Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#1476 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I didn't realize Selena Gomez worked for EA. Is she an intern?

Both do shitty job, doesn't matter :p
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1477 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cupcub
Has there ever been a case where a new life stage was just added in an EP before?

I personally don't think it's ever going to happen in TS4, but we'll remember your comment on how "toddlers would certainly be the first priority" when the first EP comes out, which I'm sure will be called "Toddlers, Swimming Pools And Everything Else: You want it - You got it!"

That happened in TS2 with Young Adults, but they were primarily limited to playability in the University towns. I did have one Sim that ended up being my co founder I met through the matchmaker that was a YA and she grew up when moved in.

I guess we'll see.
Field Researcher
#1478 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:31 PM
Has there ever been a case where a new life stage was just added in an EP before?

I personally don't think it's ever going to happen in TS4, but we'll remember your comment on how "toddlers would certainly be the first priority" when the first EP comes out, which I'm sure will be called "Toddlers, Swimming Pools And Everything Else: You want it - You got it!"

Sims 2 University, and if you're going to talk about new animations etc, may I point you to the fact that EA did make horses once.
Mad Poster
#1479 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
Hey folks - just dropping in really quickly. I didn't realize teen height was still being debated; thought it was fairly clear from the pictures and recent videos. Yes the teens are the same height as the adults. They have lighter frames than their adult counterparts, less curvy figures, and a bit more youthful pudge (not pudding ) added to their faces.

Why could you tell us that but earlier today Grant went "No comment! Stop asking!"
Instructor
#1480 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:34 PM
I don't exactly feel like EA deserves the defense, but it is worth noting that the regular edition of the game is listed at $60 USD. It's the "deluxe" edition or whatever that's 70 bucks.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Alchemist
#1481 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Why could you tell us that but earlier today Grant went "No comment! Stop asking!"

Grant is locked in a box where he doesn't get to see other SimGurus. He confirms "all" life stages from the Sims 3 and Ryan takes it back. He says "no comment" on teens being as tall as adults and Graham confirms it. According to him, they all have their "portion" of the game to work on.

That's probably why the whole thing is a mess.

Now if only I could get locked in that box with Grant. He'd be a lot less cranky.
Mad Poster
#1482 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Splinterz
What do you think sims open and close car doors as in The Sims 2?

First they have to say sims own cars. We don't know if the cars are deco/phantom/figment of the imagination.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#1483 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cece15624
I feel that those interactions would fit perfectly within the teen lifestage. I went threw most of that in my teen years, I personally think it would be more fun, and their reactions to certain things like pimples, and or the "emotional" effect on their moodswings would not only be a cool experience but it would feel more like The Sims; The kid in the google pic doesn't look to be 10-12/13 to me either which is what pre-teen is.

I want the stages themselves to be more relatable, not because they are in the teen stage for example but because of what they do in that stage. If a sim woke up one morning and was brushing his teeth or checking himself out and noticed acne I would like him to let out a sigh and get back to what he was doing. Its more of the little things that matter to me. I really hope that "The Talk" interaction isn't the same as chat interaction but with a different name on the pie menu.

Well, I couldn't find a better pic due to my unawareness of the terms bum-fluff and peach fuzz. :b
I guess I might suffer from Sims 4 denial. Teens just seem like they're in their final stages of adolescence and I was so used to the previous teens that it's weird to me. They're so...tall. D: teenagers could have some of the pre-teen options and new exclusive interactions (I'm remembering the Generations EP). Pre-teens would be more innocent teens.
Lab Assistant
#1484 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:37 PM

Well, technically, Young Adult was an EP-introduced life stage--they were just relegated to a specific world with Sims 2: University. It wasn't until Sims 3 that Young Adults were part of the overall experience. So, to answer your question: yes!

My guess is that, with the Sims 4 engine, they're making drastic EP integration much friendlier to the game. It's very likely that some of the code references already exist for toddlers, but isn't fleshed out enough for launch, so could be more easily added than unplanned content. More "planned code hooks" would also make sense from a DLC/micro-transaction perspective, as well. Not that I'm a fan the latter, but with the success of the Sims 3 store and it's exclusive towns and content, I doubt very much that it will go away for Sims 4.
Lab Assistant
#1485 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:37 PM
I'm still in disbelief but how hard would it be to mod teens shorter now?

We got a height slider in 3. We have to be able to do it in 4.

I don't care if animations clip this is an actual issue.
Mad Poster
#1486 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:38 PM
Pre-teen and middle age should have been the next step in the Sims series but no, not only did they take out an age group (toddlers) they make it were teens-elders are now the same height.

