Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:01 PM
Default futuristic Road Overlay for Neighborhood?
I am currently doing a "Into the future" themed neighborhood. I found some conversions/road replacements from this EP, but I only want futuristic roads in one neighborhood, not all. Are there road overlays that work as neighborhood deco or something similiar? I only have overlays for the lots..
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 6:14 PM
I don't know about neighbourhood deco but one thing you can do with the neighbourhood roads defaults is have different ones for different terrains. For example, you can have one type of road for a desert terrain and another for a temperate grass terrain.

One thing you might consider is maybe defaulting the little used dirt terrain with something suitable (bright concrete, moon surface, purple rocks - whatever takes your fancy) and then using a road default for that terrain that matches in a suitable way.

The trouble with neighbourhood object overlays for the roads is that they will probably have to be flat pieces - or you need to DL a pile with different inclines because you can't rotate pieces from the horizontal in neighbourhood view (can't do it in lot view either but you can use omsps for that).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Jul 2020 at 10:47 AM
Default How?
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I don't know about neighbourhood deco but one thing you can do with the neighbourhood roads defaults is have different ones for different terrains. For example, you can have one type of road for a desert terrain and another for a temperate grass terrain.

One thing you might consider is maybe defaulting the little used dirt terrain with something suitable (bright concrete, moon surface, purple rocks - whatever takes your fancy) and then using a road default for that terrain that matches in a suitable way.

The trouble with neighbourhood object overlays for the roads is that they will probably have to be flat pieces - or you need to DL a pile with different inclines because you can't rotate pieces from the horizontal in neighbourhood view (can't do it in lot view either but you can use omsps for that).

Could you please explain how can you have different roads for different terrains?