Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 7:05 PM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 16th Apr 2021 at 5:55 AM.
Default Re New Upload Sorcerer
Today was my first attempt to use the new Upload Sorcerer.
After checking info on the welcome screen, I moved on to upload the zip.files then selected the category e.g. Buy Mode and room Study/Office. At the bottom of the screen, the only option was to go back to the welcome screen, which I did... then forward to the files page again (glad to see my zip.files still there ), this time though, I clicked on the left side of the Buy Mode/Study Office, and got two options to go forward to guidelines/images or go back. I added the images then moved on to the additional information page, It had generated two lots of the 3 items (plus all the recolors). Is the fault due to me going back to the welcome screen?
Update: I realize now that it was because I uploaded two lots of zip files - one with the three items, then separate zip.files for each item. In future will upload separate zip.files only.

I know I didn't really fill in the description properly - I thought it was the small description outlining what the upload is about. I realized this when I previewed the upload but was scared to return to the description in case I lost all the additional information I had added. The save data informs me I have no data to save?
Update: Do I state the polygon count and credits to programs or persons who have assisted me here too, as no separate boxes to do this? I appreciate that there is a credit box on the additional information page but that relates to mesh only.

At the Bypass Check, I had the same problem (identified by others) about having to refresh the page. I clicked on the "click here" but no response. I decided to go to the previous page, then suddenly, got a message stating "Congratulations" and it was in the Moderation Queue...even though I had clicked on the box to bypass?
Does this mean there is no PM to confirm it is in the Moderation Queue or if chosen to bypass any longer?
Previously, any upload in the Moderation Queue could be seen in the User Control Panel or links to the Statistics but this upload does not show anywhere. Please confirm if it is in the Moderation Queue.

Thank you for any advice on my questions.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 10:05 AM
I'm just going to say, this confused me:

Quote:
At the Bypass Check, I had the same problem (identified by others) about having to refresh the page
Identified by others? Who? This is the first time I'm hearing about this issue.  There is a reason the first page says to report problems on Discord, with a link, and even which channel to go to....

With regards to submission.  If you didn't get a PM saying that you've submitted an item, then it didn't submit.  This is also why it doesn't appear in the control panel, because nothing is there. 

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 10:50 AM Last edited by Lyralei : 16th Apr 2021 at 1:28 PM.
Quote:
I know I didn't really fill in the description properly - I thought it was the small description outlining what the upload is about. I realized this when I previewed the upload but was scared to return to the description in case I lost all the additional information I had added. The save data informs me I have no data to save?
Update: Do I state the polygon count and credits to programs or persons who have assisted me here too, as no separate boxes to do this? I appreciate that there is a credit box on the additional information page but that relates to mesh only.
So in order for Save data to work properly, once you feel like saving your upload (say, after each Next/previous, or just when you got the description part done but need to take the dog for a walk, etc) then you can, just like the old wizard, save your data!  It doesn't autosave, however. 

After you've saved your data, you can then load it in (even after entirely closing the wizard!) That is, assuming you haven't cleared your local storage (which can happen with cleaning programs like CCleaner)

We've also tested it throughoutly to even go as far as making the entire download till getting to the preview page and then going all the way back to the welcome page, and adjusting stuff again.  So that shouldn't reset your data! 

Quote:
After checking info on the welcome screen, I moved on to upload the zip.files then selected the category e.g. Buy Mode and room Study/Office. At the bottom of the screen, the only option was to go back to the welcome screen, which I did... 

It's very rare of this to happen, but when it does happen indeed, either doing what you did to fix it will work or indeed just refreshing the page if really necessary (again, if you save the data at this point, then you will keep it!)

Quote:
At the Bypass Check, I had the same problem (identified by others) about having to refresh the page. I clicked on the "click here" but no response. I decided to go to the previous page, then suddenly, got a message stating "Congratulations" and it was in the Moderation Queue...even though I had clicked on the box to bypass?
Does this mean there is no PM to confirm it is in the Moderation Queue or if chosen to bypass any longer?
Previously, any upload in the Moderation Queue could be seen in the User Control Panel or links to the Statistics but this upload does not show anywhere. Please confirm if it is in the Moderation Queue.
Right, so if I understand you correctly, you saw "I have bypass in this", clicked the agreement check box, then went to the previous page, which then resulted into a congratulations? (Because that's actually the next page) and it made you go to the moderation queue forum? We've personally never encountered that issue on our side, or any of the testers, so some additional information would be lovely.

Despite testing it with other members as well, sometimes new things still have their flaws in places unexpected, but the old wizard had 10 years to have all those worked out and this one only has had less than a year for it :p. 

Thanks for the bug report by the way!
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
I'm just going to say, this confused me:

Identified by others? Who? This is the first time I'm hearing about this issue.  There is a reason the first page says to report problems on Discord, with a link, and even which channel to go to....

With regards to submission.  If you didn't get a PM saying that you've submitted an item, then it didn't submit.  This is also why it doesn't appear in the control panel, because nothing is there. 

Hello @Tashiketh
There are another two threads in this section about problems uploading content - "Cannot upload to Moderation Queue" and another which I believe you have fixed.
I will take on board to report problems on Discord, however in good faith, I believed this to be the correct place to ask about technical problems or issues.
Thank you for confirming the PM system will continue and confirming that my upload has not been submitted.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
So in order for Save data to work properly, once you feel like saving your upload (say, after each Next/previous, or just when you got the description part done but need to take the dog for a walk, etc) then you can, just like the old wizard, save your data!  It doesn't autosave, however. 

