying to start a new colony. You build, craft, research to expand your base, while fighting off enemies or rabid animals. It has crappy top down smartphone graphics, but the gameplay just got to me. Your colonists come with random traits, skills and talents. And you get to recruit new ones, either by capturing attackers, buy clones from slave traders lol or crashed spacemen You don't control them directly, but set them to do tasks. And in an overview you can checkmark which tasks they are allowed to do. I tend to have favourite colonists that break my heart when they get seriously wounded by a raid from pirates or something lol. You get to plant crops to feed them, you have to trade for or craft clothes to deal with weather. It lets you earn money by trade, normal honest trade or evil organ/prisoners selling trade

Anyway, for anyone who loves simulation gameplay, base building etc , you might want to check it out. If only to keep an eye on it untill it leaves alpha. It will probably come to steam then too.
Scholar
#1384 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 4:46 AM
Final Fantasy 4
Mad Poster
#1385 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 7:10 AM
Super Mario 3D World...It's my first SMB game that doesn't involve me being offed by a Goomba within 10 seconds nor is it a RPG in that metaseries.

Just finished World 1 and working on trying to complete a level in World 2 without losing a bunch of lives. (I had 30 to start with and I'm down to 18) and I played the Captain Toad minigame in World 1. I had taken the advice from YouTube on how to finish the Captain Toad mini game in World 1. That helped me defeat Bowser (a majority of these lives lost were trying to fight Bowser and hence, the White Tanooki suit became available.) as I had trouble locating stars (again YouTube to the rescue)

Fun fact: Although the Goomba baddies were named to coordinate with Mario being an Italian plumber and Bowser being their boss, the root word involving their appearance, "gumbah" from Hungarian means "mushroom" (This was a common pet name from my mother as she's part Hungarian), although the original Japanese named "Kuriboh" roughly means "chestnut soldier"

Take note: I mainly use YouTube to do crafts for my projects. Also, I'm still working on the game to make EA take notice, which means programming in genders, sexualities, romantic programming, social groups, plants and animals.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Theorist
#1386 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 1:09 AM
Civilization V. Currently playing with my own people, the Dutch. Nice game (TBS history game), familiair with the earlier editions, where I until the introduction of my people almost always was the German people. Still two small things slightly annoy me:

1. the order of building cities seems illogical. It's based on the VOC Dutch with WIlliam the SIlent (roughly 1500-1800), but some important cities back then, and still reasonable important cities, are built after modern day major cities with hardly any existence or even non existing before WWII. 2. During this period Belgium was a part of our empire, until 1830, with even still a combined culture, including several important Flemish cities (Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent) in the Netherlands in this period. But I only can found nowadays Dutch cities..

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Scholar
#1387 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Civilization V. Currently playing with my own people, the Dutch. Nice game (TBS history game), familiair with the earlier editions, where I until the introduction of my people almost always was the German people. Still two small things slightly annoy me:

1. the order of building cities seems illogical. It's based on the VOC Dutch with WIlliam the SIlent (roughly 1500-1800), but some important cities back then, and still reasonable important cities, are built after modern day major cities with hardly any existence or even non existing before WWII. 2. During this period Belgium was a part of our empire, until 1830, with even still a combined culture, including several important Flemish cities (Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent) in the Netherlands in this period. But I only can found nowadays Dutch cities..

Antwerp and Brussels are city states in the game. So that would explain why you won't get them as citynames for your country. You will also find dubious and sometimes outright silly choices for citystates in civ 5. I wouldn't expect too much history accuracy from the civ games.

You can rename your cities btw if you want to make it more accurate.

EDIT : oops, misread Brugge, thought you wrote Brussels :p
Theorist
#1388 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Antwerp and Brussels are city states in the game. So that would explain why you won't get them as citynames for your country. You will also find dubious and sometimes outright silly choices for citystates in civ 5. I wouldn't expect too much history accuracy from the civ games.

You can rename your cities btw if you want to make it more accurate.

