Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 7:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Refresh rate is greyed out
My game played so bad on Windows 10 I gave up and had an old computer brought back to life. Just so I could play in peace. Everything is working fine except I had some lagging. I ran the graphics rule-maker but it is still lagging and the refresh rate is greyed out. I was hoping someone had some advice on how to fix. Oh, in this picture the smooth edges are on low. It is actually high.

Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor AMD Athlon (tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30 GHZ
Ram 8.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce 210

Thanks waiting with fingers crossed.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 11:54 AM
Are you running the game in a window? If so, the refresh rate is supposed to be greyed out since a windowed game gets its settings from the operating system. If you need to change the refresh rate, either change it from Windows (right-click on desktop > screen resolution > advanced settings > monitor tab) or run the game full-screen and the refresh rate settings should be available in the game's graphics options screen.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 1:55 PM
Yes, I am running in windows. I never noticed it being grey before. I will thank you for the quick and response.