Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Celebrating WHITE!- Default Replacements for Almost All Celebrations Outfits

by Phaenoh Posted 19th Jan 2008 at 3:48 AM - Updated 8th Sep 2008 at 5:50 AM by Phaenoh

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Scholar
#26 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 4:29 PM
Thank you for brightening the colors of these (and all!) of the default colors that you've done thus far.
I don't understand Maxis' continual use of drab and faded colors. I absolutely hated the colors in the female workout clothes!
Thanks especially for fixing that! Bright colors make you feel good.

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#27 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 1:28 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
These are gorgeous! However, I can't get the .rar file in one piece, it always comes up "blah blah file is corrupt, unexpected end of archive" when I try to unzip it. And it's only for the dresses. The tuxes work fine. I think it's the server being stupid, but I thought you may want to know.

Edit: *gasp shock horror* They work. Finally.
Not actually evil.
#28 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 5:38 AM
Your motto should be "Making Maxis Better!", seriously. I'm amazed by all the default replacements, I mean the ones for Celebrations alone must have taken hours! When do you sleep?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
When do you sleep?
I dont.

Between making sim stuff and doing all my art school stuff, I've stopped sleeping regular hours. Right now I've managed to screw up my sleep schedule enough that I've literally been nocturnal for a week and a half now. I wake up between 6-9pm, and do my homework and simstuff till its time to go to class at 9am. At noon, I come home and crash. Rinse and repeat. I'm always tired though, peoples weren't meant to be nocturnal. Though if I get my homework done soon I'll go to bed before class. Its hard to get back to normal hours once you are this far off.

Actually, I get so much done because I don't have a life right now. All I do is eat, sleep, school, and sim, with the first two being more or less infrequent.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 3:19 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 29th Feb 2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Converted to a 'thanks' post.
Thanks to all your beautiful default replacements I'm a step closer to playing the sims 90% CC free, as I've always wanted to do. Thankyou.
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 10:57 AM
Hi Phaenoh!

I wanted to add my thanks to you for your hard work. Your mods are beautiful, and I use almost all of them in my game. The person above who said your work is essential to their gameplay is right on; I feel that way as well. Also, thanks for adding the toddler mesh, that dress was giving me the willies. I have one question, (you could sense this, right? ) however. Would you be willing to consider a mesh mod of the wedding dress with the colored stripe down the back? The gap at the bustline is just awful, sitting out there 6 inches from the sim's torso. Or maybe I just know nothing about wedding dress fashion, hehe. No worries if you aren't interested, but it never hurts to ask! Either way, thank you again for sharing all your lovely work with us. I truely appreciate it!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 4:20 PM
I had originally planned on doing it, but then I got sidetracked and just wanted this one finished (it was BIG). I'll think about it again, though if I don't do it this weekend I prolly won't be doing it anytime soon, perhaps in my next round of updates though.
Test Subject
#33 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 11:48 PM
Thank you for the response, that was quick. And hooray that you'll consider! But take your time. I'm not in any hurry...I'll just keep an eye on your sig. Have a great weekend!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 12:45 AM
Thank you so much Phaenoh! I love your default stuff (especially the base game ones, but these celebrations ones are awesome too!). I really love your modifications!
Test Subject
#35 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 8:51 PM
Wonderful replacements! I love touched up Maxis stuff. :D
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 5:51 AM
These are great, especially the toddler mesh fix.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 6:02 PM
Celebration is one of my favourite SP (the winner is still K&B Heeee;p) and I really like it. But your are right, some of those colours were plain ugly

Thank you for this default

Regards
Field Researcher
#38 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 5:50 AM
I have Celebrations. I think I got it for the hair or something (as that is why I get most of the stuff packs), because I don't really use these dresses. Don't know why, but the color may very well be a large part of it, since I don't like the off white eh of many of them. We'll see what happens after this. Thanks for making this.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 8th Dec 2008 at 5:04 PM
These are fantastic
Test Subject
#40 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 7:48 AM
I hardly ever comment, but this made my life. I somehow missed this, which means I've missed far too much time of actually being able to use my Celebrations dresses. White dresses instead of... oddly gray-beige wedding dress = amazing.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 6:10 PM
Faded formalwear = not formalwear.

Necromancy is Good
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Nov 2009 at 8:55 PM
finally!!! im not the only one who noticed the puffy chest toddler!!!! tysvm
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 14th May 2010 at 7:52 AM
Amazing, absolutely amazing!
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:58 PM
Yay! My simmies can finally get married without looking like they dragged their entire family through a swamp on their way to the wedding arch! Thanks so much for all your great defaults
Test Subject
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 2:55 AM
Yay, it wasn't my eyes! I'm not the only one that thinks white should be white. Maybe they were using the wrong laundry detergent....
Instructor
THANKS POST
#46 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:10 AM
Brilliant recolours! I've had the Celebration dresses on auto-ignore ever since CS came out, but now I'm looking forward to actually using them. A great idea that's very nicely done!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:44 PM
I absolutely love all of your default fixes.. this one is my favorite... and i love how you make the maxis originals look even better =] thank you sooo much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 3:10 PM
I love this! This is way betterr thnx!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 4:06 AM
thank you so much I had no idea what I was going to do with all those grey dresses. your awesome
Banned
THANKS POST
#50 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 4:49 AM
Awesome! Nice replacements!
Page 2 of 2