Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#176 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The XML Extractor doesn't manage to do the newest combined file, as written about above. The newest one can simply be downloaded from SGModSquad here:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ing-resource/p1

Change the name on the file (after unzipping) to .xml and run the Extractor on it.

That's what I did a week ago.

I've modded nearly 3000 files from the extracted combines and not a problem here.

And also using S4TT morgade's tool for reference.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 5:56 PM Last edited by 5th LMNt : 13th Apr 2015 at 11:08 PM.
The XML Extractor DOES manage the new binary file. Set the combined XML path to 0x00000000!0xf1352e740c4710ba.62e94d38.bnry, and it works like a charm.
Mad Poster
#178 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:38 PM
The base game SimGuru file worked fine with the extractor. So did Outdoor Retreat. It was only the first EP that gave us problems.

Anyway, there is a patch today, so we shall see how that goes.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#179 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:46 PM
So can we extract the files from the patch yet? If so, how would one go about doing this, I can't seem to get it to work for me.
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:22 PM
I don't think we can.
Mad Poster
#181 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:44 PM
As far as I know we can't, but I haven't downloaded the patch yet to be sure. If they don't send any files soon, I guess we need to draw lots to see whose turn it is to go ask for them. lol

Lab Assistant
#182 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:57 PM
Well, there are quite a few that have stated that they can extract the files from the binary combined tuning, so I guess we just wait for them to do it.
Mad Poster
#183 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 3:24 PM
Just to be clear, there are those who can? I know when this all first started, some people were confusing the file from the Full build (the original, unedited, file from when the game released which can still be extracted) with the Delta build file (the updated patched file). So when someone posts a link to extracted files, a person has to be careful that they aren't getting the original base game files from day 1.

Top Secret Researcher
#184 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 4:33 PM
I thought Fogity was able to do it with his own personal program?
Mad Poster
#185 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 5:01 PM
He can open the special xml file that is sent directly from the SimGurus. When this mess all started, you can see him ask for it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ormation#latest

Then SimGuruModSquad delivered the special xmls here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...resource#latest

EDIT: Also, thank-you JustAnotherSimsFan for asking for the files for us! I would have done it, but I don't want to wear out my welcome. (Especially since I've been so terribly harsh about the game in general.)

Lab Assistant
#186 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 5:27 PM
You're welcome
Top Secret Researcher
#187 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 6:30 PM
@MadameButterfly, yeah I remember that. I wasn't sure if it was the SimGuru files he extracted or the .package file, I was a little confused I guess.
Mad Poster
#188 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 6:47 PM
It's ok. I think it's good that we had this mini-recap in case others come along and read this.

Lab Assistant
#189 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 11:18 PM
Sorry plasticbox, post deleted.
Mad Poster
#190 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:53 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 18th Apr 2015 at 4:08 AM.
Combined tuning resources for 1.5.149 are up: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...resource#latest

EDIT: As far as I can tell, the extractor was able to extract the Get To Work combined file just fine this time. What about you guys? Did you see any garbly-gook?

Deceased
#191 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Did you see any garbly-gook?

Sadly yes, your first post had mentioned the HTML quote tags in the "supported_posture_type_filter" tuning. Wasn't sure which file that was, but the first one I looked at with that tuning (interaction 1B5EC) had the same bugs, all over the place so I'm sure they're rampant. Kind of sad, as much as I (and I'm sure all of us!) appreciate the versions Fogity's tool produces, I really liked how the files got dumped by the original tool (all interactions in one subfolder, named S4_###_###_###.xml) as it made it super-easy comparing a set of specific files from the old XML to new using my XML comparer program. The unformatted XML is useless to me - can't read it, wouldn't work with it (too error prone a process for me), and the stuff with the comments is great for reference and initial mod building, but makes comparisons more error prone for a simple diff tool.

But then I'm sure for every person who may agree with me and equal number would prefer the way Fogity is providing them - so this is just idle chatter, not a suggestion for debate on how Fogity's tool should be formatting things. I will not look a gift horse in the mouth and will bow and scrape at Fogity's feet for another batch.
Mad Poster
#192 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:26 AM
Ah ok, thank-you! I actually couldn't find my very original, but I may have thrown away my copy in disgust.

Fogity had formatted and unformatted versions of his newest files, however. He redid them after finding an error. ( Edit: Oh, I see. You mean all the individual folders.)

