Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blukompressor
I don't miss the random pirate chanting from Bon Voyage, and I also don't miss how everyone always fought in TS2.

I also don't miss having to water the flowers. The gardening is one thing, but I like that we don't have to water just the flowers

Haha Pirate Chanting so true- and tai chi!! My sims would be managing their businesses, supposedly selling stuff, and then randomly starting performing tai chi, and then all the customers would join in!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:25 PM
that damm slap dance, although i never minded the smustle
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:04 PM
More!:

Nonstop autonomous birdwatching.
"HAY ARE WE STILL FRIENDS???" messages.
Harassed via phone for magazine subscriptions. (That's a little TOO much realism, EA.)
Waiting for half your sim's lifetime for the right damn career to pop up on the newspaper/computer.
Poorly-implemented reputation system where actually talking with people decreased it, but publicly making out and having sex made people want to give you $3000 TVs.
Not being able to let my kids go outside in fear of the social worker sweeping them up for TEMPERATURE NEGLECT.
WOW YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD DATE LET ME GIVE YOU A HOT TUB
Exercising on equipment until complete motive failure is achieved and your sim passes out right next to the bike.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:24 PM
I don't miss the loading screens and honestly, I don't miss the miss match aging when I wasn't playing certian Sims. Oh yeah, I don't miss not know what my Sims work place or school looks like. I'm hopping EA has something in mind to enhance that some more.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#30 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:00 PM
Quote:
WOW YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD DATE LET ME GIVE YOU A HOT TUB

Really? I admit the money just comes from everywhere in TS3, but I miss dating in general (I know, TS3 EP2) and the wacky gifts. Especially the wacky lame gifts like lamps. 'cause nothing says I *heart* you like a torchiere.
Test Subject
#31 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:01 PM
I do not miss:

my sims having to GO TO the dresser, tv, radio, etc to change something

the "woke up early" temper tantrum

fugly townies with stupid names

my sims' motives emptying almost as soon as they stepped onto a community lot

loading screens for every goddamn thing. A note about this one: even my loading times for the game and switching houses or to/from the CAS are faster, and I only had the Sims 2 base game and about a gig of CC.

how hard it was to meet other sims (i like the way the other sims congregate in public and how easy it is to make friends without me hanging over the sim's shoulder telling it what to say, how to stand, how loud to breathe, etc)

the stupid personality points system. i LOVE the traits system.
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie

"I'm starving to death. I'm too tired to eat. I fall asleep in my food and keep starving to death. Wake me up, I will whine about hunger for so long that I pass out again and keep starving to death."

This seriously made me laugh out loud.....oh, sims, you weird little creatures.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Really? I admit the money just comes from everywhere in TS3, but I miss dating in general (I know, TS3 EP2) and the wacky gifts. Especially the wacky lame gifts like lamps. 'cause nothing says I *heart* you like a torchiere.

I liked dating, but the system was just way too easy to abuse. If I played a 50 Dream Date LTW sim, all I had to do was latch onto one rich suitor, dream date like mad, and furnish my entire house with money to spare. Not to mention the fact that she would pretty much never have to eat or sleep.

I'm looking forward to its return in Sims 3, but I'm hoping for smaller gifts and having to check my motives occasionally.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Thought of another one. While the "mandatory family leave" ticks me off, I do like how pregnant TS3 sims aren't constantly on the verge of dropping dead. I hated how the hunger/toilet/energy bars would tank and if I wasn't very careful, I'd get in the awful loop of

"I'm starving to death. I'm too tired to eat. I fall asleep in my food and keep starving to death. Wake me up, I will whine about hunger for so long that I pass out again and keep starving to death."

That only seemed to happen with some Sims for me. Nina, for example, seemed to have some pretty nasty pregnancies, but her sister Dina seemed to get along just fine.

But either way, yeah, that was annoying.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamzack
I do not miss:

the "woke up early" temper tantrum

I thought that that had only existed in TS1. I guess this means my TS2 sims always got plenty of sleep...
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 12:14 AM
I most definitely don't miss weather. As awesome as it was when I first bought Seasons, the snow was so freaking annoying (I hate snow IRL, too!) and eventually I just created my 'hoods without Winter. I'd just double fall or summer. I do, however, miss the gardening in TS2

I don't miss the load screens. I love being able to have my Sim walk to the grocery store or jog to the park seamlessly. It's so awesome!

I don't miss the dumb "You have to have 157345340 friends in order to get promoted!" crap. No Friends For Careers hack = my bff.

And I don't miss the blue barf from preggo Sims. In TS3, the barf is GREEN! HOOOORAY!! Haha.

Oh, and I don't miss having to buy every single outfit you own to change clothes. In TS3, I love being able to wear whatever I want without buying it
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I don't miss playing "find the homework on the floor."

