Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#726 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 7:23 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 6th Oct 2016 at 8:26 PM.
Well, everyone in the group seems to be busy at the moment. So I guess I'll be the one who has to work on the upload thread.
I've already begun with it but it's far from finished and I cannot say when it will be finished. I hope it won't take a long time.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#727 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 8:28 PM
Wonderful pictures, Jawusa! Sorry to burden you with all of them (been so busy since the semester started) but you've done a fantastic job with all the pictures, especially with the poses!
Trainee Moderator
#728 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 8:37 PM
It's OK, MMAA!
No burden at all. It was fun to take those pictures.
Sometimes it was also good for me, too! Especially after learning for hours! Then it's good to play the sims and unwind a little.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#729 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 9:54 PM
Which lots and sims do you want to showcase for the thread?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#730 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 6:50 AM
I was actually going to showcase all lots. In that way, it's easier to see what each contributor did. But maybe that's too much.

If it's taking a lot of time, I'll just reduce it to 5 residential lots, 5 community lots, 5 apartment lots and 5 households.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#731 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 5:58 PM
I think doing every lot and every family would be overwhelming, not only for you, but for the downloader. If there's too much information, people will feel satisfied and not download. I'd pick out the most intriguing families (tough pick, I know) to detail and only summarize the others. A full lot list with detail shots on selected distinctive ones will also whet the appetite and make people want to download to see the rest.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#732 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 8:17 PM
You're right! Giving away too much information can spoil everything. And it's actually much more fun to explore the places yourself rather than looking at the pictures on the upload thread.
I wish I wouldn't have started taking the pictures already. Right now, I have 25 posts in the upload thread. And Emerald Heights has 73 lots! I was planning on creating 73 posts...

I guess I have to delete the whole thread and start from scratch. What am I actually doing at the moment? Rather than trying to get finished as fast as possible; I just duplicate the work. But that's all my fault. If I had learned for the chemistry exam today, I would have read your comment just in time before taking all the pictures in first place. Okay, I still have time until Monday, so the chemistry exam isn't really important at the moment. But I just feel stupid for being so unorganized.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#733 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 8:41 PM
Naw, that sounds like how I work all the time. You always have to take more pictures than you use and write more words than anybody ever reads.

Trainee Moderator
#734 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 10:12 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 9th Oct 2016 at 8:55 AM.
So... which lots and sims must be showcased in your opinion?
According to the Creator Guidelines, at least 10 lots - 5 residential and 5 community lots need to be shown.

I was thinking of showcasing...
- the Group Home household and their house or the Splitter household and their house. --> as an example of a house in the downmarket area of Emerald Heights.
- the Rotspatz family and their house. --> as an example of one of the oldest houses in Emerald Heights (built around that time when Emerald Heights was green.)
- the Davenport family and their house or the King-Montes family and their house. --> as an example of a house in the suburb area of Emerald Heights.
- the Rafferty family and their house. --> an example of a house in the rich/noble area of Emerald Heights.
- the Blaque family and their house or the Coppersmith family and their house --> as an example of a house in the downtown area of Emerald Heights.
- the Steele family and their house --> as an example of a house in the industrial area of Emerald Heights.

Then, we'd have showcased 5 occupied residential lots and their families.

As for the community lots, maybe...
- East City Park (downtown area)
- Dive bar, criminal minds HQ or criminal warehouse (industrial area)
- Grocery store, diner, junkyard or science lab (downmarket area)
- Graveyard with their ghosts
- Restaurant or a bar or bowling alley (nightlife of Emerald Heights)

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#735 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 1:39 PM
I know, I actually should have been working on the upload thread, but I made a trailer video for Emerald Heights..

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#736 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 6:24 PM
Well, that should get some butts in the seats. That music - so dramatic!

Between the Splitter household and the Group Home, I think the Group Home, in addition to being a head's up as to the level of challenge that can be expected, is more indicative of the theme of the hood. The Splitter situation is fun and quirky and far more simlike. The Group Home can be made quirky and funny with effort, but it's natural tendency will be toward the gritty, challenging end of the spectrum. It also ties in to multiple other households, so anyone intrigued by it will have a natural entrance into other households. The Rotzspatz household has the same advantages for luring the kinds of players that will enjoy this neighborhood - their whole theme is decay, decline, and the challenge of restoring the family/city.

I think the Steeles, with their gleeful transgressiveness, will intrigue a lot of people.

I also think one of the civic buildings would be more of a draw than the graveyard, the school or the city hall probably.

Mad Poster
#737 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 10:50 PM
I LOVE the video trailer!!! *squee*

I agree with Peni above: Group Home and Rotzspatz - definitely!
Then the Steeles, and Rafferty's, and either one of the 'burb families (Davenport or King-Montes)

For places, what about: East City Park, the Bowling Alley, science lab, the Dive bar, OR criminal minds HQ, and the Graveyard

This looks soooo interesting - people are going to have to DL just to see what's all there! Great job you guys

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Trainee Moderator
#738 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 11:24 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 12th Oct 2016 at 2:40 PM.
OK. I'll start working on the upload thread then.