Edit 2: It's my bed time, so I am probably completely incoherent at the moment. Sorry about that.)

Deceased
#193 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
( Edit: Oh, I see. You mean all the individual folders.)

Yeah, I think it's just too organized for my kind of mind, lol. I LOVE the commented versions as it looks like it's combining the info from all the string tables instead of just the one from that particular set. If I can't get use to the new structure, I can always write a bash script to rename all the files and massage them the way I want.

I actually played around with the combined tuning simdata files in the 010 Editor using the new binary template EA provided but it doesn't look like it is coming out 100% correct. In any event, even if we could process it with the data tool all we'd see is a bunch of numbers pointing to strings in other tables, it wouldn't "assemble" it all into the combined tuning - that will definitely require a custom program be written. I know Fogity was considering writing something to do that, so if he or anyone else wants to discuss how that stuff is stored I'd be glad to share what I have managed to figure out - proabably another thread or a PM would be best.
Lab Assistant
#194 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:14 PM
I will provide a new batch of extracted files soon, when I am not as tired as I am right now.

But I would like some feedback on the format, it seems that at least scumbumbo has some issues with it that I probably could address. Currently I have parameters for whether to have line endings, what the tabs should consist of, whether to add references (strings and tuning for now, I will add cas parts and maybe objects when I feel like it). I could easily also add some parameters for the folder structure and naming.
So as far as I can see the only feature that I do not have that the extractor has is object references (though I can not release any tool for new, that will be in the future).
If you have an opinion on the structure, write it down and I will make the compromises I see fit (if only one person has an opinion, that will be the result, otherwise I just choose what fits me).

@scumbumbo: all information about the data files you can give me is good, I have a library for reading them, but it does not read those files yet. And I really do not have time to do extensive research for myself at the moment.
Top Secret Researcher
#195 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:51 PM
@Fogity, I like the way you format the files now. But if you want to change them for scumbumbo, I wouldn't object to that either. Either way works for me. I know, not helpful, but I suppose I just prefer the way you are doing it now, but I'm flexible.
Lab Assistant
#196 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 8:57 PM
Just uploaded extracted files from the latest update. They are again found here: https://fogity.wordpress.com/extracted-tuning/

But I must warn you that I have rewritten the tool I am using, so therefore it will look a bit different then my last extraction. I can also not guarantee that there won't be any mistakes in the files, check them first. I can guarantee that the previous problem is not there though.

Feedback is appreciated.
Instructor
#197 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 9:05 PM
For me the individual XML files don't have to go into subfolders. It is enough if the XML's are organized by type alone into folders: e.g. have a folder called Sim_Templates, which would contain all the template XML's and so on... I never use the non-formatted XML's, only the formatted ones. As far as comparing the old XML's with the newer patch for differences, it wouldn't matter to use the commented XML's, because I would likely be using the commented XML's for my mods anyway (does that sentence make sense?). So for me personally there's no need to provide XML's without the comments. I quite like the comments, it makes it easier to know what's going on in a glance.
Oh, and THANK YOU FOGITY FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK! I think it's safe to say that the whole modding community is in your debt!

This space intentionally left blank...
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 12:09 AM
Thanks for the job Fogity

If you want to know your future...create it!
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 4:42 AM
Well, I won't have problems if there's any modification n.n
Lab Assistant
#200 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fogity
I will provide a new batch of extracted files soon, when I am not as tired as I am right now.

But I would like some feedback on the format, it seems that at least scumbumbo has some issues with it that I probably could address. Currently I have parameters for whether to have line endings, what the tabs should consist of, whether to add references (strings and tuning for now, I will add cas parts and maybe objects when I feel like it). I could easily also add some parameters for the folder structure and naming.
So as far as I can see the only feature that I do not have that the extractor has is object references (though I can not release any tool for new, that will be in the future).
If you have an opinion on the structure, write it down and I will make the compromises I see fit (if only one person has an opinion, that will be the result, otherwise I just choose what fits me).

@scumbumbo: all information about the data files you can give me is good, I have a library for reading them, but it does not read those files yet. And I really do not have time to do extensive research for myself at the moment.

Thanks for the new Extracted files, I personally miss the subfolders though so I hope you can get that working again in your new tool it saves a lot of trouble when having to compare new against old files.
Anyway as i said thanks, great job again as usual
Page 8 of 9