Yes, I know they are, because Antwerp is even my neighbour en close ally thanks to my spy. Although City States seem very random, because Brussels doesn't exist at all in my game with maximum City States. But it's not just this game, but in earlier editions, too.

Scholar
#1389 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:12 PM
Yes, I know they are, because Antwerp is even my neighbour en close ally thanks to my spy. Although City States seem very random, because Brussels doesn't exist at all in my game with maximum City States. But it's not just this game, but in earlier editions, too.

I never used that game setup option. Is that max amount of allowed city states? Or actually all city states, because that would mean loads lol.

At the bottom of this page you can find a list of possible city states in Civ 5.
Theorist
#1390 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 1:59 AM
Max. allowed. This list consists of way more than 41.

Theorist
#1391 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 3:45 PM
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell.
Feels pretty much like more of Saints Row 4 with a different "skin" on it and even sillier (and short) plot, but it is just as fun to play with a partner.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#1392 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:16 AM
I've been playing Team Fortress 2 for more than two months. Bought Steam Wallets to spend on keys and one weapon. Most fun I've so far had in years (just as long as the Spies don't keep on backstabbing me. That part scares me a lot xD)

The Random Simming (Mis)Adventures: A Simblr.

Currently playing Generation Two of the Senna Legacy Currently on a hiatus.

My current and former system specs and game settings can be found here. CC, mods and Store items are listed here.
Mad Poster
#1393 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 7:20 PM
Saints Row 2 has me quite occupied at the moment. It reminds me of how GTA used to be before Rockstar became obsessed with graphics and online multi-player.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Theorist
#1394 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 4:52 AM

A more ridiculous example: Wittenberg, an actually nowadays and back then German city is independent rather than part of the German empire within the game...

Norwegian/Danish cities (Denmark) and Irish/UK/French cities (Celts) could be part of a single empire, but above seems too much work...

Inventor
#1395 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 3:26 PM
TS2 and CS, obviously, but also:

The Stanley Parable
It's from 2011/13, but I completely missed it at the time. It can safely be described as an exploration game; beyond that, you're on your own.
The good news: it can easily be beaten on the first try and in about 10 minutes. My advice: leave it at that, deinstall it and forget all about it.
The bad news: you won't.
Test Subject
#1396 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 2:37 AM
I don't play a lot of PC games besides Sims. My boyfriend and I got a PS4 a while back and we play it a lot. I'm super addicted to Grand Theft Auto V, and I've always played the previous GTA games. I also got Far Cry 4 when it came out and I was addicted to it for some reason, until I finished the story. I really don't like shooters like COD but those two games get me playing for hours upon hours lol. I also have a Nintendo 64 that I got on eBay brand new in the box for a steal. I play Donkey Kong on it and Super Mario 64 I'm trying to find Super Smash Bros but it's so expensive! I also played Minecraft for a while on Xbox 360 and then on PS4, but I got bored of it.
Definitely I think GTA V is my favorite game ever though. I've played the story mode like 10 times and I play online with all kinds of awesome friends that I've met! )))
Top Secret Researcher
#1397 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 2:32 PM
I'm currently obsessed with Life is strange... second episode was so goddamn good! This game is more than a High scool, teenage girl, drama story. This is such good mystery... If you just play for the sake of the story, you will miss on possible evidences about the missing girl... That's what I love about this game: Every single thing matters!

BTW, I've been enjoying The Stanley Parable and Lucius lately... one has a humor that suites my tastes and the other one is pure fooling around with human lives (Buahahaha)
Theorist
#1398 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 4:11 AM
Killing Floor, but mostly online with a small group.

Test Subject
#1399 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 3:34 AM
Currently obsessed with Destiny, Dragon Age Inquisition, and The Sims 2 (again).
Scholar
#1400 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 10:02 AM
I'm obsessed with Sims 2 (of course!), Mass Effect 3 (Multiplayer) and soon with Dragon Age Inquisition too!

Page 56 of 63