Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 2:15 AM
Default Run Away Teen
I have had creator Squinge mod for some time but never use it until today. One of my Sims teen female twin name Julie is not doing so great in her school grade, with C level
her twin sister April is a B+ all those Julie study hard she seem to stay at C grade, today was the first time I notice Julie slap her twin sister. So after making her sister cry
Julie ran away from home, being it's the first time I ever use this mod here is what I notice the family / parents do get the memories and cries that the child have ran away.

They can then report to the police that the child is missing. ( which they did ) After reporting the child will be return by police.
My problem is after two Sims days the child never return home, I did not save my game so things are back as normal.

I would like to know if any members here have ever use this mod before ? If so did the child return home after reporting the child was missing ? And how many Sims days did it take for the child to return ? Right now I am going to hold back on using it again in Squinge note txt he said once you report the child as being missing the child will return it did not happen for me. What your opinion ? Here the mod in question http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,23563.0.html

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 3:08 AM
I've not used the mod, nor do I know what it does. What I do know is that it is not abnormal for a teen to not return after two days.

If you're lucky and you've called the police in time, then the teen will be returned sooner, however it's not guaranteed. Sometimes the teen will not return until they're about to age to adults, regardless of how long they have 'til they reach that point. If it's six days until they transition, they'll be gone for six days.

Calling the police increases the likelihood of the teen returning, I don't think it guarantees return. I had a sim call about the teen's disappearance straight away and they still didn't return until their adult transition. It just depends on luck in my experience.

I could be wrong, though. This is just based on my experience.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 5:45 AM
The game itself allows for teens to run away and the parents to ring the police -so I assume this mod has simply added the ability to the sim menu while keeping all the vanilla game settings.
What happens is if the parents ring the police quickly enough there is a high chance the teen will be brought back, if they don't get brought back immediately the teen will stay away until just before they age up into young adults.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 10:31 PM
@joandsarah77 Thanks for explaning this, under what condition in the normal played game will make a teen run away?
I actually did not know it was already in normal game play, the parent did not call until they came from work, also I did not know the teen return when they age up into young adults.
Do to the fact I have a bit of a hard time letting my teen and child age up to the next stage, I better think twice about using that mod.

@CrystalFlame360 Thank to you as well it help to understand.
NOTE: I do know that a pet can run away for lack of attention, because they wear a collar the police or a Sims can return them to the pet owner.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@joandsarah77 Thanks for explaning this, under what condition in the normal played game will make a teen run away?
I actually did not know it was already in normal game play, the parent did not call until they came from work, also I did not know the teen return when they age up into young adults.
Do to the fact I have a bit of a hard time letting my teen and child age up to the next stage, I better think twice about using that mod.

In normal gameplay, a teen will run away when they have a really bad relationship with their family. For example in the pre-made hoods, Lilith pleasant will easily run away.

The parent needs to ring quickly as the longer it has been since the teen ran away the lower the chance of return, so if the parent calls within the hour there is a high chance, if some hours went by, low chance. My guess is it took too long.

That mod simply gives you the ability to choose to force it I think, unless it changed other things about it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
In normal gameplay, a teen will run away when they have a really bad relationship with their family. For example in the pre-made hoods, Lilith pleasant will easily run away.

The parent needs to ring quickly as the longer it has been since the teen ran away the lower the chance of return, so if the parent calls within the hour there is a high chance, if some hours went by, low chance. My guess is it took too long.

That mod simply gives you the ability to choose to force it I think, unless it changed other things about it.

Thank you again Jo's