Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Primitive Scroll-in-a-Box Table Phone

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 30th Oct 2006 at 6:58 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 2:06 PM by -Maylin-

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JHD1189
Hahaha are we going to be seeing a lot more of these phones now? 'Cause if that's the case, then by all means, carrry on.

(PS- Is that room in your pictures from the castle? It definitely looks familiar... )

Hehe, yeah, probably. There are all these damn fantasy sims and elves and stuff that just have nothing reasonable as a phone replacement... and with Numenor's glorious templates, especially with this one that has the same handset orientation as the original, it's just a remesh. So yeah, I'm on this big phone kick. Just finding it difficult to come up with concepts that make sense for it. So, y'know, if you have any bright ideas, jhd, with that big squishy brain of yours, I wouldn't mind a PM with them.

And yes, that is a room from the beautimous castle, with my king (slightly made over) looking goofy talking to a scroll. It was by far the most appropriate lot I had installed for screenshots.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 12:00 PM
Thank you - looks a little strange with the scroll to the ear but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the out-of-place modern phones in historical neighbourhoods. Excellent.
Test Subject
#28 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 5:28 PM
Very Nice! Good decoration for my medieval theme!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 6:39 PM
What a perfect upload for all of the ancient/elfen things lately! Thanks for this- it's come at the right time for me & my new "Ye Olde Place" neighborhood.

Anyway: Awesome scroll-phone, HP. Thanks & Yay!
Always,
Emma

PS: cokeandasmile: "anachronistic"? Excellent. Just freaking awesome. 8D
Field Researcher
#30 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 7:03 PM
Wonderful job!

Problems installing my sims?Use Sims2pack Clean Installer
Special thanks to all custom contents creators.
My sims for you here
My sims 2
Field Researcher
#31 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 7:07 PM
VERY cool! So necessary for non-modern neighborhoods! Thank you!
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

I know it is a little odd, but, well, there's not really any medieval equivalent thing that's held up to the head and that someone would walk around talking into, so, um... it's magic!

Actually, I was hoping someone would do a sea shell as the handset. Still magic, so to speak, but would look a little less odd since people hold conch shells to their ears to hear the 'ocean's roar'. I love the box that holds the scroll. So, ideally, same box, conch shell for the handset. *nudge, nudge* LOL Ok, that was shameless, but a body can hope, right? Meanwhile, I will certainly love adding this to the options until I can find that sea shell model. Thanks for a wonderful addition to the game.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 10:01 AM
Cuddley Kitty of Chaos - I'd started on a conch shell version before I did this one - I just got stuck on making a good texture map for the conch shell as it's such a complicated shape. Did seem like the most appropriate thing, but it also seemed very... sea-y, good for mermaids and fairies and stuff, but, well, my medieval king really was wondering why I'd bring him correspondence in the form of a seashell.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 1:45 PM
I have been searching FOREVER it seems to find something for my Medieval Sims..and you have done it! Thank you very much!

"You can't blame me for knowing how to accessorize."
~Lara Croft in Paraiso, Peru (Tomb Raider VII: Legend)
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 7:25 AM
I have all expansions and this says "no action" on it. Am I missing something? I really want it to work ><
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 11:46 AM
Hmm, kittyvibe.... I'm trying to think what might cause that. I'm thinking you might possibly get that if you pause in live mode, go into buy mode to buy the phone, and then switch back to live mode and, still paused, try to get a sim to use the phone without unpausing first, trying to queue the action while paused. It needs a moment actually with time running in live mode to "initialize" (you'll see the handset jump a bit) and then it should work just fine.

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 12:23 AM
Yay! It works now, I dunno why it didnt before, ( I was on live mode (unpaused) thats why I was sorry to see it not working). /happy dance
Test Subject
#38 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 12:30 PM
I love it! Thank you very much (:
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 11:57 PM
Awesome! Thank you

*~* Beans *~*
Please don't annoy the writer. She may put you in a story and kill you off.
Magic Beans Sims
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 5:47 AM
Wonderful

thank you!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 6:06 PM
I love how you make romen/victorian.old fashion items....concluding that most of my sims are roman and victorian...i think you did a wonderful job with the mesh and the textures look wonderful good job
Test Subject
#42 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 2:50 AM
thank you
its just what i was looking for!

smile! ^_^ it confuses people
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Dec 2006 at 9:50 PM
This will look great underneath the "property of jesus" sign I just downloaded!
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 1:37 AM
Looks great.
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 1:14 AM
Finally my medieval simmies' social lives won't suffer anymore. ^^ I was getting worried on behalf of their sanity . . .

So far, it's working perfectly fine in my game, so thanks. ^^
Instructor
#46 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 1:17 AM
OMG! Electronics for medieval house holds - I'm always on the look-out for those. Thanks & hugs & abject groveling! This is just what I've been looking for for weeks!
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 8:23 PM
Oh so cool!
This is amasing.
Thank you!

Bree`.
Sorry For My English. I Am in Italy.=]
Instructor
#48 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 1:17 AM
I was just wondering how the heck my medieval sims are going to contact each other! xD
Thanks!
Test Subject
#49 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 5:48 AM
Thank you ever so much. I downloaded this recently and have been playing with it in my pirate/fairy realm. It's been a much appreciated addition. Thanks again.
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 1:20 AM
Excellent work. It looks awesome.
By the way, where did you find those candles in the background?
Page 2 of 3