Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 2:04 AM Last edited by lidiqnata : 23rd Dec 2013 at 2:53 PM.
Default Faylen's Clothing Recolor Tutorial Part 3: Adding Textures
Once you've gotten the hang of recoloring, it's fun to add new textures to
your Sims' clothes. Here's another step-by-step for all you techno-Turnips out there, from the Turnip Queen. Again, it's a Microsoft Word document so
you can print it out.

NOTE: I've added a tutorial with a different method of adding shadows and highlights here: How to Add Shadows and Highlights

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Adding Texture Tutorial.zip (5.98 MB, 6362 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 11:58 AM
sigh..19 downloaded not even single person would say Thank you,
but' I belive you done a good job Faylen
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 12:14 PM
Thank you very much. Am a total newbie to doing any of this. but have Monday off and am going to sit down with PSP and a couple of tutes including yours and see if I can finally beat this. Again thanks for the effort and the help.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 12:26 PM
Thanks very much Faylen. I'm getting it now sounds like something I could use.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shirosd19
sigh..19 downloaded not even single person would say Thank you,
but' I belive you done a good job Faylen

Thank you kindly. I'm happy that people are downloading it regardless, but I love getting feedback so I know where to go next. I hope some of the people who use it will eventually show us their stuff!
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 1:18 PM
Default Thanks
I am downloading it now, even on Dial-Up auch well it's only money.
Excited to try it as I have tried to understand othe r tutorials and have been dumbfounded. I f I can manage this I will be dancing.
Will let you know how I get on.
Thanks.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 3:37 PM
thanks for yet another tutorial..i hope this tutorial helps me..i've been getting frustrated with all these tutorials that i just can't understand. thanks again.
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 8:18 AM
Default It worked
Thank you. I managed to change texture on a dress. I now think I will be able to understand a tutorial for a smocked dress. Now, anyone know how to 'make' lace look seethrough.

Also thanks for the other tutorials which I have now downloaded as well. My weekend will be at the computer, again.
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 4:33 PM
thanks thanks thanks
~lunarbishop~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 5:16 PM
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 8:44 PM
thanks for the turorials, Im doing great now, recolouring objects and clothing thanks to all the great tutorials.
retired moderator
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 9:09 PM
Thank you, Faylen. Anything regarding clothes is much appreciated by me, since I'm a total hopeless case when it comes to skinning. So.... puhleeze! Keep them coming!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 9:16 PM
This is what I needed...Thank you so much :P
Test Subject
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 9:26 PM
Thank you! I am having a blast doing recolors and I can't wait to try this!
Test Subject
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 10:07 PM
thank you faylen merci!
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 11:16 PM
I gots too many programs open so I'm gonna close IE so i can run Photoshop, WMP, MSWord and Body Shop. TY, and when i see other stuff to add in I'll do that. I need/want to make more City Year Skins...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 12:11 AM
Thank you Faylen! I appreciate any and all help I can get. I've just now mastered putting logos on T's ...woohoo LOL and a little recoloring, so now I'm off to learn to recreate something new!
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 12:20 AM
Thank U for ur time and effort for those of us who have not figured it all out yet ! )
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#19 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 9:04 PM
Added the web version and moved to tutorials to live with its friends.

RG
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 9:58 PM
Aw, how nice. Now, what kind of cheesecake do you like?

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#21 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 10:27 PM
All cheesecake is good cheesecake. That said, it's better with stwawbewwies.

RG
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 3:46 PM
thanks for the tutorials
Forum Resident
#23 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 6:58 PM
Excellent tutorial. I am downloading this now then print it out for my eaisy acsses on this. I have not tried this one yet. Thank you so much.
Inventor
#24 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 7:32 PM
Hey thanks for this.. it will be a big help.

I will have to try it out with Paint Shop as my Photo Shop is no longer working.
#25 Old 31st Jan 2005 at 4:24 PM
thanks..I have gimp but I think I can still get it working..I have been looking for a tutorial about this forever cuz I wanted a plaid bikini for my teen!
Page 1 of 12