Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 1:23 PM Last edited by pureheart : 24th Jun 2019 at 3:24 PM.
Default Rebuild Routing Data Stopped Working - *FIXED*
The Rebuild Routing Data in CAW has stopped working. One day it was fine; the next day it wouldn't work at all. I click on the function and nothing at all happens. The check mark doesn't even appear. Show Routing Data still functions properly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled CAW. I have uninstalled my version and installed different versions, including SuperCAW. The Rebuild Routing Data function does not work in any of them, not even with the Sunset Valley Lite files that load with CAW installation.

Does anyone know of any way to fix this? Or if my world will work okay without it? (I am trying to edit pre-existing EA worlds, both Appaloosa Plains and Starlight Shores.) I appreciate any tips you might have.

pureheart
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:10 PM
How do you know it doesn't work? It's a one-time action, you click on the option in the menu and CAW does its thing. It never had a check mark, that is only for Show Routing Data which you can toggle on or off.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:28 PM
Thanks for responding, Norn (I LOVE your worlds and lots, btw).

Previously, when I clicked on the Rebuild and moved the camera slightly, the routing lines would flicker, indicating something was happening. Now, when I click nothing at all happens. Routing lines do not appear, and if I have the Show Routing Data selected, the lines do not flicker. It doesn't seem as if anything at all is happening.

I'll be relieved if I've been worrying over nothing at all.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 4:14 PM
You can try to move the camera around, it helps me sometimes. If it still doesn't work, you have to actually do something with the routing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 4:48 PM
Thanks for the tip. I have been moving the camera directly after selecting the Rebuild option. It doesn't seem to do anything. Still hopeful that it's nothing to worry about.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:14 PM
Put down a plant where a connection point should be a rebuild again.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:37 PM
Thank you, pureheart Happy to hear you enjoy my builds. Yes, what Volvenom said. Put a large rock or object somewhere and rebuild the routing. If you move the camera now, the routing grid should look different. If it doesn't, well, then Sims 3 has stopped working
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 1:40 PM
Thank you both! I'll try that today (had to leave immediately after posting yesterday. Saw "Hamilton." It was amazing!)
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 3:24 PM
That Worked!! Thank you both again! I'm so pleased to have everything working as it should.