Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Kingdom of Niua Simoa - World and Population (base game compatible)

by kiwi_tea Posted 28th Jan 2010 at 12:30 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2010 at 10:25 PM by kiwi_tea

409 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 375 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 17
Theorist
#51 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:52 PM
wOw, this is really good.
the first custom hood I plan on keeping and building on too.

I wish I could remove the satellite dish and water tower though.
Then it would effectively be Sims 3: Castaway Stories.
other than that, great.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#52 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:50 PM
channTL has made a "namefile", you can look on, here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=360297
and I think, he describes how to create one yourself using a tool of his here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=360093
The problem is, you need thousands and I mean thousands of names to completely replace the ones from the base game. I'm trying to make a german namefile myself at the moment, so I know, how much work it is and I fully understand, if you don't want to do it. But if you still want to, it would be absolutely great. :D
Instructor
#53 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:51 PM
Thanks! And no worries, I can't speak for the other posters but I'm just not at all tech savvy, so the .world file is the easiest solution I seem to have found, without having to mess with the bin files.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#54 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:56 PM
Default This upload is ACTUALLY base game.
It installs and works without any issues for me, and I have 1.8.25 – no WA. I installed it simply by doubleclicking, with the EA launcher, noting special at all. I haven't actually played in it, just scrolled around a bit and looked at the beautiful landscaping, but I can make new worlds from it, save them, open them again .. there is no problem with the files that I can see.

I came across two small glitches with the sidewalks … I hope you can tell from the pics where this is, one should be obvious (right next to one of the Barnoid houses), the other one (the little disconnect) is somewhere along the path that leads up to the main hill.

I love the completely over-the-top prices of land on the small island! =D I attached a screenshot of that just as a reference on how the reefs look – for me they're displaying (I think? I haven't doublechecked how your screenshots look exactly); I have an 8600M GT with is rather low spec for this game.

Thank you for this upload. It is very impressive, and I'm honoured to have my lots in there. =) I'm also happy to see you've put some gay folks in there without portraying them as sex maniacs or eccentric nutbags (sadly this isn't the norm).
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:54 PM
Could someone give me a quick tip on how they install using the .world file, so that I can update the install instructions to accommodate that? It's not a method I've used myself.

Edit: Thanks plasticbox. I caught that first glitch with the roads too late (after I'd uploaded). It's fixed in the WA version, but considering the backtracking I'd have to do to fix it in this, I think it's just an unfortunate imperfection that will remain. The chink in the hill road I hadn't spotted. Looking in CAW they're technically joined, so it won't affect routing, but it is ugly. I'll sort that out in the WA version as well!

That's how the reefs should display. They look a bit ugly from map view, but so does everything. Unavoidable, but they look fine in-game.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#56 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:55 PM
I, once again, agree with jay. I cant wait for the uploaded .world! However, the main reason of this post is just to tell you that you are on my Favourite Creators List and Niua Simoa is one of my Favourite Downloads! Thanks so much again, cant wait for Rawr Atoll to be uploaded!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Instructor
#57 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 2:58 PM
For .world files, dont quote me, but I believe that they are just put in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Installed Worlds. Then they show up under the drop down when creating a new save. DOnt quote me on this, however, Im not quite sure.

Forum Resident
#58 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:03 PM Last edited by Slipslop : 28th Jan 2010 at 3:24 PM.
I just tested this world out, it looks really nice and the shape of the whole island really looks natural. The whole vulcano island, palm trees and beach ambience is really great and completely different to the pretty generic basegame worlds. It deliveres a holiday feeling, like you would visit hawaii or some tropical or caribian island, this is great! The athmosphere fits, the island is really inviting and that's a good sign!

The mountains and the vulcano also look very natural and i could see you put the most work and detailfiddling into this particular area. It looks very nice and has a exploration feeling to it, allthough you cannot access every part of it.

What i kinda dislike is the lack of details in the other areas besides the mountain and vulcano. That might be personal preference, how i imagine my perfect world and sure you can always alter details on your own and change details how you like it. I don't know if that's what you aimed for, to create a rough base of the rest of the island and leave this customization to the downloader. But to be honest i wished you put more cool details into the world, or some hidden areas where you have to take a closer look to find them to encourage more exploration. You put a small graveyard onto the beach, which is a nice touch, but there isn't really anything else "special" and it's mostly plain area. More details like this would make the already great island even greater and would give the whole world a lot more value.

I haven't explored every single lot yet, but i keep you updated on my experiences on this world, if i find glitches or something like that.

Feedback is always meant good and your world is fantastic, but i think there is still more potential in it, but i guess you drew the line and left the world in it's current state to get this world uploaded. Keep it up, and i hope you create more worlds in the future, or update this world after you picked the suggestions you liked most, because you have indeed talent for it

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#59 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:07 PM
Regarding the exact game version required: with "normal" uploads, one can specify the patch version in addition to the game version (base vs. EPs) – but since this is a multi-post upload, it didn't go through the upload wizard, hence why that is missing. I am not sure if it can be edited in after the fact (would probably require some database fiddling).

