Replies: 9286 (Who?), Viewed: 462818 times.
Page 372 of 372
Mad Poster
#9276 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 5:01 PM
The first thing to do when a sim is overheating is to send them to drink water from sink. That's the only effective vanilla way to lower the temperature in a hurry without mouthwatering lemons and a blender. Water balloon fights lower temperature, but it takes awhile. I once lost track of a couple of Newsons pelting each other with water balloons at night in a Strangetown summer, and their temperatures were dangerously low before I realized there could be a problem, but they'd been at it for hours at that point.

The cold shower mod is useful, but only if they're at least yellow in hygiene, as otherwise they get out before it helps much. I send joggers for a cold shower as soon as they get home and it's the only thing that makes jogging a viable activity in the summertime at all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#9277 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 5:31 PM
For a player like me, who easily loses track of my Sims especially in larger households, that air conditioner mod has been a literal lifesaver because they autonomously go cool themselves off before reaching the point of heatstroke.
retired moderator
#9278 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 7:45 PM
Link to the aircon mod for people who haven't tried it:
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Voyaging.htm

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Test Subject
#9279 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 7:58 PM
I'll definitely have to grab that AC mod, for survival's sake. I pay so little attention to sim temperature as to sometimes forget it exists; it's frankly astounding that Vidcund's hiking heatstroke was the first time I've ever faced any consequences for my negligence.
Mad Poster
#9280 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 9:05 PM
I think I just came up with a work-around for all the times the autonomy check refuses to work. A lot of my modding revolves around making Sims behave more sensibly, and there's a few projects I wanted to do that I had to abandon because the code to test for autonomy simply refused to work. I was taking a stroll down memory lane looking at all my past uploads, and my hidden interactions stuff gave me an idea. What if I duplicate interactions I want to limit autonomy on, hiding the autonomous one from pie menu and doing changes to the test for that one, and changing the regular visible one to not allow autonomy at all?

BV beach interactions, will you at last be conquered? Time will tell.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Instructor
#9281 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 11:46 PM
I don't think I've ever seen anyone autonomously unclog a toilet before. Cyd Roseland, ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much.
retired moderator
#9282 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 12:26 AM
Ooh, I've never seen that either! He is a knowledge sim?

Test Subject
#9283 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:24 AM
When you relocate a sim's grave via the 'move this grave' interaction, their ghost might appear for a moment and wave goodbye before they disappear for good. Discovered this while sending Pascal off to his eternal resting place in Strangetown's new crypt.
Instructor
#9284 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Ooh, I've never seen that either! He is a knowledge sim?

Yes, he certainly is.
Mad Poster
#9285 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 2:22 AM
I have pixels autonomously fix and unclog the toilets. Mostly because they need to use them! it's so helpful when they do it, but they do not clean it afterward. Then again, I'm the one who has pixels drop by and babysit children if there are no parents around. Don't even have to ask them. They can be anyone-friends, strangers, relatives. They're all one community, after all.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
retired moderator
#9286 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 2:29 AM
I think all of my sims must be too lazy! I see the wish to repair sometimes, but I like the repairmen so I usually call them in. I'll have to try leaving things broken for a while!

Test Subject
#9287 Old Yesterday at 1:00 AM
When you send sims off to college, their friends back in the main hood sometimes call up their old house looking for them. Ripp Grunt calls the Curious family at least twice a week asking after Vidcund's son. It's starting to drive me nuts. If he wasn't there the first six times you called, why would he be there now?
Page 372 of 372