Replies: 365 (Who?), Viewed: 178363 times.
Page 13 of 15
Test Subject
#301 Old 19th May 2013 at 12:29 PM
Can you tell me what can i do with the hidden features?
Lab Assistant
#302 Old 20th May 2013 at 8:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMrocks
Can you tell me what can i do with the hidden features?

Mostly you can find many more objects and effects to place in your world.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
4th Jun 2013 at 11:56 AM Last edited by simgrassalidale : 4th Jun 2013 at 12:45 PM.
This message has been deleted by simgrassalidale.
Lab Assistant
#303 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 12:41 AM
what program are you supposed to use to open the files? I used notepad and could not follow the steps

KISS ROCKS
Test Subject
#304 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 12:15 PM
Hello! I'm having problem with modifying my CAW for a long time, but I used the precompiled version and everithing worked fine.
I'm interested if there is a precompiled version of SuperCAW updated to Island Paradise? (game 1.55, Caw 1.18.46)
Test Subject
#305 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 2:10 PM
I need to know where can I find the Caw 1.18.46 version (not in the EA website please) =( My world is almost finished and now I can't open CAW because of the new expansion! =(
Guest
#306 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 2:10 AM Last edited by (A) : 28th Jun 2013 at 4:54 AM.
Default Island Paradise Update
New patch version 1.4

Versions:
CAW:1.18.46.022037
Sims patch Level:1.55(Island Paradise)

Patch:
supercaw-1.5-caw-1.18.46.022037-sims-1.55-patch
Compiled:
supercaw-1.5-caw-1.18.46.022037-sims-1.55-compiled

Sorry for the delay, let me know if there are any problems.

*caws*

Edit:
It seems that google account is now required to download from google drive... Looking for alternative.

Edit 2:
Uploaded to box.com, seems to work without login. Links are updated.
Test Subject
#307 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 9:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by (A)
New patch version 1.4

Versions:
CAW:1.18.46.022037
Sims patch Level:1.55(Island Paradise)

Patch:
supercaw-1.5-caw-1.18.46.022037-sims-1.55-patch
Compiled:
supercaw-1.5-caw-1.18.46.022037-sims-1.55-compiled

Sorry for the delay, let me know if there are any problems.

*caws*

Edit:
It seems that google account is now required to download from google drive... Looking for alternative.

Edit 2:
Uploaded to box.com, seems to work without login. Links are updated.


I have the Beta CAW, so I supose this patch is not for it? Anyway, I have found the new CAW version, thank really much!
dodgy builder
#308 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 10:40 AM
Gorgeous! The compiled should be installed in the main CAW folder isn't that right ... ?

susydps: CAW is only in Beta, and I believe has always been.
Test Subject
#309 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 7:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Gorgeous! The compiled should be installed in the main CAW folder isn't that right ... ?


Yup just unpack it and the put the world builder exe into ur program folder of caw..should be C>programms>electronic arts>create a world tool. (or depending on where u have installt it.)





And thanks alot for the new completed version of super caw its sooo helpfull
Test Subject
#310 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 3:41 PM
Hi everyone! I think I've got a problem with this last version of Supercaw. I updated CAW for IP. Since I couldn't patch my previous version of Supercaw (tortoisediff didn't patch), I downloaded the compiled version, and put it into C:/Programs/Electronic Arts/Create a World.
Supercaw opens and it's everything ok, except for metadata, since it just shows the "regular" objects, I can see none of that hidden stuff which I used until the release of IP update (such as the FXs), nor the CC packages.

Is there someone experiencing this same problem? Can someone figure out why it happens?

TY in advance, and sorry if I made mistakes, english is not my first language!
Guest
#311 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 3:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissina
Hi everyone! I think I've got a problem with this last version of Supercaw. I updated CAW for IP. Since I couldn't patch my previous version of Supercaw (tortoisediff didn't patch), I downloaded the compiled version, and put it into C:/Programs/Electronic Arts/Create a World.
Supercaw opens and it's everything ok, except for metadata, since it just shows the "regular" objects, I can see none of that hidden stuff which I used until the release of IP update (such as the FXs), nor the CC packages.

Is there someone experiencing this same problem? Can someone figure out why it happens?

TY in advance, and sorry if I made mistakes, english is not my first language!

I just re-downloaded from my link to make sure I posted the right one, and it seems to work. Are you sure you ran the WorldBuilderCS.exe instead of CAW.exe?
Test Subject
#312 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 11:36 AM
Yes, I always run worldbuildercs.exe, and supercaw opens indeed, with all of its features (pond tool, scenery stats and so on), except for the metadata. Besides, I'm sure I'm opening supercaw because it's in english, while "normal" caw is in italian, my first language.
I don't know if this is important, but FIRST I tried to patch supercaw, I didn't succeed, and THEN I replaced the old compiled file in C:/Program Files/blablablah with the new one.

