Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 6:39 AM
How do I change the stage's color?
After building a custom stage on a park, I placed the stage marker that looks like a yellow checkerboard with red X's. The stage works nicely, with Sims performing on it and a proprietor spawning automatically. But how do I change the color of the stage so instead of a yellow checkerboard, it's something better looking? When I choose a design and click on the stage, it only paints the area underneath the checkerboard.

The weird part is, I got started by following this guide on IGN.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/the-sims-3/Placing_the_Stage

And the guide says the stage marker (ie the yellow checkerboard) can be painted, with a screenshot showing that the red X's appear on top of the new texture. How do I do this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 2:52 PM
I think you have to use floor titles for this and CAST them however you like it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 5:22 AM
I don't understand what you mean. The normal floor tiles won't function as a stage for shows like Simfests.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 10:22 AM
You place them on the stage area. Not replace it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
You place them on the stage area. Not replace it.

I assume "them" refers to the floor tiles. When I place the tiles on the stage, they go underneath the checkerboard and cannot be seen.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 11:39 PM
OOPS, I just checked in the game. Use create a style on the stage itself. I grab the wood or what I want for flooring there and not from the floor tiles themselves. Sorry about that. Too much on all of our minds now.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2020 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Man of Steal
I assume "them" refers to the floor tiles. When I place the tiles on the stage, they go underneath the checkerboard and cannot be seen.

Try placing above the titles. Last time I messed around with the stage, somewhat it was possible to incorperate it. See and check if the checkerbkard appears not just in the rearranging modes, but in live mode also?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
OOPS, I just checked in the game. Use create a style on the stage itself. I grab the wood or what I want for flooring there and not from the floor tiles themselves. Sorry about that. Too much on all of our minds now.

Yes, that works! Thanks for all the replies . I was starting to think it's impossible.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 12:11 AM
YAY, sorry about the brain lapse the first time. I had to go into the game and do it to remember.