Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 9:36 PM
Default No Autonomous Sims petting pets mod???
My poor horse is constantly being kept awake by household Sims autonomously petting him. I have seen mods to stop many autonomous actions, but have not found one to stop autonomous petting of pets. Anyone seen such???
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 10:07 PM
This one makes it so it stops waking up the Sim. I haven't found one that makes it so they won't pet them.
https://modthesims.info/d/459968/no...-cas-money.html
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
This one makes it so it stops waking up the Sim. I haven't found one that makes it so they won't pet them.
https://modthesims.info/d/459968/no...-cas-money.html

Thanks, but not what I hope for.... "HOPE" being the key word! ))) I looked, but cannot find the xml or ITUN, or whatever causes it, and again, hope it's NOT the social xml. (((
Inventor
#4 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Thanks, but not what I hope for.... "HOPE" being the key word! ))) I looked, but cannot find the xml or ITUN, or whatever causes it, and again, hope it's NOT the social xml. (((

I searched the gameplay file as well and I couldn't find it either. I found brushing and so on. I exported the social and the autonomous actions xmls to dig further and see if it's buried in either one of them. I just haven't had a chance to look yet.
Inventor
#5 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 12:32 AM Last edited by marydehoyos : 30th Aug 2022 at 1:25 AM.
PetOnSurface_Sim
PetOnSurfaceSocialInteractionB_Sim
It might be this one you are looking for...I went through one of the listings for all interactions that I found in the gameplay file. This one would make the most sense. They have two. One is from the Pet side and this one is from the sim side so you could adjust it to be non autonomous for the sim or if you grabbed the other one you could remove the horse...

This might not be it because when I checked the Social it doesn't have horses but I have to be getting close to it!

I think maybe you could add the AH for Adult Horse to the first one and then the second one set it to True for disable autonomous and see if it works. I couldn't find anymore that would make any sense to have. I'm out of ideas lol
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 12:32 PM
PetOnSurface_Sim
PetOnSurfaceSocialInteractionB_Sim
It might be this one you are looking for...I went through one of the listings for all interactions that I found in the gameplay file. This one would make the most sense. They have two. One is from the Pet side and this one is from the sim side so you could adjust it to be non autonomous for the sim or if you grabbed the other one you could remove the horse...

This might not be it because when I checked the Social it doesn't have horses but I have to be getting close to it!

I think maybe you could add the AH for Adult Horse to the first one and then the second one set it to True for disable autonomous and see if it works. I couldn't find anymore that would make any sense to have. I'm out of ideas lol

OK, so you found those in game data? I will check and look into altering them. If it is not the social interactions xml that scrolls down forever, I might be able to do something.
Inventor
#7 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
OK, so you found those in game data? I will check and look into altering them. If it is not the social interactions xml that scrolls down forever, I might be able to do something.

Yes I did. I searched the Social Pet Interactions (that long one) I found this tuning. Rub Neck, and Pet+Brush.Brush

So I don't play pets I have it but don't play it. So I'm not sure if the Pet the Horse is on it's on or do you have to click a menu and it comes up? I would suggest turning the Pet+PetBrush one to Disable Autonomy and try that. I won't have time today but I will tomorrow to grab a few out and test a few with Pets on..
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 5:25 PM
Yes I did. I searched the Social Pet Interactions (that long one) I found this tuning. Rub Neck, and Pet+Brush.Brush

So I don't play pets I have it but don't play it. So I'm not sure if the Pet the Horse is on it's on or do you have to click a menu and it comes up? I would suggest turning the Pet+PetBrush one to Disable Autonomy and try that. I won't have time today but I will tomorrow to grab a few out and test a few with Pets on..

OY! Anything but THAT! Thank you!!! I guess that I now must weigh, "How much do I want this?" I already made a combo of that a while ago, as it was used by 2 or 3 mods for different things, creating conflicts.

Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 7:28 PM
Whatever you end up doing, you may also want to turn off autonomy or lower advertised fun of the box stall socials as well if you use them. It's 0x03B33DDF-0x00000000-0xE9B12E0BA8AF9F6C in gameplaydata.
Instructor
#11 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 9:45 AM
If you have Nraas Retuner, you can alter the autonomy with that.

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 4:18 PM
Thank you to all! I may play with the social xml (again), but wish desparately to avoid it, as it reall is a PITA because of it's size. Did it a couple of times, as I play vampires, and that xml was being used by more than one, plus another mod. Got those working, but was far from fun! ))) I have old account on simsasylum. Actually have a few of Twotfmama's mods, but the brushing has not been an issue, for whatever reason... at least when I play with the horse. When my family has a dog, that has been a minor issue, so I may check those out for when I do have a dog.

RETUNER! I always forget that I have that. I found 2 interactions, for pet on floor, and pet on surface, and tuned both to not autonomous. Now to see what happens. Odd that in gamedata, only pet on surface was found, no pet on floor.

Thanks again to all replies!