TY for your answer!
Guest
#313 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissina
Yes, I always run worldbuildercs.exe, and supercaw opens indeed, with all of its features (pond tool, scenery stats and so on), except for the metadata. Besides, I'm sure I'm opening supercaw because it's in english, while "normal" caw is in italian, my first language.
I don't know if this is important, but FIRST I tried to patch supercaw, I didn't succeed, and THEN I replaced the old compiled file in C:/Program Files/blablablah with the new one.

TY for your answer!

It shouldn't matter if you tried to patch and failed if you are using the compiled version. In the Metadata what do you see? I have Game Objects and Effects. When i filter by "toilet" for example, I see all of the toilets available as well as all of the toilet FX that are not available with the standard CAW.exe.
Test Subject
#314 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 10:42 AM
When I filter by "toilet" I see all of the toilets and all of the toilet-related FX too, I didn't recognize it; I must conclude it's evetything ok with metadata.
Nonetheless, I'm still missing the entries starting with asterisk, but above all I'm missing all of my package CC!
Anyway, nevermind. I'm solving this annoyance by entering EIG and placing them in build/buy, since they show regularly in EIG.
Thank you very much (A) for your kind support!
dodgy builder
#315 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 11:07 AM
I have the same issue with CC, some of it doesn't show in caw anymore. Some of the sailboats among other things. I do have my own CC though, so it's not all I have this trouble with.
Test Subject
#316 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 11:08 PM
I'm having this problem with the retaining walls by Simsimillian (which I downloaded here on MTS in the caw resources section) for example. And this is a pity, since I used them very frequently, they're gorgeous.
Guest
#317 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 4:48 AM
I'm sorry, I don't actually use CAW (or even SuperCAW ). There was never anything specific in SuperCAW for adding CC into CAW, and I never knew if it did or not. Are you sure that previous versions of SuperCAW included CC? And if it did, did you ever use the CAW Framework tutorial(http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...p:CAW_Framework) to make it do so? There is something on objects that says whether or not it should be in CAW(and there are mods that enable certain objects in CAW), SuperCAW just tells CAW to ignore that and load all objects, but CAW by default won't search your Mods folder. Could you try following that tutorial to get the CC into CAW? With SuperCAW, the CC shouldn't need to be made specifically for use in CAW, but I think it does need to be in a folder where CAW can find it.
dodgy builder
#318 Old 5th Aug 2013 at 2:28 PM
There is a tutorial on how to make objects appear in caw metadata. I used it to make my own CC visible. The solution may be there. I don't have this problem anymore since I have decided to do without those objects now with IP boats available.
Test Subject
#319 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 5:55 PM
I need the patch for version 1.57
Test Subject
#320 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alissonp
I need the patch for version 1.57


Me, too. My CAW version is 1.19.5 and i'm stuck
Test Subject
#321 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 10:42 PM
I keep getting in tortoisemerge that the patch may be outdated, which it would be considering. Has a new superCAW patch been released after patch 1.4? I have the latest CAW and game patched to 1.63.
Lab Assistant
#322 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 5:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoDreadhowl
I keep getting in tortoisemerge that the patch may be outdated, which it would be considering. Has a new superCAW patch been released after patch 1.4? I have the latest CAW and game patched to 1.63.


I too would like a compiled build for game update 1.63.
Alchemist
#323 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 11:23 PM
A has updated SuperCaw for patch 1.63 and posted it here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=860.0

If you have any issues with it you think A should know about please post in that thread as he is unable to post at Mod the Sims to answer you.
Lab Assistant
#324 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemittens
A has updated SuperCaw for patch 1.63 and posted it here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=860.0

If you have any issues with it you think A should know about please post in that thread as he is unable to post at Mod the Sims to answer you.


Thank you for finding this !
Test Subject
#325 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 8:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armiel
Thank you, got it installed.

Few notes for others that are planning to do this:
Make sure you're the admin on your PC, AND launch every program by right clicking on the executable, and select run as admin. This will make sure that the programs can write over the necessary files. I learned this the hard way, as I assumed I could, being an admin, just install and it would be done, but no, had to "run as admin" on every program needed for this. So, are notified



Two of the best things Ive found for this are these articles here: how to get the hidden Administrator account to show up :cylon:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...-windows-vista/

and to "own" things in 7 and Vista
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...-menu-in-vista/

in case anyone is having trouble with that part.
Page 13 of 15
Back to top