After you've saved your data, you can then load it in (even after entirely closing the wizard!) That is, assuming you haven't cleared your local storage (which can happen with cleaning programs like CCleaner)

We've also tested it throughoutly to even go as far as making the entire download till getting to the preview page and then going all the way back to the welcome page, and adjusting stuff again.  So that shouldn't reset your data! 

It's very rare of this to happen, but when it does happen indeed, either doing what you did to fix it will work or indeed just refreshing the page if really necessary (again, if you save the data at this point, then you will keep it!)

Right, so if I understand you correctly, you saw "I have bypass in this", clicked the agreement check box, then went to the previous page, which then resulted into a congratulations? (Because that's actually the next page) and it made you go to the moderation queue forum? We've personally never encountered that issue on our side, or any of the testers, so some additional information would be lovely.

Despite testing it with other members as well, sometimes new things still have their flaws in places unexpected, but the old wizard had 10 years to have all those worked out and this one only has had less than a year for it :p. 

Thanks for the bug report by the way!

Hello @Lyralei,
Thank you for your reply and I appreciate new systems can have problems.
I think yesterday, apart from my own mistakes, the system was more slower when uploading the zip.files which I have not encountered before. Perhaps a suggestion would be is to check how many others may have been trying to upload at the same time as me (about 4.45pm GMT to about 5.45pm GMT) could help? To be fair, I don't usually try to upload at that time of day.

As usual, the two options were available - to bypass or the moderation queue. I clicked the agreement check box to bypass, got an error message to refresh the page or to try clicking here. I did and waited a few minutes but nothing happened. Only when I went to the previous page, did the alert "Congratulations" message appear.
I will try to upload again later today and let you know if there is any other issue.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 2:13 PM
Quote:
At the Bypass Check, I had the same problem (identified by others) about having to refresh the page. I clicked on the "click here" but no response. 

Okay I managed to reproduce this case as follows:

- Use the wizard, get all the way to the end and tick the I confirm box
- Go back to the Preview page
- Click the button to go to the Bypass step and Submit
- Page appears to freeze and do nothing
- Click the button again
- Page shows (incorrectly) that you have submitted and it's in the queue

This only occured if you tick the box.  Else it was fine.  I've fixed this in beta, so we'll roll this out asap! 

Just as a side note - the "click here" is nowhere on the bypass page.  It took me some struggling to understand whereabouts you meant, and I think you meant the dropzones that you use to upload files, since this is the only place in the entire wizard that button appears.

Also I have not been able to reproduce the "refresh the page" issue - whatever that is, since as I mentioned, nobody ever reported it to me. 

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @Tashiketh
There are another two threads in this section about problems uploading content - "Cannot upload to Moderation Queue" and another which I believe you have fixed.
I will take on board to report problems on Discord, however in good faith, I believed this to be the correct place to ask about technical problems or issues.
Thank you for confirming the PM system will continue and confirming that my upload has not been submitted.
I just want to point out that neither of those threads where the same issue, nor where explained in the same way.  Hence why I said that nobody had reported these issues to me.

Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 6:19 PM
Okay I managed to reproduce this case as follows:

- Use the wizard, get all the way to the end and tick the I confirm box
- Go back to the Preview page
- Click the button to go to the Bypass step and Submit
- Page appears to freeze and do nothing
- Click the button again
- Page shows (incorrectly) that you have submitted and it's in the queue

This only occured if you tick the box.  Else it was fine.  I've fixed this in beta, so we'll roll this out asap! 

Just as a side note - the "click here" is nowhere on the bypass page.  It took me some struggling to understand whereabouts you meant, and I think you meant the dropzones that you use to upload files, since this is the only place in the entire wizard that button appears.

Also I have not been able to reproduce the "refresh the page" issue - whatever that is, since as I mentioned, nobody ever reported it to me. 

Hello @Tashiketh and @ Lyralei
Just to let you know that I have attempted to upload again this afternoon but to no avail.
Everything was going great until the final submit screen - I clicked that I had read all the conditions, clicked on bypass and then this message

I was successful at saving all my upload info
I refreshed the page, loaded the info (went to submit page) and tried again - this time I tried the moderator's queue but still the same error message.
I decided to refresh again, but this time go through every stage (amending the description a little) then to submit screen. I swear I did not click to accept the conditions nor select bypass or moderators queue. Then I got this

However, I have come out the Upload Sorceror but no PM, so I assume it is somewhere in limbo.

Is there a problem with my browser (I use Microsoft Edge)?

Is the error message - really an error or could it be the message is generated due to a lot of uploads in the process at the same time? There used to be a message warning of a possible delay and not to refresh or move away from the page until it clears.
Screenshots
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 10:20 PM
@Ladysimplayer8 The error with submission should be fixed now, can you try it again?

We've also worked on a new version with the following fixes:

- Fixed issue with bypass credits not loading correctly (fixed incorrect submission screen) when going back and forth in the wizard
- Tweaked some text
- Added image resorting in the preview screen
- Added automatic save prior to submitting data

Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 7:51 AM
@Ladysimplayer8 The error with submission should be fixed now, can you try it again?

We've also worked on a new version with the following fixes:

- Fixed issue with bypass credits not loading correctly (fixed incorrect submission screen) when going back and forth in the wizard
- Tweaked some text
- Added image resorting in the preview screen
- Added automatic save prior to submitting data

Hello @Tashiketh
Thank you for fixing the issue - I uploaded and this time was successful.
But just one thing, the saved data from yesterday was no longer available to me - perhaps it was deleted with the new fixes or is the data only stored for one day?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 9:38 AM
There is only 1 save slot (that's mentioned on the save screen) so right now once you go through the wizard and submit, that save data would override anything you did in previous days.  Ultimately the plan is to have multiple save slots so you can have a few things going at once, but that functionality has to be built.