Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Debug Console Command Enabler (Updated July 6th, 2009)

by Rick Posted 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:47 AM - Updated 16th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM by Srikandi

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 260 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:54 PM
Okay, reading all the comments on here i'm a little confused on where the resource.cfg and the package file are supposed to go on a mac.

Is it Documents/EA/Sims 3/Downloads ?
Or is it Documents/EA/Sims 3/Mods/Packages

I read the downloading for idiots on here and it said not to place it in the program itself, so i am beyond confused.
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:09 AM
I attempted to do this on my mac but the game crashes before it starts. :/ I have to reinstall it now to get the original resource.cfg because I didn't copy the original, DANGIT!
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:39 AM
Quote:
storyprogression - Sets the story progression mode. Usage: storyprogression <Disabled|Enabled|Accelerated>

How does this work? If disabled, is it only for the selected sims only? Because when I disabled it on Active1 then move to Active2 for "a few days" then move back to Active1, my sims' job was demoted by one rank and they aged... Also, the NPC/neighbours/premades also had changes...
Test Subject
#54 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 1:07 AM Last edited by Razvan : 7th Jun 2009 at 4:29 AM. Reason: added "s"
My best explanation of how to use the custom content:
STEPS
1- Go to: Program Files> Electronic Arts> The Sims 3
2- In "The Sims 3" folder create a new folder named "Mods"
3- Open the new "Mods" folder
4- In the "Mods" folder, create a new folder called "Packages"
5- When you down load files, find the files with "packages" at the end and place them in the "Packages" folder.
6- Download the "Resource.cfg" file available at: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=342820
7- Place the "Resource.cfg" file into Program Files> Electronic Arts> The Sim 3

Start the game and see if it works! If not, make sure you followed the steps.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:02 AM
I am rather disappointed in seeing the "ExportAsPaidContent" cheat there. Is this because TSR is in bed with EA? It makes me think less of EA. I am surprised no one has mentioned this. Does this not bother anyone?

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#56 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simdebster
I am rather disappointed in seeing the "ExportAsPaidContent" cheat there. Is this because TSR is in bed with EA? It makes me think less of EA. I am surprised no one has mentioned this. Does this not bother anyone?
It's a debug command, not normally enabled (and can't be enabled without a hack such as mine). I'm not sure why you think this is "TSR is in bed with EA", but it has nothing to do with that.

Surely EA needs a way to create the paid content they offer on the store, right? Use your head.
Test Subject
#57 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 9:20 AM
unfortunately this doesnt work for me crash everytime to desktop when main game menu loads. any insight to what might cause this? thanks in advance.
Test Subject
#58 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
This includes normal commands too, but sure:

Game commands:

testingCheatsEnabled - Usage: testingCheatsEnabled [true|false]. Enables/disables testing cheats.
SaveSimAsLooseFile - Sets the save sim mode. Usage: SaveSimAsLooseFile [true|false] or [1|0] (default is false)
ExportAsEAContent - Exports content as EA content. Usage: ExportAsEAContent [true|false] or [1|0] (default is false)

thank you so much i love you!!!!
Test Subject
#59 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:11 AM
Some pictures in-game would be nice.. Such as the menu that pops up using it.. Anything? Also some information of what each thing does would also be good, if that is possible. I know it's a lot but I am not totally sure what this does or what debug means, etc.. So I can't download it. x3
Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:28 PM
If you guys have vista you should use the keys ctrl+shift+windows flag+c
Then cheatbox appears. had that problem myself before in both sims 2 and 3!!!
Test Subject
#61 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:05 PM
Many thanks for making such a cool thing. Great.
Test Subject
#62 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 12:58 AM
So needed! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:48 AM
Hello this works great but one cheat is not removing headline effects at all and I typed off, They do not get removed! Thanks!
Test Subject
#64 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 7:07 AM
@Mac users

I figured out where it goes. Apparently, the mac version is "windows emulated". It took me a while to find the folder to put the stuff in, but I got it working flawlessly.

1. Extract the .zip file
2. Copy the Mods folder and Resource.cfg (Command-C)
3. Go into your Sims 3 folder (in the applications folder by default).
4. Right click on The Sims 3 application and click on "Show Package Contents"
5. Navigate to /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3
6. Paste (Command-V) both the Mods folder and Resource.cfg here
7. Fire up the game.
8. Open the cheat console (Control-Shift-C) and type in help
9. You should now see all the new debug commands in the list.
10. Enjoy!

MAC USERS UNITE ^_^
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 10:43 PM
when I refreshmotives it doesn't refresh energy. It actually makes it go down. Am I doing something wrong or is there another one for energy?
Test Subject
#66 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:30 AM
It worked for me for a few days, but then today the game would freeze on the loading screen, and I had to force quit it a few times. Then I took this mod out, started the game again, and it worked perfectly. So obviously there are some kinks to be worked out. Bummer too, cause I was using some of those cheats and they were awesome!
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 10:50 AM
you are awesome. thanks for shared
Test Subject
#68 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 2:15 PM
Very nice mod.
Instructions are hanging on the wall above my PC now,and it works great!
Make more stuff like this.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 10:04 PM
I've noticed my computer crashing so I deleted the package. I'll see if that changes things.
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 2:57 AM
sadly for me this crashes my game instantly. thanks tho
Test Subject
#71 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Suzicube
when I refreshmotives it doesn't refresh energy. It actually makes it go down. Am I doing something wrong or is there another one for energy?
for energy and all other needs what u can do is press ctrl shift c, insert "testingcheatsenabled true"

shift click on the mail box and click MAKE NEEDS STATIC (you wont have to take care of their needs during the whole game) (and if u want make all happy for temporary need filling)
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 12:49 PM
Doesn't work for me. Maybe cause I have the game installed on D:?
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 2:54 PM Last edited by Josh7861 : 12th Jun 2009 at 3:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
In your case, the package file goes in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, and you need the Resource.cfg in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.
Can Someone help me I want this mod but i need more detailed instructions. email me at [email protected] or add me on skype search for josh hopper or josh 7861. pretty please and i also have msn [email protected]. It Just wont work.
Test Subject
#74 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 9:09 PM
it's easy~!
Quote: Originally posted by Snooty
Doesn't work for me. Maybe cause I have the game installed on D:?

No you just need to go to D:Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 or D:Program Files/ Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and extract everything in the zip there.
Test Subject
#75 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:35 AM
Thank you so much . Is working and I love it :D
Page 3 of 11