Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 10:55 PM
Default Disappearing graves?
Today I moved the grave of a recently deceased Sim to the city cemetery. It's been a while since I had a continuous session of TS2 as long as today, so I don't remember every single detail about that neighbourhood off the top of my head, but I do remember his wife's family had a mausoleum on that lot. However, when I went there to choose a place for the grave it was the only tombstone present there. I know for sure there were at least two Sims there (her grandparents), possibly a third (her father). Has this happened to anyone and am I in trouble? I have most essential mods, in particular I have both nounlinkondelete and nocorruptdeath, which makes me want to think I'm safe, but really I don't know.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 1:54 AM
My graves seem to disappear aaaaaaallllll the time. It's quite annoying, because I have to go back and check if I finished sending the grave to the cemetery and didn't leave it limbo or something. So yeah, you can go back to the original lots and see if the graves are there, instead, and you can run Hood Checker. Sometimes that finds missing graves for me.

If you really want the graves and they don't show back up anywhere, you can respawn them with mods, but otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it if you've got nonunlinkondelete and etc. installed. This is just one of those wonky things the game does, imo, so I stopped worrying about graves a while ago. But ymmv.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 8:07 PM
Funnily enough, I helped my sister with an issue like this a few hours ago from writing this. If you're still needing help, this should do the trick:

1) Firstly, I checked SimPE just to make sure that the sim is safe. I even checked with the HoodChecker just in case.

2) Then, I installed the FFS Lot Debugger (Bat Box).

3) I entered a random lot and pause the game. This is important.

4) Go into Buy Mode and get the FFS Lot Debugger (it should be in "Miscellaneous," then "Miscellaneous") for £1.

5) Enable Debug Mode (I have it enabled by default due to userStartup.cheat, but to enabled it normally, open the cheat box by using Ctrl + Shift + C, and typing into it "boolProp testingcheatsenabled true.")

6) Shift + Click on the Sim you have selected to have a pie menu appear.

7) Go to Spawn then Tombstone of L and D to have a tombstone spawn.

8) Click on the tombstone then find "Add Neighbour to Family," and keep clicking on "More..." until you find the first name of the Sim you want. This may be difficult if many sims share the same first name.

9) This may take multiple tries, but you have to unpause and then pause again very quickly, otherwise the Sim will fade away.

10) Once successful, Shift + Click on the Sim you have just spawned and click "Make Selectable."

11) Select the spawned sim and Shift + Click on the FFS Lot Debugger and click "Object," and "Spawn Tombstone."

12) Lastly, unpause and the Sim will fade away, leaving their tombstone. You can then move it to any lot of your choice with the Nightlife feature.

That's just how I did it, but I'm sure others may inform you of a different alternative if you're uncomfortable with this method.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 11:41 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 5:10 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. I'll run HoodChecker anyway to be sure and then try to get the graves again somehow.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!