Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moar Interactions

by Buzzler Posted 22nd Mar 2011 at 7:55 PM - Updated 25th Jan 2015 at 4:19 PM by Buzzler

1044 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 733 Feedback Posts, 310 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 40 of 42
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#976 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 2:59 PM
I think maybe have a conflict with NRaas' Register(Ver80)? And I love 'Socialize' so much. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#977 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 9:03 AM
thank you!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#978 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 2:34 AM
Thank you so much for sharing all your wonderfull mods with us simmers who couldn't mod to save our lives. lol
Field Researcher
#979 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 11:19 AM
I recently have problems with "Moar Interactions" installed: I can no longer click on Wilsonoff Community Theater. The tag bubble is still there, but clicking on the bubble (or on the building itself) results in ... nothing. It's just ignored.

I tried playing *with* M.I. and *without* M.I., and I confirm that whenever M.I. is enabled, the Theater is not clickable.

I tried clicking on other community lots, seem to be okay: The Arena/Stadium, Plumbob Pictures, City Hall, Science Center... all work. Only the cinema got 'silenced'.

I suspect there might be a conflict, but how do I attempt to find which package it conflicts with, without doing bisection of all packages? (Going into my saved game takes upwards of 15 minutes, if there's a faster way...)

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#980 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 12:48 PM
pepoluan, I don't think it's a conflict, simply because I've never seen a real conflict with script mods. One of the interaction tests choking under certain preconditions seems more likely to me. I will make a note to check that out. If I don't find anything, I'm gonna add try/catch blocks with logging to all interactions that get added to the theatre and would kindly ask you to try again and see if any helpful errors occur. Stay tuned.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
#981 Old 6th Jan 2015 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
pepoluan, I don't think it's a conflict, simply because I've never seen a real conflict with script mods. One of the interaction tests choking under certain preconditions seems more likely to me. I will make a note to check that out. If I don't find anything, I'm gonna add try/catch blocks with logging to all interactions that get added to the theatre and would kindly ask you to try again and see if any helpful errors occur. Stay tuned.

Ah, thanks for looking into it!

I'm willing to help. If you have an instrumented version, you can send it my way to test, and I'll send you the logs.

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Original Poster
#982 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 6:05 PM
@pepoluan: I was unable to provoke the described behavior and all the test methods already have try/catch blocks. I'm kinda assuming that it's not MoarIntactions that's causing the pie menu to fail to show. I have updated the common part of the mod that is shared with some of my other mods. Please make sure too have all the affected mods (see update text) updated if you use any of the others as well.

Apart from that, I'm not sure if I can do anything about it.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#983 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 6:06 PM
Thank you for updating all of your mods to work together! Will be testing in my game soon and give you feedback!
Field Researcher
#984 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 6:01 AM
@pepoluan: I was unable to provoke the described behavior and all the test methods already have try/catch blocks. I'm kinda assuming that it's not MoarIntactions that's causing the pie menu to fail to show. I have updated the common part of the mod that is shared with some of my other mods. Please make sure too have all the affected mods (see update text) updated if you use any of the others as well.

Apart from that, I'm not sure if I can do anything about it.

Ah, understood @Buzzler. Thanks!

I'll do some experiments; if the same issue still appears, I'll try experimenting with a "Hard Reset" and adding other mods one by one. Hopefully I can nail down the actual culprit and prevent others from experiencing the same problem.

Test Subject
#985 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 7:30 PM
I have the same problem as pepoluan. Over at Nraas they told me the problem might be related to this mod and that it had been updated, so maybe try the updated one. I did and I still can't get the theater options to appear unless I remove the mod :o(
Test Subject
#986 Old 20th Jan 2015 at 12:43 PM
Don't know if this info will be helpful or not, but I only have this problem with one of my saved games. (That I know of) I opened one of my other saves and clicked on the theater to see if my world was maybe corrupt and thought it was when the theater showed all the options. Saving the lot (in the problem world) then deleting it and replacing it with the saved one fixes the problem, but only for the duration of the play. When I next load that particular game the theater options are again unavailable.

