Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 10:46 PM
Default WCIF A mod that prevents Simbots from shorting out in water?
One thing I don't like about SimBots is that they short out in water.
Is there a mod that prevents that from happening?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 6:47 PM
people look at it yet dont reply -.-
da heck
Alchemist
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:49 PM Last edited by sweetdevil : 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:37 PM.
Probably because they don't know of a mod that does this?

Anyway, I found this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/thesimscc/...imbots_for_ts3/
I haven't tested this yet, but here's the file if you're willing to test it: [mod removed for reasons detailed below]
The reason I'm unsure of it working is that shorting out isn't an autonomous interaction, but more of a reaction that follows specific conditions, which makes me think it's hardcoded and simply changing some values in the tuning file isn't enough to kill it. But you're welcome to try and see if it works

This mod will only (theoretically) prevent a Simbot from shorting out from water, NOT from any other causes.

Technical note: I didn't add the Mummy trait, but removed the age requirement and left it blank; theoretically, the interaction shouldn't trigger if it isn't available for that particular age of the Simbot.

This will conflict with anything that edits these files:
OccultFrankenstein_0xc9fab9350f75298d (XML)
ShortOut_Sim (ITUN)

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 9:30 PM
Default RE: To sweetdevil
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Probably because they don't know of a mod that does this?

Anyway, I found this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/thesimscc/...imbots_for_ts3/
I haven't tested this yet, but here's the file if you're willing to test it: http://simfileshare.net/download/250074/
The reason I'm unsure of it working is that shorting out isn't an autonomous interaction, but more of a reaction that follows specific conditions, which makes me think it's hardcoded and simply changing some values in the tuning file isn't enough to kill it. But you're welcome to try and see if it works

This mod will only (theoretically) prevent a Simbot from shorting out from water, NOT from any other causes.

Technical note: I didn't add the Mummy trait, but removed the age requirement and left it blank; theoretically, the interaction shouldn't trigger if it isn't available for that particular age of the Simbot.

This will conflict with anything that edits these files:
OccultFrankenstein_0xc9fab9350f75298d (XML)
ShortOut_Sim (ITUN)

Thanks! Will try to see if it works~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:13 PM
It works!
The only thing was that the energy bar still goes to zero,but I simply filled that need up completly and the shorting out didn't happen. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:15 PM
Also I think you need to set any part that influenced the chance of a SimBot shorting out to 0 in the OccultFrankenstein file
thats how i got it to work
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sonicjr23
Also I think you need to set any part that influenced the chance of a SimBot shorting out to 0 in the OccultFrankenstein file
thats how i got it to work

So the way I did it didn't work for shorting out as a result of the simbot going in the water? Theoretically a simbot should not short out in any conditions if you remove/nullify any coding pertaining to shorting, and I only removed the condition for water shorting.

Does the motive still drain even after you made those changes? I'm asking because I ran into a similar situation with an alien's Brain Power depleting after summoning a meteor and that is hard-coded and requires script modding to change, not just XML/ITUN editing.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
So the way I did it didn't work for shorting out as a result of the simbot going in the water? Theoretically a simbot should not short out in any conditions if you remove/nullify any coding pertaining to shorting, and I only removed the condition for water shorting.

Does the motive still drain even after you made those changes? I'm asking because I ran into a similar situation with an alien's Brain Power depleting after summoning a meteor and that is hard-coded and requires script modding to change, not just XML/ITUN editing.

Yes it still drains but the simbot doesn't short out, so that's a good thing, besides I simply have to increase the energy meter to 100%
Alchemist
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sonicjr23
Yes it still drains but the simbot doesn't short out, so that's a good thing, besides I simply have to increase the energy meter to 100%

Ah, then anything that drains motives instantly is hard-coded then. It's been a long time and I don't have Visual Studio anymore, but icarus_allsorts's explanations in this thread shed some light on how these interactions work. Basically, unless you make a script mod that replaces the interaction and its effects, you're stuck with a depleting motive. Which isn't a major inconvenience if you're willing to drag the motive bar up ever time it happens

Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Nov 2022 at 8:01 PM
I am really really sorry to necro this thread, but I am trying to do the same thing too, but I followed the instructions and my simbot still shortout in the water sprinkler. Is it possible for either one of you to provide a download link to your mod? THanks!