As far as I'm aware, one needs the 1.8 patch in order to use any custom worlds whatsoever. kiwi_tea, I believe you could just put that near the top of your post in order to make it clearer (should be about as visible as the regular game version flag).

(Oh, I'm happy with how the reefs display =) – I just wanted to show you, since you write in the OP that they don't display on low-spec cards, and the card I have IS low-spec for all I know)

Slipslop, do you mean the savegame when you're talking about Awesome issues? Because the world itself works fine for me, and I have today's Awesome. I didn't try using the savegame though.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fawkes
For .world files, dont quote me, but I believe that they are just put in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Installed Worlds. Then they show up under the drop down when creating a new save. DOnt quote me on this, however, Im not quite sure.

Just tested that, doesn't seem to be the case. Is it a matter of editing the resource config to read .world files? Does that work?

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:11 PM
Thank you very much Kiwi! I'm so glad your world is finally online! I'm downloading it and I'm sure I'll appreciate it a lot, it looks beautiful! (But, I can't promess that I will play it with the Sims you included as I'm working on my own Sims Genetic Pool since the release of The Sims 3. :op)
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:12 PM
@Slipslop I'm using the savegame and awesome mod and don't have this issue. I did for a short period, but a recent update of awesome DESTROYED it.

Field Researcher
#63 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:19 PM
This is absolutely stunning!!! You've done a fabulous job and really set the standard for new worlds!!! I love all your shading and landscaping. Really beautiful!! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#64 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:19 PM
an amazing world,thank you
Instructor
#65 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:20 PM
Im not to sure about editing the resource config, but I guess it may be worth a shot. These things are way over my head, though. Someone might have some answers, but unfortunately not me.

Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:22 PM
Okay, as I can't see how world files are possibly installed as of right now, I'm not going to upload it just yet. Once I've clarified how I should advise people to install it, and IF it's easy enough to manage that it's not going to end in a flood of angry, confused noobs, I'll put it here. Hope that's fair.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#67 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:25 PM
Fawkes: you might want to try updating your game. As far as I'm aware, you need 1.8 in order to use custom worlds.

Slipslop: for issues with Awesome, please post at MATY, not here. kiwi_tea is not JMP =).

Instructor
#68 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:23 PM
Perfectly fair! Ill browse through the internets and see if anything pops up.

@ Plasticbox: I really would love to update, but the newest patch causes me enough graphical issues that a new world wouldnt even be worth playing. It really is that bad. If we cant find any solutions to .world files, I may jsut have to wait it out for a newer, more useful (IMO) patch.

Forum Resident
#69 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:27 PM
Ok small update on this awesomemod issue, after i got the endlesscycle flagrant error on a new game i removed awesomemod+configfile from the packages folder, and it worked after restart. Now i just put them back in and now it works too, strange. Let's see if it stays that way.

So tested it, awesomemod produces an endlesscycle flagrant error with the savegame only, new games seem to work fine for me.

-> My "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines" Sims: > CLICK <
-> "My Fav music" playlist: >> Listen <<
-> Liquid Drum & Bass at it's best: > Liquicity <
-> Swiss Groove - the world's grooviest webradio! Music which moves your body & soul: > SwissGroove Website <
Instructor
#70 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:31 PM
You post the .world files in Program Files/EA/The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds. Try that out.
Instructor
#71 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:32 PM
Oo! That might work by the sounds of it ( seeing as thats all I can base it on) i really hope this one works!

Instructor
#72 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fawkes
Oo! That might work by the sounds of it ( seeing as thats all I can base it on) i really hope this one works!

I was having issues with Riverview after patching and installing WA, so I found a Riverview.world file and installed it to that location. Works like a simulated charm.
Instructor
#73 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:36 PM
Yay! I cant wait! I hope you can test this Kiwi!!

Field Researcher
#74 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:40 PM
I dont like using i-speak but, OMFG!!

The detail is amazing, the realistic feel to me is right on the money.
Your population is well thought out and marvelous.

12 stars out of 10!!

I'm just going to stare at it for a while.
Thank you!

ClicknPsycho
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:38 PM
Ok... i am having an issue extracting. For some reason when i try to download the second file it hangs in various diffrent places and takes forever to finish downloading, and for this reason i am assumming i am not able to fully extract the file. It gets me to the second file and stops and says download volume to continue. Now i double checked and i deffinatly have all four files and even tried redownloading and the result is still the same , it hangs on the second file. Yours is not the first i have tried from here, i got the same result from trying another world. I would love to have this but i can't even get it to extract. Any suggestions to the problem. It can't be anything on your part because like i said your the second world i have tried. I have never had an issue with WinRAR before.
Page 3 of 17