EA you really screwed it over now.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#1487 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
Hey folks - just dropping in really quickly. I didn't realize teen height was still being debated; thought it was fairly clear from the pictures and recent videos. Yes the teens are the same height as the adults. They have lighter frames than their adult counterparts, less curvy figures, and a bit more youthful pudge (not pudding ) added to their faces.

Also, in a game where we can control every curve on a sim's body, how are we expected to know whether or not a sim isn't curvy enough to be an adult? Your sim, for example, doesn't look all that different from the teens we've seen. He looks younger than some of them actually. Do you know how many people are gonna accidentally hit on teens now XD
Lab Assistant
#1488 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pkessler
Middle-aged is just that...in the middle. What you describe is 60s, but unless you live to be 120, your 60s aren't really your middle-age.

Not necessarily so. I'll be 46 when my youngest child will be grown and leaving the nest. 46 is rather different than 60. And if/when you're approaching your 40's, I'm willing to wager you'll agree with me wholeheartedly. And I do think 46 could be described as middle-aged.

And, come to think of it, there is a big difference between the ages of 60 and 80+, as well.

I grant you, perhaps the label "middle-aged" isn't adequate here. But the adult life stage in TS4 is meant to represent a period starting in the mid-twenties, and that's (hopefully) not middle-aged, either. Especially if we're speaking in literal terms.

Regardless. I don't want to get hung up on semantics. The point that I was trying to make was that there is a rather substantial stage of life between child-raising and being elderly, and if we're discussing the possibility of adding new life stages for our Sims, I wouldn't be against seeing this one represented in the game.
Field Researcher
#1489 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KlutzWobbles
I grant you, perhaps the label "middle-aged" isn't adequate here. But the adult life stage in TS4 is meant to represent a period starting in the mid-twenties, and that's (hopefully) not middle-aged, either. Especially if we're speaking in literal terms.

I doubt it's any different from TS3, when that's the age that sims get wrinkles and both YA and adults by default spend the same amount of time in the stage.
Test Subject
#1490 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:45 PM
Oh, awesome. I just read somewhere that the game won't have pt-pt translation and probably some others. I guess EA really wants to lower their profits worldwide.
Top Secret Researcher
#1491 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:49 PM
So that information about Maxis "being completely mismanaged" is more than true. It's totally real and is eating game contents. In fact, it's eating up whole game.
dodgy builder
#1492 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:50 PM
Since it's an american company we could sue them for not saying the same, I bet that would make them cooperate with each other.

I just read on simsvip it's been confirmed it's just 32 bit, apparently it's pretty uncommon for games these days with 64 bit ...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#1493 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
Before we add pregnancy-gate to our ever growing list of things that we're freaking out about. Graham didn't go into detail. He didn't walk us through the sim pregnancy.. so let's just give it all the benefit of the doubt.

But that's what we did last time and look how that turned out.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#1494 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:55 PM
We are out of benefits and full of doubts. Fuck you, EA.
Top Secret Researcher
#1495 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 10:59 PM
We are out of benefits and full of doubts. Fuck you, EA.

Let's not make blanket statements like this. I am angry too, but we need to have some focus in our criticism for it to be taken seriously.
Alchemist
#1496 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
Let's not make blanket statements like this. I am angry too, but we need to have some focus in our criticism for it to be taken seriously.

EA is beyond the point of taking anyone seriously.
Lab Assistant
#1497 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 11:08 PM
Some guys have peach fuzz on their butt cheeks.

Or, apparently, bum-fluff on their faces.

(I think I prefer the term peach fuzz, now that we've drawn these lovely mental pictures.)
Retired
retired moderator
#1498 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 11:08 PM

I agree. We need to be more than angry, we need to be organised and constructive. The gurus are on the defensive, but also objects of quite a bit of sympathy, and the community is raging quite out of control. The reaction has spread to FB and even Kotaku's comments section, where it is universally hostile to EA. Night Simmer's Change.org petition to include toddlers and pools in the base game picked up over 2000 sigs in its first 24 hours, and the "delay" petition on the forum, which isn't as accessible, has hit over 260 within a similar amount of time. People are claiming to cancel their preorders everywhere, and if they are actually following through on those claims, EA can't ignore it.

I wouldn't put it past EA to push the game out anyway, but the game is looking more and more like a kamikaze mission. I'm inclined to suspect even EA's execs aren't this foolish.

But EA's execs are inclined to shock me.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#1499 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 11:08 PM

Yeah, I said the same thing when CASt was confirmed cut

Look at it now
Forum Resident
#1500 Old 26th Jun 2014 at 11:09 PM
To me it's not just the lack of pools that doesn't sit right with me. All forms of swimming is gone, be it in a pool or the ocean. No swimwear, no hotubs. Not even a silly little paddling pool...

Get ready for that stuff pack/ DLC based entirely on pools and swimming, guys...
Locked thread
Page 60 of 920