Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:35 AM
That is what I found, Jo - but I am still experimenting.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#102 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:38 AM
Yeah, I don't like that. I'm thinking of trying Gadwin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#103 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:41 AM
I have never used Fraps, so I cannot tell you if it is better or not
Top Secret Researcher
#104 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 4:58 PM
You can change the key it uses for taking shots. And the folder it points to. Its all in the preferences. Just go through the preferences tab by tab. Set the key for a Window screenshot, not full screen.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yeah, I don't like that. I'm thinking of trying Gadwin.

Gadwin doesn't do full screen on Win 7. I had to start using Fraps to take in-game pictures since I play in full screen and couldn't get Gadwin to take full screen pictures. The free version of Fraps does let you change the button pressed to take a picture (in the Screenshot section), and it goes to the Fraps folder.
Mad Poster
#106 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:16 PM
Crisps&Kerosene's 1t2 Produce Stand - it is designed to sell Seasons fruit/vegetables (individually or in bulk in 5's, 10's or 25's) when used on an unowned community lot....
Mad Poster
#107 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Gadwin doesn't do full screen on Win 7. I had to start using Fraps to take in-game pictures since I play in full screen and couldn't get Gadwin to take full screen pictures. The free version of Fraps does let you change the button pressed to take a picture (in the Screenshot section), and it goes to the Fraps folder.

Actually, I just took a full screen shot in Sims 2 with Gadwin. (I have Windows 10, but I do not think that will matter). I simply opened it before I opened the game. I then clicked the icon again to bring up the menu, and started Sims 2, and voila! the screenshot came out nice and clear. It still minimizes the game, though, so that you can accept the screenshot - I will see if I can find a way to change that. But I do like the way Gadwin works and I think between Windows 10 screenshots and Gadwin, I will be fine

I have now experimented quite a bit - even tried Frapps too - and I think I will stay with Gadwin.
Mad Poster
#108 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:44 PM
Oooh! Thank you Laurate! My sims 1 conversions always seem to be lacking.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#109 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
You can change the key it uses for taking shots. And the folder it points to. Its all in the preferences. Just go through the preferences tab by tab. Set the key for a Window screenshot, not full screen.

That isn't the issue, putting my game down is, especially during a cutscene. If that is what is does I can't use it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#110 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Actually, I just took a full screen shot in Sims 2 with Gadwin. (I have Windows 10, but I do not think that will matter).

It does matter. I have Windows 7 and never have been able to get a full screen shot with Gadwin. They may have changed something between Windows 7 and Windows 10 to let Gadwin get the full screen shot, but I have to use Fraps to get a full screen shot (and cut scene screen shots.)
Top Secret Researcher
#111 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That isn't the issue, putting my game down is, especially during a cutscene. If that is what is does I can't use it.

It doesn't put the game down if you change your settings to do window screenshot . And disable notifications, and make it automatically point to a folder.

Look at the settings.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#112 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 10:27 PM
Okay. how do I do all of that?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#113 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:04 AM
I hope I don't hurt feelings here, but maybe it's time to start another thread dedicated to to this screen-grabby thing. I'm sorry, please don't take offense; I'm just thinking that your discussion about it has sort of taken on a life of its own and deserves its own thread with a title that will draw in others who have questions about it. I, myself, got confused along about the second entry and decided to never try to use any of the programs mentioned because of my innate stupidity about all things computer. But others probably could use the info you guys are disseminating. :lovestruc

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#114 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
because of my innate stupidity about all things computer.

This is me, even downloading the thing gave me anxiety because I knew, I knew it would give me grief. <_< And it didn't fail to deliver! Another thread is also a very good idea. My stupidity involves more than computers it involves anything at least bit electric gadgety/ remote controlled activated.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#115 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I hope I don't hurt feelings here, but maybe it's time to start another thread dedicated to to this screen-grabby thing. I'm sorry, please don't take offense; I'm just thinking that your discussion about it has sort of taken on a life of its own and deserves its own thread with a title that will draw in others who have questions about it. I, myself, got confused along about the second entry and decided to never try to use any of the programs mentioned because of my innate stupidity about all things computer. But others probably could use the info you guys are disseminating. :lovestruc

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=570549

There is one. I asked about this sorta thing a few days ago
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#116 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 2:03 AM
Must have not noticed. Thanks for the link.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#117 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 5:36 AM
Jo, pm me and I'll try to help. I didn't want to keep taking over the thread and I'm not home right now. It'll be better that way.

Instructor
#118 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 6:11 AM
So I'd been avoiding this thread because I knew that I'd go on an insane download frenzy but I was laying in bed and couldn't sleep so I thought, "eh, I'll just take a tiny peek." Worst. Decision. Ever. How am I going to sleep knowing all of these amazing downloads are waiting for my game!?!?!?

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#119 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 9:28 AM
You can sleep when you're dead. Right now is SHOPPING time!

Scholar
#120 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Crisps&Kerosene's 1t2 Produce Stand - it is designed to sell Seasons fruit/vegetables (individually or in bulk in 5's, 10's or 25's) when used on an unowned community lot....

Looks quite cool.
Only unowned lots though?
Mad Poster
#121 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amura
Looks quite cool.
Only unowned lots though?

From reading the description I *think* that it works on owned lots as well, but I'm not sure. I haven't had the chance to try it out in game yet. I rarely play owned shops, so I am most excited about being able to use it on unowned community lots - there are other ways to sell the Seasons crops on owned lots, anyway. But I do hope it works on both! :-)
Instructor
#122 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 1:53 AM
EddySims just uploaded a default replacement computer screen on his tumblr! It's gorgeous! You can find it here!

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#123 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 2:02 AM
Bullguard blocked the download link.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#124 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 9:45 PM
I uploaded the complete Cast away set items and conversions at my tumblr + pictures of each set. No more searching a million links and web pages!

http://doll-housefiction.tumblr.com/
Mad Poster
#125 Old 19th Jan 2016 at 4:19 PM
Thank you! You are always thinking of us. BTW, which of the people in your avi is you?

Page 5 of 119