Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 9:31 PM Last edited by Qwerty12321 : 8th Oct 2007 at 9:51 PM.
Default How to Make Roofs not Cover your Windows & Doors!
Many people make wonderful houses, and then add the roofs. The roofs cover the windows and now the house doesn't look to good. I am going to tell you how to fix that.

First, Add a extra story around your house.

Next, from starting from one side of your house to the other, stack the decks or columns tool on top of each other as shown in the picture. (USE SHIFT TO STACK)

Type in the cheat: "BoolProp ConstrainFloorElevation False". Take the leveling tool and drag it from the side of deck/columns to the other side of the house.

Your wall should lower down to a 1/4 size. It should like similar to this:

TURN OFF THE CHEAT! Finish your house, and you will notice the windows or doors are not covered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If your house is on a foundation then follow this tutorial.

Make two stairs going in the ground as being shown in the picture. (ADD A EXTRA STORY, I FORGOT TO SHOW IT IN THE FIRST PICTURE!)

Bring out the leveling tool and put it in the deep hole where the second stair lands. Delete the stairs and drag the leveling tool across the house. This is where your column/deck will go.

Make the columns/deck (Once again, use SHIFT to stack)

Type in the cheat and drag the leveling tool from the deck/columns to the other side of the house.

TURN OFF THE CHEAT! The wall should shorten. Finish your house and you will notice the roof doesn't cover the windows.

Now your house looks A LOT better =]!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Oct 2007 at 11:22 PM
I totally agree that adding a 4 click dummy level to set the roof on makes a better looking house.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 12:51 AM
Whats a 4 click dummy level? Sorry If I sound stupid, new to this stuff.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 2:15 AM
What you did is a 4-click dummy level.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 4:51 AM
Haha, well then now I totally understand your first comment. Thanks.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 5:36 AM
Why 4-ckick or 4-step dummy level?
It's because the remaining height for that level is the same as the height of 4-click archived by the raising elevation tools.
Also, this is the default height of foundation tools on the ground.. And when a connecting/modular stair is built on these compressed levels of room, 4 steps is the ordinary result wen levels are plain, so this can be called a 4-step level.
In addition, Mikeinside, in his fostering build tutorial for the TS2 community, used dummy level to describe compressed room levels as dummy levels, so we carry on to call that as dummy level.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 12:24 AM
Cool, thanks for explaining niol.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 9:54 PM
I never thought of that idea! Awesome, thanks for the idea and the tutorial. I've seen lots that have this format, but I never realized what it was for, lol. Thanks again!

TO MODDERS IT MIGHT CONCERN:
I thought of a great mod, and thus am requesting... is it possible to tweak the witch spells so that a witch of any alignment can do any spell?
Just putting this out there, since I didn't want to haggle at any of you wonderful modders out there.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 1:51 AM
I tried to do this but the cheat didn't work.... is it case-sensitive or misspelt?
Banned
#10 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 6:30 AM
This One's helpful for building lots : )

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Sending You Butterflies Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 7:47 PM
It's "boolProp constrainFloorElevation false" for some reason I think it is case sensitive.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:50 PM Last edited by itsemurha : 8th Jan 2012 at 8:55 PM. Reason: Problem solved
I have a big problem with this. I can never get the walls to go down, instead the first floor raises. It just looks weird. I've tried like a million times with all variables I can think of. It works without a foundation, but not WITH a foundation. And I really like foundations.

I've searched MTS and youtube for hours and I can't find anything helpful. Does anyone know any more detailed tutorial than this, or maybe can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I solved it using another technique.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 1:47 AM
Omg! Thankyou so much for this tutorial! I can now save myself the hassle of clicking exactly 4 / 8 / 12 times when building. I never would have thought to use the stairs.

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Helptato
#14 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 8:43 PM
This was really useful and easy, thanks!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 7:26 PM
There are no images anymore. Can we do something about that?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 10:12 PM
@Aliena

Please find attached file which contains a PDF printout of this tutorial, complete with images.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Mod The Sims - How to Make Roofs not Cover your Windows & Doors!.7z (326.9 KB, 55 downloads) - View custom content