I so do not miss that either. I had one family that the kids for some reason dropped their homework outside of the house in an area that was hard to see because it was hidden by shrubs. I looked all over for that stupid homework. lol After that I fixed the hiding spot. They must have really been determined not to do it.
Inventor
#38 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:13 AM
Well, I'm still trying to play Sims 2 as well as playing Sims 3 but my Sims 2 keeps crashing after a while when playing. So I don't miss the crashing in Sims 2, while playing Sims 3. Or the loading times or the annoying neighbors walking by all the time, wanting to talk or dropping in when you are busy (like having a romantic moment between a married couple). I don't miss the constant thunderstorms that seem to happen all the time, much more often than having nice weather. So I hope that EA doesn't waste an EP on adding weather to Sims 3, unless they make it more balanced and more realistic. Not everywhere in the world does it rain constantly, only certain places.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:46 AM
Well now I think I want to play ts3, it sounds much better. Please give me more reasons to get the game.
However one question do you miss the cc from sims 2? Or is the cc for 3 just as good or not really needed.
Trying to decide if I want the game or not.
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:14 AM
I am with you on the loading screen aspect. I absolutely love watching my sim ride their bike, jog, etc. I would buy this solely based on the fact that we aren't taking 10+ minutes to start the game up. I did have like a gig of cc with sims 2 though. Hopefully sims 3 won't be affected by a ton of cc. "fingers crossed that we get cc"
Test Subject
#41 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 3:21 AM
I must say the biggest plus for me so far in the loading screen time, however I'm sure when the custom content gets to masses like it did with TS2, we will again see monumental loading times.

So far since playing almost everyday since the games release I like almost everything about it over TS2...what I am disappointed in is the fact that you cannot go into all community lots. I miss going into the grocery store and shopping and such...I think also it would be kind of neat when you tour city hall or the military base to actually get to see inside of the buildings LOL.

I do really dig the open neighborhood though, being able to just stroll down the street or down the beach for several "sim miles" without having to load lot after lot! I do wish there were an option to swim in the ocean too.
Test Subject
#42 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:25 AM
One thing I don't miss:

Baby cries in its crib.

Everyone in the house goes, "THE BABY IS CRYING OH MY LORD IN HEAVEN THE BABY IS CRYING WE MUST GO TO THE BABY. OH THE BABY, I MUST GET THE BABY, GIVE ME THE BABY NOW. PUT THE BABY DOWN AND LET ME GET THE BABY."

And the ever popular:

"OMG SWINGSET! They put a SWINGSET IN THE YARD I MUST GO SWING. Work? PFFF. FOOD??? Who needs food THERE'S A SWINGSET. I will SIMPLY PEE WHILE ON THE SWINGSET."
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:57 AM
  • The mind-controlling smustle was annoying. When one sim started, the whole room was dancing like monkeys.
    Loading screens!!!!
    The blockiness of sims' faces. I like how Trois's sims have that round, smooth look to them.
    The lighting was unrealistic. When my sims stood by a window, it would look like the Sun was right outside their house.
    The invincible social worker. As soon as a child's temperature dropped, BAM!, there she was.
    Nannies. I've never had any as bad as some people here have described, but Trois's babysitters are more efficient. And they vary in age and gender.
    Taking care of the flowers. I'd always have a yard full of wilted beds.
    The guitar/piano/bass/drums/Myshuno!/pinball/kicky ball/champagne obsessions.
    How their eyes would randomly turn into pupilless rectangles from time to time. Was very creepy.
    High-mantinence employees. Be serious; who'd call into work saying "I don't feel like coming in today."and their boss will just accept the excusee without question?

It's hard to talk about EPs since we have no remakes to see if anything's changed.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:09 AM
I haven't seen it yet in TS3, but something that always creeped me out was when the sim would look at you randomly.

@ inabisim: the swingset thing is SO true. i completely stopped using it bc of it, and your description totally made me lawl.

@ kewpie: I don't know how many times my pregnant sims would die from starvation. even while i was watching them...they'd get in that cycle that you could never get out of!
Instructor
#45 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
...I like how Trois's sims have that round, smooth look to them...

...Nannies. I've never had any as bad as some people here have described, but Trois's babysitters are more efficient.

So, I read this and asked myself, "Who the EFF is Trois?!"

...And then I remembered my freshman year French classes.

(I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer this evening.)

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
So, I read this and asked myself, "Who the EFF is Trois?!"

...And then I remembered my freshman year French classes.

(I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer this evening.)

LOL I knew someone would ask what I was talking about. I love writing and typing in French. Suck at speaking it though.

inabisim: How could I forget about the baby obsession? Sometimes, my sims would have to wait in line to hold their own baby! Sims are so dense; wouldn't you find it suspicious if someone greets you then heads straight to your baby's nursery?

Two more:
  • Ghosts scaring everyone every night was overkill. Made me move graves as soon as a sim died. Although strange, I like how ghosts are human like now.
    When Family sims would 'Fear Getting Caught Cheating'. You're a Family sim, you shouldn't be cheating in the first place! 'Catch Spouse Cheating' would have been a much more appropriate fear.
Scholar
Original Poster
#47 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:43 AM
Quote:
Ghosts scaring everyone every night was overkill. Made me move graves as soon as a sim died. Although strange, I like how ghosts are human like now.

The ghosts drove me nuts! I play legacy style and I had all sorts of issues with the ghosts -- like why would the wonderful nice loving grandma suddenly become evil and torment and scare her loved ones when she died? Also, hello mister Legacy founder, it's been 4 or 5 generations since you died. Why are you still angry that your crappy little cheap bed got deleted?
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:50 AM
Totally agree kewpie. Sim ghosts should've at least acted by their Nice/Grumpy points. Like you said, Grandma wouldn't go scaring the same family she baked a cake for a few days earlier.
Test Subject
#49 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 6:23 AM
The Sims 3 is so much better than 2.
Test Subject
#50 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:59 AM
i don't miss:

1. the only family that's aging
2. friends always ringing up nagging about not calling them
3. being always stuck at one lot at a time
4. sims slapping u when u use the telescope during the day
5. fears
6. not able to take your babies out...
7. making friends to get promotion
8. not able to reach friends when they r at work
9. tending garden when sometimes even the gardener can't get the work done!!

there could b more... but that's all i can think of for now
Page 2 of 12