Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#751 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 7:34 PM
I change the compatibility mode to Windows 8 and run it as admin.
But the standard in-game camera would go as well. Just go to options, choose the largest size and best quality and you're good to go.

We only need to take big screenshots for the upload thread but that's not the case. Even if, large pictures don't show up in the Storytelling mode. The largest size possible is 600x450.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Instructor
#752 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I change the compatibility mode to Windows 8 and run it as admin.
But the standard in-game camera would go as well. Just go to options, choose the largest size and best quality and you're good to go.

We only need to take big screenshots for the upload thread but that's not the case. Even if, large pictures don't show up in the Storytelling mode. The largest size possible is 600x450.

Changing the compatibility mode works?? I want to figure this out so I can take screenshots of my game again in general. If I can't figure it out, I'll use the in game camera.
Trainee Moderator
#753 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 7:50 PM
This article helped me a lot. (Step 4)
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275

Even if it's written for Sims 2 UC, it also works for the normal TS2.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Instructor
#754 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 7:57 PM
It's working!!! I'm so happy, I haven't been able to take screenshots in months!

If I take full size screenshots, is that okay? Will you be able to reduce them to the required size?
Trainee Moderator
#755 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 8:12 PM
That would work but they can easily become blurry if you resize big screenshots into a "small" size.
I have never tried this before so I can't tell how the pictures look like afterwards. But you could do both; taking the pictures via the in-game camera or the screenshot-taking program.

Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you!

My Simblr
Instructor
#756 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 8:32 PM
I've been looking for a way to make them sneak around for my photos, and I just found this download: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=298515

Now I'm going to have fun!!
Instructor
#757 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 8:33 PM
That would work but they can easily become blurry if you resize big screenshots into a "small" size.
I have never tried this before so I can't tell how the pictures look like afterwards. But you could do both; taking the pictures via the in-game camera or the screenshot-taking program.

Anyway, I'm glad it's working for you!

Thanks for the help! I think there's an option using my photo program to take screenshots of certain sizes, so I'll just take them at the 600 by 450 size.
Instructor
#758 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 2:57 AM
I took a bunch of pictures today, went out, then came back and realized I didn't save them properly with the program I'm using. So none of them saved. I'm feeling really upset and discouraged, I literally spent hours on this today because I'm not very good at setting up photos. If anyone else wants to take the pictures for the Steele family, feel free. I recommend the download I posted above to make sims sneak around. If not, I can try again next weekend, when I will have enough free time again.
Trainee Moderator
#759 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 7:32 PM
Oh, that's bad!
I know how this feels; I also took lots of pictures for the upload thread but then I realised that it would take ages to take pictures of each lot. I ended up re-taking the pictures. So yeah, I know how much effort it takes.

You could also have used the in-game camera for the pictures (by just hitting the C key).

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#760 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 9:18 PM
Yeah, they make perfectly good pictures, if you set them to Large and Highest Quality, and these are for the storytelling album, so it'd be a lot easier to use game camera pics than screen captures. They'll fit in better with the other pics; and the pics always come out.

Now, if you want to make upload pics, those should be screen captures.

You'll find you like your second batch better in the long run, anyway. But yeah, it's daunting to realize you have to do it over.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#761 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 2:59 AM
Thanks Jawusa and Peni, I have been thinking of ways I could have done some of them better so they probably will turn out better the second time I try. I should probably cave and use the in game camera, I just hate how grainy it looks (even though I know they will all look like that). I'll spend the week thinking of ways to do it so I'm all set to try again next weekend.

In the meantime, does anyone want to offer up a child sim they created who would be bullied by Magnolia Steele in a picture at the school? I actually hadn't taken that one yet, so I'm still figuring it out. Otherwise I'll just pull up all the random kids I find in the neighborhood and stage some to be bullied by her.
Trainee Moderator
#762 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 7:15 AM
Sorry for the late answer.

I think Elvira could be bullied by her. Since they have similar clothes and Magnolia might not like that, as Elvira is exactly the opposite. She's a friendly, but shy person whereas Magnolia is outgoing and a bit mean.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#763 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 5:01 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 26th Nov 2016 at 4:30 PM.
Hey! Long time no see! Just wanted to drop in and say Hi and how nice to see people are still working on this! (Sorry I can't be much of help right now, thanks to all the college work...) Keep up the good work, everyone! \:D/

ETA: I'll chime in ASAP!
Trainee Moderator
#764 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 11:04 AM
@Jojoa777

It's been almost a month since we last heard of you.
I don't want to stress you but did you finish taking the Storytelling pictures?

My Simblr
Instructor
#765 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 7:07 PM
@Jojoa777

It's been almost a month since we last heard of you.
I don't want to stress you but did you finish taking the Storytelling pictures?

Eeek, I did not

After I took pictures and then realized none had saved, things got very busy. I should have time again this weekend (possibly not before Sunday though).
Trainee Moderator
#766 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 5:43 PM
@Jojoa777

It's alright!
Please just take your time.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#767 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 8:19 PM
@Jojoa777
You seemed very busy, so I took the Storytelling pictures for the Steele family myself. I hope you don't mind that.
Are the pictures OK for you?
Screenshots

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#768 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 3:23 PM
They look great, all of them and no need to remake any of them.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#769 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 10:26 PM
Thank you so much! Those all look really perfect, and the first one especially is very similar to one of the ones I took that I accidentally didn't save. I really like them!
Mad Poster
#770 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 9:19 PM
@Jawusa They're perfect! Great work!

I sense there will be some sort of a connection between the Raffertys and Steeles, but a bit of animosity between the Steels and the Stones... :O
Trainee Moderator
#771 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone!
I'm glad you like the pictures.

As for the neighborhood, I think it's done! Nobody has reported any issues so far and there haven't been any big changes other than the new Storytelling pictures since the last update.
Now, we only need Storytelling pictures for the neighorhood itself, a better neighborhood description and a completed upload thread for Emerald Heights!

I hope to finish this as soon as possible, as it's been a long time since we last uploaded a neighborhood. That was back in 2015.

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#772 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 2:03 PM
OK. I'm currently doing all of the family portraits in the neighborhood story and would like to follow a pattern for all families but now I'm not sure which I should choose?

I have multiple options.
- A: The picture of the house as the background & a small picture of the family in the foreground
- B: The same as A but having the background a little more darkish-grey.
- C: The picture of the family as the background & a small picture of the house in the foreground. (The opposite of A)
- D: The same as C but having the background a little more darkish-grey (The opposite of B)
- E: Just the picture of the house
- F: Just the family portrait picture (The opposite of E)

I've chosen the Rotspatz family for an example. Which of the options look best?
Screenshots

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#773 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:01 PM
I'd got with just the family picture. Players can figure out which house to use by clicking and seeing the family. Also, less work is always good. Insetting one picture to another isn't much work on its own, but it adds up quickly.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#774 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:10 PM
I agree with Peni -- just the family.
If you really want to include the house (which adds flavor, I think) then go with 'B' - family first/house in background.

Thank YOU for doing all this work

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#775 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 3:25 AM
I like option B. It's similar to what we usually do, but I don't mind making a change like the others suggested.

And like Catherine said, thanks for all the hard work!
Page 31 of 34