Removing the mod fixes the problem... It's really weird!
Field Researcher
#987 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by loveshobbits
Don't know if this info will be helpful or not, but I only have this problem with one of my saved games. (That I know of) I opened one of my other saves and clicked on the theater to see if my world was maybe corrupt and thought it was when the theater showed all the options. Saving the lot (in the problem world) then deleting it and replacing it with the saved one fixes the problem, but only for the duration of the play. When I next load that particular game the theater options are again unavailable.

Removing the mod fixes the problem... It's really weird!

Interesting discovery.

I happen to want to start a new game. Let me reactivate the Moar Interactions mod, start the new game, and test the theater. I'll report back with my findings.

Original Poster
#988 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 8:19 AM
Hmm, I'll have a look at it again. Question, though, does the issue occur with only MoarInteractions or in tandem with an NRaas mod?

Mad Poster
#989 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 2:07 AM Last edited by igazor : 25th Jan 2015 at 4:02 AM.
I'm suddenly getting this as well with my Theatres with the new version of Moar. NRaas Selector is reporting "System.StackOverflowException: The maximum stack depth for the interpreter has been exceeded" plus further Moar Interaction related details whenever I click on the theatre directly. Its map tag commands just disappear (except for the NRaas menu). I assume that if I remove Selector I would get the same errors and missing commands, just without them being logged and reported, but haven't tried that yet.

Buzzler, would the script error from Selector be of any use to you or can you just as easily re-create that on your end?

Edit: In the game session I happen to be in, the interactions were only broken while a show is taking place. When "See a Show" was no longer available, all of the other pie menu interactions returned.
Original Poster
#990 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 12:58 PM
@igazor, please share the script errors. I still haven't seen the issues in action, so I'm still very much in the dark and the script errors may help.

Mad Poster
#991 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 1:59 PM
@igazor, please share the script errors. I still haven't seen the issues in action, so I'm still very much in the dark and the script errors may help.

Oh good, hope this helps pinpoint the issue.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a...ctor_Errors.zip
Original Poster
#992 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 4:19 PM
Thanks for the script error. Was quite a blunderous mistake on my side. :P

Mad Poster
#993 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 12:49 AM
Thanks for the script error. Was quite a blunderous mistake on my side. :P

I only stumbled across the issue by accident when my sims didn't even want or need to be going to the movies. But Moar has always been one of my favorite mods, so glad I was able to help!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#994 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 6:04 AM
Hoooray! The Phantom Supressor of the Theater has been excised!

**scurries quickly to download**
THANKS POST
#995 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 5:28 AM
nice work . thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#996 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 3:04 PM
Muchas gracias por este mod :) Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#997 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 3:10 PM Last edited by dominatorex : 15th Mar 2015 at 8:23 PM.
Still conflicts with Dancer service according to Delphy and somehow affects Dance with/together/slowdance ...
I like this mod really. TY
Test Subject
#998 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:40 PM
Go To Bed With / Come To Bed doesn't allow teens?
Scholar
#999 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dominatorex
Still conflicts with Dancer service according to Delphy and somehow affects Dance with/together/slowdance ...
I like this mod really. TY

The Dashboard can't detect conflicts with script mods - only tuning mods. And from past experience - this mod required an edit to the optional tuning file to make slow dancing work. Not sure if that's the case now, because I haven't played Sims 3 in quite awhile.
Instructor
#1000 Old 14th May 2015 at 12:06 AM Last edited by lindali365 : 14th May 2015 at 12:35 AM.
Is there a trick to being able to cook with a stove on a community lot? I created a base camp and added it to a town and my sim only has the option to upgrade the stove. On the fridge she only has the option for a quick snack.

I removed most of my other mods and cc, replaced the stove and fridge with base game appliances, cleared my cache files and started a fresh test game, but the option to Have/Serve is still not available. Mods/cc used in test game: Buzzler, NRaas, CC skins/eyes/makeup.

ETA: I tried another test game with the same results (removed all mods except Buzzler's and NRaas Traveler, and used different sims from the library/bin). The wood fire oven works on a community lot so I'll just use that until I figure this out.
Page 40 of 42