Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Kitchen worktops after "batch EP fix"
First of all-thanks guys for the so so easy batch update in SimPe! You made my life soooooo much easier!

As per above, I have updated all my downloads. Only now, when I try to put a sink in a recoloured worktop, it changes from the colour to a white top with writing all over it, it looks like it says "cheap work top" or something along those lines. And when i remove the sink, it stays like that-it doesn't go back to the colour. I have to remove it and "buy" it again.

Has anyone had the same issue?

I'm unsure if I'm in the right forum-it was a toss up between this one and The Tools forum-apologies if its the wrong one!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:40 AM
I'm afraid I can't help, but I can say yes, the same thing has happened to all my countertops that I have"fixed" with SimPE :confused:
Mesh Maestro
#3 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:56 AM
It seems to me the untextured alpha channel is showing up... any chance you could upload the package so I can take a look at it?
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Mar 2005 at 1:19 PM
Thanks for offering to help. I'm afraid I'm not quite sure how to upload a file and I know I'm sure that I don't want to get shot for uploading a file I didn't create

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32297

This is a link to a countertop from the beta test forum that has not been updated. Maybe you could apply the fix and see what's happening. I've been doing some reading about this and it appears that countertops cannot be made with object workshop? They have to be made the long way? I don't even know what that means, but it sounds like something I can't do
Mesh Maestro
#5 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 3:43 AM
I will take a look at it as soon as I can... If the majority says long way then they are usually right...LOL
Part-time Hermit
#6 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 4:35 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 7th Mar 2005 at 4:39 AM.
Somebody mentioned that this problem should have been fixed by the latest version of SimPE (0.26), so maybe you should try remaking your counter with that.