So the families which will be showcased are...
- Rafferty
- Rotspatz
- Group Home
- Steele
- King-Montes

Community lots:

- Emerald Heights Market Square
- Dive Bar
- Criminal Minds HQ
- Science Lab
- Graveyard

By the way, I'm glad that you like the trailer video.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#739 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 3:23 PM
Well, I've written a neighborhood description for Emerald Heights but I don't think it sounds good. And that's the point. I'm unable to write interesting descriptions.
Maybe it also needs to refer more to the sims. (Rotspatz's being the first sims in Emerald Heights; Rafferty's being the ones who made Emerald Heights a city.)

"Emerald Heights used to be all green once. It was a nice garden town. But then something has changed Emerald Heights forever! It dried out all of sudden and became a wasteland. But then the highway was lain down and Emerald Heights became a blustering city as it is today! With so many sims moving in and so many changes going on in such a short time frame, what will Emerald Heights become next?"

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#740 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Maybe it also needs to refer more to the sims. (Rotspatz's being the first sims in Emerald Heights; Rafferty's being the ones who made Emerald Heights a city.)

"Emerald Heights used to be all green once. It was a nice garden town. But then something has changed Emerald Heights forever! It dried out all of sudden and became a wasteland. But then the highway was lain down and Emerald Heights became a blustering city as it is today! With so many sims moving in and so many changes going on in such a short time frame, what will Emerald Heights become next?"

How 'bout starting with this:

Emerald Heights: yesterday a nice green garden town, today a bustling desert city.
What will Emerald Heights be tomorrow?

...and then adding a few sentences about the 'new' founding families.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Trainee Moderator
#741 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 5:25 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 13th Oct 2016 at 9:22 PM.
Yes, that would go.
Then, maybe this could come? Or something similar.
... It was the Rotspatz family who settled in first in Emerald Heights. They witnessed the development of Emerald Heights, but they have never really been pleased with the results. Esmee and Desiree are still determined to do everything they can, just to save Emerald Heights and make it a nice green garden town again, just as it was before everyone moved in. But with such a mayor like Caesar Rafferty, will they be able to do anything at all?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#742 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 6:32 PM
Oooh! Awesome video! Love how the camera drifts in nicely throughout the neighborhood!
Trainee Moderator
#743 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 6:29 PM
I'm so sorry for abandoning this neighborhood project...
I haven't even got a chance to work on the upload page.

Anyway, at least I've got some time to work on this neighborhood now.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#744 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 8:42 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 28th Oct 2016 at 9:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I'm so sorry for abandoning this neighborhood project...
I haven't even got a chance to work on the upload page.

Anyway, at least I've got some time to work on this neighborhood now.

No, it's ok! You did a lot of work already! Your studies are a priority! The neighborhood can wait for how ever long; no rush. Personally, I'm super busy with school too, so no worries! Others will understand.

I like physics, but mainly the theoretical parts, because once I reach the mathematical/calculations parts, my head goes bonkers.

And good luck with your exams!
Trainee Moderator
#745 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 8:45 AM
Maybe it's a good idea to upload the current version of Emerald Heights as I've done a lot of changes to it and fixed quite a number of bugs...
http://simfil.es/136659/

@Jojoa777
I don't want to irritate you but have you finished taking the Storytelling pictures for the Steele family? I thought you wanted to do them.

My Simblr
Instructor
#746 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:21 PM
Eeep, I'm so sorry, I forgot! You guys might have figured out I'm not always good at getting these things done, even when I really want to

I will make it a priority to work on it this weekend (probably tomorrow, because my day is pretty open).
Mad Poster
#747 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 6:07 PM
@Jawusa I was able to get the download to 42.9k instead of 57k so it is still good to upload as 1 file at this time being that it is under 50k MTS limit.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
#748 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 9:19 PM
@Jojoa777
It's all right. Just take the time you need for the Storytelling pictures.

@marka93
That's good to know. Please do your trick on the final version as well. This (V12) is just a test version; not the final version as some things still need to be done before it's ready to be uploaded.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#749 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 9:48 PM
Will do.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#750 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Jojoa777 : 13th Nov 2016 at 7:26 PM.
Going in game now to work on the pictures! I just need to figure out how to get windowed mode to work. I haven't been able to take pictures since my computer updated to Windows 10, and I heard it'll work if I'm in windowed mode, which I've never played in before.

Update: I tried windowed mode and I can't take it. Does anyone else with Windows 10 have any insight for how to take screenshots (that actually show the game, not the desktop behind it)? I haven't been able to do this since I got Windows 10.
Page 30 of 34